OOS Game of Year: West Monroe vs Florida Super Power South Broward, Week 5

RedZone

4 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

It obviously won't happen in 2022...but if 67 Packer can urge his contacts...perhaps Colquitt could matchup with West Monroe in 2023.  We'll probably have an opening when Lowndes opts out of the first game in Mack Tharpe.

I think that would be a damn good game...

Rufus>>

Colquitt would have to be ranked about 187 in Georgia for WM to consider them. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

It obviously won't happen in 2022...but if 67 Packer can urge his contacts...perhaps Colquitt could matchup with West Monroe in 2023.  We'll probably have an opening when Lowndes opts out of the first game in Mack Tharpe.

I think that would be a damn good game...

Rufus>>

We will be there to take up the bulk of ticket sales as usual. Talking about lowndes opting out while the packass have opted out of their entire program in recent years. Also you can't blame anyone for nit wanting to play in that dumpster fire 1A stadium. The packass should be happy Lowndes decides to come over in the first place.

9 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

We will be there to take up the bulk of ticket sales as usual. Talking about lowndes opting out while the packass have opted out of their entire program in recent years. Also you can't blame anyone for nit wanting to play in that dumpster fire 1A stadium. The packass should be happy Lowndes decides to come over in the first place.

Lowndes won't come.  They'll get the initial game in this year and then they'll opt out.

It's pretty much a given.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Funny how West Monroe won’t play any Texas teams. 

West Monroe has played Texas teams a bunch of times....last time was Lufkin in 2015. West Monroe played 3 OOS games that year.

19 West Monroe (LA)   team preview   trend Louisiana 5A District 2 5A 11-1 5-0 (1st) 6-1 45.9 28.5 79-61
WINS: #220 Madison Central (Madison, MS) (23-22), #784 Lufkin (TX) (44-36), #993 Franklinton (LA) (23-6), #1741 Ouachita Parish (Monroe, LA) (27-14), #2691 Ridgeway (Memphis, TN) (38-13), #2723 Ruston (LA) (28-14), #2744 Central (Baton Rouge, LA) (40-13), #3446 Alexandria (LA) (62-35), #4084 Natchitoches Central (Natchitoches, LA) (49-6), #5055 Wossman (Monroe, LA) (42-0), #6512 Pineville (LA) (59-0), LOSSES: #842 Ponchatoula (LA) (28-21)

Do you ever get anything right?

I think people want non bordering OOS games that are competitive. It doesn’t have to be ass backwards dramatic. JC vs SJC was what everyone knew it was. An ass whooping in exchange for sight seeing. I don’t think anyone hyped it for anything more.

Why can’t the desire be to have cool out of state games involving teams and states that don’t play often if at all, AND the games be even matchups? 

I can’t think of anyone on the board wanting to see wasted blowouts. In state or out.

I think you need to get some different game plans. Period. We all love cool out of state games. This game seems ok with me. 

I figure if your bud made it happen your song would be totally different.

If your bud didnt make the game its crap.

We all see the game you fuckers are at the past few years here. Find a new here if you dont appreciate out of state games! Go back to your local boards! Whatever all other shit we've read said.

Its an out of state game. What do you gain from being a douche about it? Aside from the obvious playbook we've learned already from you and your bud I mean. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Its an out of state game. What do you gain from being a douche about it? Aside from the obvious playbook we've learned already from you and your bud I mean

This game will make Jeff Fisher's site (HSFA)......he lists all the OOS games and there will be plenty that are worse than this one........and, I'm not so sure this is that terrible of a game. 

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think you need to get some different game plans. Period. We all love cool out of state games. This game seems ok with me. 

I figure if your bud made it happen your song would be totally different.

If your bud didnt make the game its crap.

We all see the game you fuckers are at the past few years here. Find a new here if you dont appreciate out of state games! Go back to your local boards! Whatever all other shit we've read said.

Its an out of state game. What do you gain from being a douche about it? Aside from the obvious playbook we've learned already from you and your bud I mean. 

I don’t care what games “my bud” helps create. He does dozens per year. Some will be great, some not so great. It’s no big deal. This game is no big deal. I realize there are thousands of OOS games per year. Only difference is most people don’t highlight the garbage obscure ones on a national board. Only this Red Zone clown seems to be the one who leads the country in highlighting shitty no name games. 

That’s what you’re missing. The fact that no one (other than him mainly) post irrelevant OOS games with teams no one heard of apart of a wasted blowout game. (Think Lake Placid vs John Curtis)

29 minutes ago, RedZone said:

West Monroe has played Texas teams a bunch of times....last time was Lufkin in 2015. West Monroe played 3 OOS games that year.

19 West Monroe (LA)   team preview   trend Louisiana 5A District 2 5A 11-1 5-0 (1st) 6-1 45.9 28.5 79-61
WINS: #220 Madison Central (Madison, MS) (23-22), #784 Lufkin (TX) (44-36), #993 Franklinton (LA) (23-6), #1741 Ouachita Parish (Monroe, LA) (27-14), #2691 Ridgeway (Memphis, TN) (38-13), #2723 Ruston (LA) (28-14), #2744 Central (Baton Rouge, LA) (40-13), #3446 Alexandria (LA) (62-35), #4084 Natchitoches Central (Natchitoches, LA) (49-6), #5055 Wossman (Monroe, LA) (42-0), #6512 Pineville (LA) (59-0), LOSSES: #842 Ponchatoula (LA) (28-21)

Do you ever get anything right?

