Do you actually know anybody that is jobless?

HooverOutlaw

One could draw that conclusion but on the other hand part of the problem is that the vetting process has to be thorough... particularly here in Ca. The state is not pro business and the legal system really clogs the vetting apparatus. When inquiring a previous employer, we have found that they are very careful in what they say due to the fear of being sued.

4 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

One could draw that conclusion but on the other hand part of the problem is that the vetting process has to be thorough... particularly here in Ca. The state is not pro business and the legal system really clogs the vetting apparatus. When inquiring a previous employer, we have found that they are very careful in what they say due to the fear of being sued.

I saw California and didn't need to read any further. We have several openings at my job, but zero quality applicants. Such is life

5 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

There are places in GA that will hire you on the spot if you Have a clean Background History and can pass a drug test. 

Unfortunately weed had become a major issue out here. And in some states its not a problem but In GA weed is illegal without a doctor excuse or permission note. 

12 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

There are places in GA that will hire you on the spot if you Have a clean Background History and can pass a drug test. 

Unfortunately weed had become a major issue out here. And in some states its not a problem but In GA weed is illegal without a doctor excuse or permission note. 

California has a Lil weed problem. Lol. People apply for jobs and tell us they smoke weed but have a marijuana card and think it's ok. They don't understand I guess that majority, ifnt all major companies aren't going to hire you if you fail the drug test. With or without a medical marijuana card. 

On 8/6/2017 at 6:44 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Not talking about a bum who will not work. But some really looking for a job but can't find work?

I know nobody like that.  

Unless you can't pass a back ground check or pass a drug test there is tons of jobs to be had.

During the Barry administration, I was laid off TWICE! And NEVER found another line of employment in Augusta, Georgia metro, population 600,000! Employers began knowing me by my phone voice!

On 8/7/2017 at 3:27 PM, NorCalRuss said:

California has a Lil weed problem. Lol. People apply for jobs and tell us they smoke weed but have a marijuana card and think it's ok. They don't understand I guess that majority, ifnt all major companies aren't going to hire you if you fail the drug test. With or without a medical marijuana card. 

A friend of mine recently sold her five acre homestead and accompanying 1400 sq. ft. home, for a smidgen over $100,000 in Thomson, Ga!(home of former Oakland punter Ray Guy) And she moved back to her home state of Cali, where she found her a nice lil tent on the outskirts of Watts, for three times that amount! 

• Like 1