With one of the toughest schedules in 2016, looks as though Colquitt...

ORabidOne

will upgrade that gauntlet in 2017! They will no doubt start the season in the Corky Kell Classic in the new Mercedes Benz Dome, against a nationally ranked opponent. Then they will replace American Heritage with Cocoa at home! Followed by an away game with Tucker at Hallford Stadium in Dekalb county!  That will be followed up by replacing ISB with an opponent from California, which will be put together by the Paragon group, apparently to be played in the HOG PEN! Then, the Packers travel to Gwinnett county, to play at Brookwood Community Stadium in Snellville! Followed by a home game against the winningest high school team in America, the Valdosta Wildcats! THEN, Region 1AAAAAAA wars begin!!! The Packers will travel to Martin Stadium at Lowndes. Then are home to Tift Co., and end the regular season, with the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG road trip to Wanker Holler in Northern Jacksonville, to play the Camden Co. Wildcats!

• Like 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Hope it's not Westlake,CA

I heard it's Mater Dei. After losing in the finals and being ridiculed for his weak non-league schedule, the Stache is looking to boost his SOS next year. So far he's signed contracts with The Bishop, STA, Colquitt, Alabama and the 1986 Bears.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I heard it's Mater Dei. After losing in the finals and being ridiculed for his weak non-league schedule, the Stache is looking to boost his SOS next year. So far he's signed contracts with The Bishop, STA, Colquitt, Alabama and the 1986 Bears.

Tigers mascot photo.

I don't know if you guys recognize that logo or not... 

xD

That's not who it is. 

Heard from Lamar on Saturday that this was happening.   Great exposure for the young Tuck players.

Looking forward to the Hawg Fans visiting Hallford.   Hopefully those Colquitt fans that might come up early might consider visiting downtown Tucker on Main St. and Lavista directly across from Tucker High.  It is a very quaint little replica of a 1950's style town with tons of flavor from Matthews Cafeteria, ran by a family (2-generations) of former Tucker football players.  This is where the young Tigers eat breakfast every morning during the season and where they eat 50% of their regular season game-day meals.  At one end of the street is the local Longhorns for those wishing for a higher end meal; but there is another eatery owned by a former Tuck football player, the Lucky-7 next to the RR tracks, and another favorite, a 2-story Mexican Restaurant with killer guac and Rita's if one wishes to have a buzz prior to watching a game.  All of these eateries and other businesses in downtown Tucker throw customary weekly parades down Main Street for the Tigers after school every game-day and have done this for greater than 18 years in supporting the program.  It's usually covered by Tucker-TV and helps to hype the players and students alike before heading to a game.  Hope to see some Colquitt folks checking out downtown Tuck  We are a hospitable, fun and very friendly bunch despite the rowdiness of the fans during games; just ask the Northside Warner-Warner Robbins fans that stopped by Matthews and turned it out in good fun; or the ones that showed up early after 12 noon to tailgate with us. 

Know this however; this will be one heck of a game because I keep hearing how Colquitt is returning so many.  That's why this will be so intriguing.  Tucker is also returning a lot.  Only 2 O-line starters graduate along with Shepperd at QB, Broadwater and Bryant at RB; and 4 defensive players:  Sterling-DE; Strozier-MLB; Brown-Saf and Keith Best who hasn't played since tearing his ACL against Colquitt in the second series of the game.  I expect Colquitt to be eons better; but Tucker will represent well.

Right now the focus is on this Friday night's Championship game against Valdosta and getting that 3rd trophy in 8 years!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SWD-1985 said:

Heard from Lamar on Saturday that this was happening.   Great exposure for the young Tuck players.

Looking forward to the Hawg Fans visiting Hallford.   Hopefully those Colquitt fans that might come up early might consider visiting downtown Tucker on Main St. and Lavista directly across from Tucker High.  It is a very quaint little replica of a 1950's style town with tons of flavor from Matthews Cafeteria, ran by a family (2-generations) of former Tucker football players.  This is where the young Tigers eat breakfast every morning during the season and where they eat 50% of their regular season game-day meals.  At one end of the street is the local Longhorns for those wishing for a higher end meal; but there is another eatery owned by a former Tuck football player, the Lucky-7 next to the RR tracks, a 2-story Mexican Restaurant with killer guac and Rita's if one wishes to have a buzz prior to watching a game.  All of these businesses throw weekly parades  down Main Street for the Tigers after school every game-day and have done this for greater than 18 years in supporting the program.  Hope to see some Colquitt folks there.  We are a hospitable and very friendly bunch despite the rowdiness of the fans during games; just ask the Northside Warner-Warner Robbins fans that stopped by Matthews and turned it out in good fun; or the ones that showed up early after 12 noon to tailgate with us. 

