If MLK Jr. was alive today he.....

Nolebull813

14 minutes ago, concha said:

Republicans did not become politically dominant in the South until the 1990s.

You pointing to state politics is an obvious dodge that dishonest people usually lean on. There were remnants of old Democratic traditions in many southern states especially Arkansas and West Virginia.

But those are immaterial as those people voted for Republicans in national elections. The fact that they didn't uniformly start electing Republicans to state houses in the 1990s has nothing to do with the facts that I presented and does nothing to change history.

17 minutes ago, concha said:

1994.  THIRTY years on and finally seeing red competing:

480px-United_States_House_of_Representat

The 1994 Republican Revolution nationalized local races.

This is common knowledge.

Those voters always existed but still voted for the same local politicians that they had for generations.

Your point is immaterial to anything and is refuted by your own maps.

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The Klan was always conservative and if reconstituted would certainly be made-up of Republicans or their voters entirely.

Which is the point that you will dodge for the rest of time.

Still exist.

On 3k members.

Down from millions.

Who's dodging?

Just now, concha said:

Explain the House voting, Andy.

I did.

👇

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Those voters always existed but still voted for the same local politicians that they had for generations.

This is a typical concha dodge.

Denies one of the most researched and understood phenomenon in American history. 

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You pointing to state politics is an obvious dodge that dishonest people usually lean on. There were remnants of old Democratic traditions in many southern states especially Arkansas and West Virginia.

But those are immaterial as those people voted for Republicans in national elections. The fact that they didn't uniformly start electing Republicans to state houses in the 1990s has nothing to do with the facts that I presented and does nothing to change history.

giphy.gif

🤣

I pointed to FEDERAL elections for the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

Every map I posted.

YOU claimed these people switched parties right after the civil rights acts and the Republicans thus gained control of the South.

You are WRONG. 🤡

Just now, concha said:

I pointed to FEDERAL elections for the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

👇

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You will continue to dodge known history because it rightly describes your political ancestors as racists and segregationists.

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

My maps were for FEDERAL elections, Andy.

Not state and local.

🤡

🤣

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

👇

You will continue to dodge known history because it rightly describes your political ancestors as racists and segregationists.

This is HILARIOUS.

Andy makes a false claim.

I prove him wrong with literal election result maps.

He lies that my maps are for state/local elections.

And for his final act - after having his stupid ass handed to him - he sticks his tongue out and throws the race card.

This is pure comedy gold.

Poor Andy.

😂

Andy: "The important point is that after that vote, the no's became Republicans.

What political party ruled the red states after this vote for the foreseeable future? This is simply a fact of history and concha hates it."

Directly refuted by actual federal House of Representatives election results that show Republicans not taking over the majority of the SAME House seats for at least THREE DECADES:

Look at 1964 House election results:

480px-The_1966_House_Elections_in_the_Un

Now 1974 (Still overwhelmingly blue. TEN years on and where are all the Southern racists who ran to the Republicans?):

480px-1974_House_Elections_updated.png

Now 1984. Still lotsa blue...:

480px-1984_House_Elections_in_the_United

2004:

7 minutes ago, concha said:

This has already been thoroughly debunked.

👇

24 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

concha will continue to do this tap dance because he is utterly bereft of an argument against the factual record.

His political antecedents were Jim Crow southerners. It's not up for any kind of debate. 

He will assuredly try some other magic trick to avoid this topic.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

keep dodging.

House of Representatives elections are local.

You can't stay on the topic because you know you'll lose.

🤣

1. Andy's story was that the federal-level Democrats in the House in the early 60s who voted "No" on the FEDERAL civil rights acts became Republicans.
  2. I prove - using actual FEDERAL election results for the same FEDERAL House seats over the following 3 to 4 decades - that he is full of shit.
  3. He accuses ME of dodging.

Ladies and Gentlemen:  Andy the liar and dodger at his finest.

Just now, concha said:

1. Andy's story was that the federal-level Democrats in the House in the early 60s who voted "No" on the FEDERAL civil rights acts became Republicans.
  2. I prove - using actual FEDERAL election results for the same FEDERAL House seats over the following 3 to 4 decades - that he is full of shit.
  3. He accuses ME of dodging.

You didn't prove anything.

You just keep posting maps that are immaterial and have been thoroughly explained.

You won't touch anything that I actually said about those elections because you've got no argument.

Remember, everybody. This *never* happened!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

In American politics, the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans.[1][2][3] As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party. It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right.[4]

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

keep dodging.

House of Representatives elections are local.

You can't stay on the topic because you know you'll lose.

They represent the states at the FEDERAL level, Andy.

And they are the SAME House seat holders YOU said switched parties (a lie, proven). LMAO.

Andy will stoop to any level required with his lying, ducking and dodging.

I can marvel at this all day.

🤣

Richard Nixon's chief political strategist Kevin Phillips said:

"From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[1]"