7 years ago but they practically border East Texas. Lol. Man. I see why. Barely beat the 784th team by a miracle 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I don’t care what games “my bud” helps create. He does dozens per year. Some will be great, some not so great. It’s no big deal. This game is no big deal. I realize there are thousands of OOS games per year. Only difference is most people don’t highlight the garbage obscure ones on a national board. Only this Red Zone clown seems to be the one who leads the country in highlighting shitty no name games. 

That’s what you’re missing. The fact that no one (other than him mainly) post irrelevant OOS games with teams no one heard of apart of a wasted blowout game. (Think Lake Placid vs John Curtis)

Quit your constant crying and watch the game dude......I'm starting to feel real sorry for you and the abuse you've been taking....

Take a break......Sheesh!

Just now, RedZone said:

Quit your constant crying and watch the game dude......I'm starting to feel real sorry for you and the abuse you've been taking....

Take a break......Sheesh!

You shit a brick when you thought Warren Easton was gonna play Grayson GA. 

gave a concession speech and everything. You hate it when Louisiana plays teams with a pulse. That’s why you post these types of games 

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Funny how West Monroe won’t play any Texas teams. 

Guy...stop.

It's old.

A Louisiana team could be traveling to Washington State and you and Jersey guy would bitch about it.

We know the real reason....it's old.  Just let the kids play and enjoy the game.

Or repeat your annual Deerfield Beach over Zachary rant...but seriously.

• Like 2

As for the game itself.  It may be more competitive than people think it is.  It could a blowout...who knows?

WM isn't the West Monroe of old.  The Great West Monroe teams don't lose to Ouachita and Neville.

Last year was one of their worst in a while.  With that said..they SHOULD have beaten Zachary.

Who know with them anymore?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

You shit a brick when you thought Warren Easton was gonna play Grayson GA. 

gave a concession speech and everything. You hate it when Louisiana plays teams with a pulse. That’s why you post these types of games 

👇

On 3/24/2021 at 3:53 PM, RedZone said:

Why won't a 4A team from Georgia schedule Grayson? It doesn't matter though.

Warren Easton has had a couple good teams this decade, but they weren't all that last year (pandemic year)......didn't have quality win all year and lost to a (5-4) 5A team to boot.

It makes perfect sense that someone would want to match Warren Easton up with the #4 ranked team in the Nation from last year.  That's what it's all about.

We obviously roll a little differently on the Bayou....Easton will run some ATHs out there (they have some) and might score a TD vs Grayson, might not.

Mind boggling...

@HawgGoneItthis one’s bad… like eyesore bad.  South Broward is near me.  
This Is one weird matchup.  

Have a gander at the 5 year dynasty placement of S Broward.  You’ll notice in one column the group of powerhouses on the list are a whopping 2-39 vs top 1000 opponents.  S Broward is 1-8 in the last 5 years, 

It gets better… have a look at S Broward’s record vs top 7000 teams the column over to the right.   None of the teams have a winning record vs top 7000 rated teams.  

I dig OOS games… no doubt.  But this game is just silly.  

FD13DDA9-6F7C-4934-91CE-9D6DE9FA86BC.jpeg

77AAD390-2F9B-47C6-A158-7F97B44E7626.jpeg

32B60838-1504-494A-92D6-6436A16C3496.jpeg

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

@HawgGoneItthis one’s bad… like eyesore bad.  South Broward is near me.  
This Is one weird matchup.  

Have a gander at the 5 year dynasty placement of S Broward.  You’ll notice in one column the group of powerhouses on the list are a whopping 2-39 vs top 1000 opponents.  S Broward is 1-8 in the last 5 years, 

It gets better… have a look at S Broward’s record vs top 7000 teams the column over to the right.   None of the teams have a winning record vs top 7000 rated teams.  

I dig OOS games… no doubt.  But this game is just silly.  

FD13DDA9-6F7C-4934-91CE-9D6DE9FA86BC.jpeg

77AAD390-2F9B-47C6-A158-7F97B44E7626.jpeg

32B60838-1504-494A-92D6-6436A16C3496.jpeg

It can be bad. Johns Creek vs St. Johns DC was horrific. 

Guess who wasn't screeching how crappy that game was? I bet you'd never guess that same person was all about how great it was for the kids from Johns Creek to get to do some sight seeing and whatever. 

I could really give a shit less whether South Broward goes and gets skull dented. Its the who and why it seems to be such a big deal. Its an out of state game. West Monroe hasn't been great of late either. 

If Nole's homie matched West Monroe vs. SFA or SJC it would be him gobbling on some cock about how great it is for West Monroes kids. 