Know this however; this will be one heck of a game because I keep hearing how Colquitt is returning so many.  That's why this will be so intriguing.  Tucker is also returning a lot.  Only 2 O-line starters graduate along with Broadwater and Bryant at RB; and 4 defensive players:  Sterling-DE; Strozier-MLB; Brown-Saf and Keith Best who hasn't played since tearing his ACL against Colquitt in the second series of the game.  I expect Colquitt to be eons better; but Tucker will represent well.

Right now the focus is on this Friday night's Championship game against Valdosta!

Guarantee that the local economy gets a boost from having the Packers up there. I for one look forward to it. I enjoy going to all the different stadiums and soaking up the different atmospheres that they provide. I can't always come up early, but I usually try to, and to make an event of it by visiting local sites, sightseeing etc. 

I've never been to Hallford so I'm definitely looking forward to visiting there. 

Good luck to you fans and your boys this Friday at the Dome. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Guarantee that the local economy gets a boost from having the Packers up there. I for one look forward to it. I enjoy going to all the different stadiums and soaking up the different atmospheres that they provide. I can't always come up early, but I usually try to, and to make an event of it by visiting local sites, sightseeing etc. 

I've never been to Hallford so I'm definitely looking forward to visiting there. 

Thanks HawgGoneIt.  If you are attending next season, lets try to meet up to make introductions and if you plan to be there early and might visit downtown Tuck, I'll treat you to any of the local eateries of your choice.  Then we can have some good 'ole smack talk about who will win the game!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SWD-1985 said:

Thanks HawgGoneIt.  If you are attending next season, lets try to meet up to make introductions and if you plan to be there early and might visit downtown Tuck, I'll treat you to any of the local eateries of your choice.  Then we can have some good 'ole smack talk about who will win the game!

Not yet knowing the date for the game, but upon a little investigation earlier after hearing about the game there I saw that Tucker has a Cruise-in every second Saturday. That seems like something that could be fun to check out if the game works out on the correct night. I'm sure I'll find something else in the area worth doing also. I always do. The little side trips/treks are a staple of my football experiences. 

A meet and greet would be awesome as well. :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SWD-1985 said:

It is a very quaint little replica of a 1950's style town with tons of flavor from Matthews Cafeteria, ran by a family (2-generations) of former Tucker football players.  ..

Replica heck! It IS 1950's and has been that way forever.  They have done a great job making it a little more walkable and as SWD-1985 said there is some really good eating to be had.  Mathews is not fancy but oh my gosh it is good.  The fried chicken is to die for and portion sizes will choke a mule.  The yeast rolls make your mouth water and if you actually have room the deserts rank right up there as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Haliford is probably most like the Concrete Palace but built on embankments instead of columns.  Make sure to get plenty of steps in the week before and you might consider a portable oxygen bottle to help climb the steps. :D  Once you get to the top though there is no reason to go back down.  Good bar-b-que if I remember right cooked on site and the normal game fare.  Only downside is you do occasionally get some jerks that come through the parking lot and they will break into cars.  Given the way the Pack travels, the lots should be full and the DeKalb PD is pretty good about patrolling.  It is a concrete stadium and some of the coldest nights I've ever spent were there!

