Tradition at West Monroe

Reb72

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Cool video.

Congrats on going home to the dome too!

Thanks Hawg, any celebration will be short lived though, we have our work cut out to even compete with a Landry-Walker team that boasts 16 (at least) legitimate D-1 prospects.  We definitely are not going to be able to "out athlete" them.

On that note, don't know if we were paying homage to our legendary Coach Don Shows or maybe getting ready to try and play ball control in preparation but we lined up and ran the old triple option offense for the entire 4th quarter of the game this week...  maybe hoping to summon Coach Shows to be with us in the Dome  ;)

• Like 1

Here is a little preview of the Landry-Walker Charging Bucs:

#5 QB Keytaon Thompson 6'4" 210lb SR *Committed to play at Miss State, Dual Threat QB
Last stats, before semi-final game with Destrehan:
Passing: 167-280 for 3,260 yds and 40 TDs Rushing: 116 rushes for 1,161 yds & 21 TDs

#4 RB Tevin Bush 5'8" 170lb SR *Committed to play at West Virgina
Rushing: 47 rushes for 897 yds & 9 TDs Receiving: 40 receptions for 896 yds & 15 TDs
Also has returned 3 kick-offs for TDs
*Will run some jet-sweeps

#3 WR Devonta Jason 6'4" 195lb JR * Leaning strong to play for LSU
41 receptions for 882 yds & 14 TDs

#18 WR Travis Victor 5'10" 160lbs
30 receptions for 652 yds & 5 TDs

#80 WR Lamont Berzat 5'9" 170lb SR
24 receptions for 446 yds & 6 TDs

16 hours ago, Reb72 said:

Thanks Hawg, any celebration will be short lived though, we have our work cut out to even compete with a Landry-Walker team that boasts 16 (at least) legitimate D-1 prospects.  We definitely are not going to be able to "out athlete" them.

Landry-Walker may have 16 D1s spread out on the roster, maybe more. I can't be sure . They all look like D1s to me. They are that type team.

They won't beat West Monroe though in the big picture, BUT I believe LW may be able to put 30-35 points on the board.

John Curtis and Edna Karr both beat LW this year.

5 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Landry-Walker may have 16 D1s spread out on the roster, maybe more. I can't be sure . They all look like D1s to me. They are that type team.

They won't beat West Monroe though in the big picture, BUT I believe LW may be able to put 30-35 points on the board.

John Curtis and Edna Karr both beat LW this year.

don't even try it, even you know Landry-Walker is a huge favorite...  even CP has flipped on their projection

WM is really banged up too, RB Coleman (6'1" 209) has a pulled groin, DL Swanner (6'0" 258) had an MRI today...  we'll be lucky if we can give them as good a game as Destrehan did :P

5 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

don't even try it, even you know Landry-Walker is a huge favorite...  even CP has flipped on their projection

How would I know that exactly?

No team is a huge favorite over West Monroe in the Superdome.

What makes a bunch of disorganized D1 ATHs a huge favorite?

That said. If LW were to bring it on both sides for 48 and limit the dumb stuff they could win.

11 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

How would I know that exactly?

No team is a huge favorite over West Monroe in the Superdome.

What makes a bunch of disorganized D1 ATHs a huge favorite?

That said. If LW were to bring it on both sides for 48 and limit the dumb stuff they could win.

uhhh, 'cause no one other than the WM "homers" are picking the Rebs to win...  I read the other boards too  ;)

5 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

uhhh, 'cause no one other than the WM "homers" are picking the Rebs to win...  I read the other boards too  ;)

You've posted 2,356 West Monroe photos and videos. There are bigger WM homers than you, doubtful? xD

You always downplay to make West Monroe look better.

nolebull813, is the same way with an entire state.

26 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

You've posted 2,356 West Monroe photos and videos. There are bigger WM homers than you, doubtful? xD

You always downplay to make West Monroe look better.

nolebull813, is the same way with an entire state.

guilty as charged, of course I'm a West Monroe homer...  but what's not to love?  ^_^

I'm also a realist, without Coleman WM doesn't stand a chance unfortunately.  They need that big back to make the offense work, without him LW can load the box and key on Bolden (just like Curtis and Madison Central did) and LW has just as good athletes as both those teams...  maybe better.  And losing Swanner is just about as big on the defensive side.  If WM can stay within 2 scores, I'd say they will have done about as good as they can do under the circumstances--and that's being real.