Jt Daniels transferring again the trinity league special

Ga96

45 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I like JT. He definitely has to stay healthy.

As far as his time at Georgia, I never understood how you win the starting job in the preseason, get injured, then never get a fair shot at getting back the position you appeared to have earned once you're healthy. Especially after the SEC championship game. 

I kind of don't blame him for transferring in a way. I would have really preferred he stayed and fought for the position again though. 

Best of luck to him.

JT loved being a Georgia Dawg. I’m glad he saw this process through. He will be better for it in any endeavor he chooses going forward. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

As far as his time at Georgia, I never understood how you win the starting job in the preseason, get injured, then never get a fair shot at getting back the position you appeared to have earned once you're healthy. Especially after the SEC championship game. 

I kind of don't blame him for transferring in a way. I would have really preferred he stayed and fought for the position again though. 

Best of luck to him.

Great post.  And you're right about JT's health.  That was his Achilles heel.  If he stays healthy, he holds the starting job all season...and UGA likely finishes undefeated.

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Best of luck to him.

Super Bowl champion QBs like Brady, Favre, Young, and Warner took starting roles as a result of injuries to who they were backing up. Hell, Wally Pipp sat out of a Yankee game with a headache and Lou Gehrig took his spot for the next 2000 games in a row.

Whether a player should lose a starting role due to injury has been debated over the years, and Daniels is now part of that topic. Seems to be a tough way to relinquish your spot, and I tend to side with the camp that doesn't think injury should be the reason a player loses their starting spot, but it certainly has happened.

I have no idea if Daniels will live up to his 5* billing or not, and have nothing against the guy personally. But he becomes a part of an easy target when people say things like "fuck Georgia" (they won the national championship) and "glad he saw this process through" (as opposed to leaving the team mid-season?) and "UGA likely finishes undefeated" if he had played all year (6th grade guessing game). And then to realize the people saying these things happened to have gone to his high school. Weird, I think.

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Best of luck to him.

Dance with the one that brought you.  I kind of get the issue with the SEC champ game but there were many other issues than just Stetson.  Alabama was better prepared.  In the title game, Georgia was better prepared.  Do you throw away a whole season of performance just to bring back a player that has no meaningful playing time all season for the title game?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fred said:

Dance with the one that brought you.  I kind of get the issue with the SEC champ game but there were many other issues than just Stetson.  Alabama was better prepared.  In the title game, Georgia was better prepared.  Do you throw away a whole season of performance just to bring back a player that has no meaningful playing time all season for the title game?

Correct.. out for a game or three then yeah.. but there is statute of limitations on that can't lose your job to injury shit.

22 hours ago, MD87 said:

Indeed.  Do I remember you saying it's Ole Miss for JT?

Yep. JT was on a zoom call with Kiffin & co yesterday. A final destination is not yet decided but if Dart goes to OU and Williams to SC, JT to Ole Miss is likely happen. They don’t feel solid with Altmyer at the helm. (Per Steve Daniels) I’ve also been told he’s been in contact with Washington, Wisconsin, and TCU. He’ll be fine. 2 more years of eligibility. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yep. JT was on a zoom call with Kiffin & co yesterday. A final destination is not yet decided but if Dart goes to OU and Williams to SC, JT to Ole Miss is likely happen. They don’t feel solid with Altmyer at the helm. (Per Steve Daniels) I’ve also been told he’s been in contact with Washington, Wisconsin, and TCU. He’ll be fine. 2 more years of eligibility. 

Thank you, sir.  Would love to see him in a TCU or Ole Miss offense.  

• Like 1