5 hours ago, SWD-1985 said:

Looking forward to the Hawg Fans visiting Hallford.   Hopefully those Colquitt fans that might come up early might consider visiting downtown Tucker on Main St. and Lavista directly across from Tucker High.  It is a very quaint little replica of a 1950's style town with tons of flavor from Matthews Cafeteria, ran by a family (2-generations) of former Tucker football players.  This is where the young Tigers eat breakfast every morning during the season and where they eat 50% of their regular season game-day meals.  At one end of the street is the local Longhorns for those wishing for a higher end meal; but there is another eatery owned by a former Tuck football player, the Lucky-7 next to the RR tracks, and another favorite, a 2-story Mexican Restaurant with killer guac and Rita's if one wishes to have a buzz prior to watching a game.  All of these eateries and other businesses in downtown Tucker throw customary weekly parades down Main Street for the Tigers after school every game-day and have done this for greater than 18 years in supporting the program.  It's usually covered by Tucker-TV and helps to hype the players and students alike before heading to a game.  Hope to see some Colquitt folks checking out downtown Tuck  We are a hospitable, fun and very friendly bunch despite the rowdiness of the fans during games; just ask the Northside Warner-Warner Robbins fans that stopped by Matthews and turned it out in good fun; or the ones that showed up early after 12 noon to tailgate with us. 

Know this however; this will be one heck of a game because I keep hearing how Colquitt is returning so many.  That's why this will be so intriguing.  Tucker is also returning a lot.  Only 2 O-line starters graduate along with Shepperd at QB, Broadwater and Bryant at RB; and 4 defensive players:  Sterling-DE; Strozier-MLB; Brown-Saf and Keith Best who hasn't played since tearing his ACL against Colquitt in the second series of the game.  I expect Colquitt to be eons better; but Tucker will represent well.

Right now the focus is on this Friday night's Championship game against Valdosta and getting that 3rd trophy in 8 years!

Do me a favor, have your visitor side boosters stock the concession stand a little heavy, and beef up the employment numbers. We are tired of breaking the stand by halftime.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dntn31 said:

I'll believe the Stache going outta state, right after Obama labels mass murders in the USA, as terrorism!!

7 hours ago, SWD-1985 said:

I was in Tucker of a Saddie afternoon once, and it appeared to be a GHOST TOWN!!!:o

As for Colquitt, they will have a VERY small senior class in 2017, which concerns ProPst! Only four or five are said to be starting! It helps that they'll have a potential three star QB starting his senior season. After 2017, KISS YO ASSES GOODBYE!!!:)

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You'll LUUUUUUV Hallford! The 17,500 seat stadium seating is about fifty steps above the parking lot! Get there early and leave your sidearms in the pickumup truck, cause you hafta go through metal detectors!

13 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

With one of the toughest schedules in 2016, looks as though Colquitt

well, it was a tough schedule for a GA team but the big boys play better schedules than this year after year

did you notice at all that when you step up your schedule you don't get as many wins? 

Funny how that works, isn't it? 

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not yet knowing the date for the game, but upon a little investigation earlier after hearing about the game there I saw that Tucker has a Cruise-in every second Saturday. That seems like something that could be fun to check out if the game works out on the correct night. I'm sure I'll find something else in the area worth doing also. I always do. The little side trips/treks are a staple of my football experiences. 

A meet and greet would be awesome as well. :D

Oh yes, I forgot about the Cruise-In.  That's big stuff around Tucker too.  The cars are awesome and many are stored right there in downtown Tucker.  The Cofer family (Cofer Brothers Lumber) in the heart of downtown Tuck are huge sponsors of this event and all of the men former Tucker players as well.  Its a big deal. 

12 hours ago, Fred said:

Replica heck! It IS 1950's and has been that way forever.  They have done a great job making it a little more walkable and as SWD-1985 said there is some really good eating to be had.  Mathews is not fancy but oh my gosh it is good.  The fried chicken is to die for and portion sizes will choke a mule.  The yeast rolls make your mouth water and if you actually have room the deserts rank right up there as well.

Dang Fred, you sound like a Regular!

I told you they are former football players; they don't know how to serve small sizes.  The junior players fight to get jobs there because the eating is so good.  By the time they are seniors, they are running away from the place because Mr. Matthews works them like they are on the football field; but I must say the family has been one of the Tigers biggest supporters, even if just to provide employment for a few.

12 hours ago, ron169 said:

Do me a favor, have your visitor side boosters stock the concession stand a little heavy, and beef up the employment numbers. We are tired of breaking the stand by halftime.

LOL, ok.  I will pass the word on.  We heard of the Colquitt cries of folks not prepared to feed your many fans.

We have never heard of a concession stand running out of food, so this might be a little intimidating.