Understand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Guess who wasn't screeching how crappy that game was? I bet you'd never guess that same person was all about how great it was for the kids from Johns Creek to get to do some sight seeing and whatever. 

I could really give a shit less whether South Broward goes and gets skull dented. Its the who and why it seems to be such a big deal. Its an out of state game. West Monroe hasn't been great of late either. 

If Nole's homie matched West Monroe vs. SFA or SJC it would be him gobbling on some cock about how great it is for West Monroes kids. 

Understand?

Few years back (2009) Texas power Longview scheduled our #204 team who was 0-10 and #9493 nationally the year before. lol

204 Natchitoches Central (Natchitoches, LA) Louisiana 5A District 1 5A 0-10 0-8 (9th) 0-8 0.2 27.4 67-45
WINS: none, LOSSES: #50 West Monroe (LA) (42-7), #323 Ouachita Parish (Monroe, LA) (38-6), #479 Ruston (LA) (54-0), #587 Byrd [C. E.] (Shreveport, LA) (35-6), #1938 Leesville (LA) (62-0), #2243 Airline (Bossier City, LA) (48-14), #3542 Huntington (Shreveport, LA) (54-41), #3825 Captain Shreve (Shreveport, LA) (48-8), #7534 Minden (LA) (30-21), #8637 Southwood (Shreveport, LA) (24-14)

Longview #4 in Texas

4 Longview (TX) Texas 4A Region II District 13 4A 13-3 6-0 (1st) 11-1 71.5 48.2 143-61
WINS: #27 Sulphur Springs (TX) (32-13), #37 Midway (Waco, TX) (43-42), #84 Texas (Texarkana, TX) (41-7), #197 Guyer [John H.] (Denton, TX) (41-30), #267 Lee [Robert E.] (Tyler, TX) (21-0), #287 Carter [David W.] (Dallas, TX) (35-20), #344 Lufkin (TX) (45-37), #544 Lancaster (TX) (49-22), #577 Marshall (TX) (50-21), #723 Hallsville (TX) (21-7), #1635 Mt. Pleasant (TX) (51-7), #1733 Jacksonville (TX) (61-14), #2471 Pine Tree (Longview, TX) (41-14), LOSSES: #2 Allen (TX) (21-7), #4 Lake Travis (Austin, TX) (48-23), #231 Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport, LA) (forfeit)

Anyways, Longview won the game 54-14 and was #4 in Texas again. Nat  Central was 1-9 #151 in Louisiana.

4 Longview (TX) Texas 4A Region II District 13 4A 14-2 6-0 (1st) 11-1 73.5 45.2 122-72
WINS: #27 Allen (TX) (28-25), #58 Guyer [John H.] (Denton, TX) (49-28), #61 Waxahachie (TX) (50-26), #134 Lee [Robert E.] (Tyler, TX) (31-7), #157 Marshall (TX) (47-30), #203 Smith [Newman] (Carrollton, TX) (28-25), #278 Midway (Waco, TX) (14-13), #285 Texas (Texarkana, TX) (28-25), #369 Sulphur Springs (TX) (45-0), #1751 Hallsville (TX) (45-0), #1949 Whitehouse (TX) (52-9), #2849 Mt. Pleasant (TX) (44-0), #5174 Pine Tree (Longview, TX) (56-7), #7036 Natchitoches Central (Natchitoches, LA) (48-0), LOSSES: #7 Lake Travis (Austin, TX) (24-17), #137 Lufkin (TX) (28-14)

151 Natchitoches Central (Natchitoches, LA) Louisiana 5A District 1 5A 1-9 1-6 (t 7th) 1-6 11.1 29.3 75-44
WINS: #8065 Pineville (LA) (19-3), LOSSES: #10 Longview (TX) (48-0), #11 West Monroe (LA) (56-7), #719 Ouachita Parish (Monroe, LA) (48-0), #2254 Airline (Bossier City, LA) (10-0), #2478 Benton (LA) (28-21), #2902 DeRidder (LA) (33-9), #2960 Captain Shreve (Shreveport, LA) (31-13), #3761 Byrd [C. E.] (Shreveport, LA) (51-7), #4456 Southwood (Shreveport, LA) (24-12)

I love seeing the Florida girls losing it and I'm not too interested in anything they have to say.

South Broward at least won 8 games this past year.

Oh well, enough of the girls!

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Understand?

You are a liar and make it look easy 

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Understand?

Sure it can be bad and it is.  

I won’t lose sleep over it, nor do I give a shit what Nole thinks (no offense lol).  

It’s a head scratcher why these games get done, but to highlight it is embarrassing.  Simply put.  

• Like 1

@HawgGoneIt These were my responses about Johns Creek and SJC. I said this game was like Pine Ridge FL vs Ware County. Which was a huge mismatch that ended up being 62-0. That’s what I compared it to. Then I said at least they get to go to a great city as consolation to getting destroyed. And then I joked saying if I was from Georgia I would have never seen a mismatch this big. Lol. I never hyped this mismatch up 

EF22F59B-393C-4DAD-B708-118607460732.jpeg

C5129718-F282-4745-B50F-8752FD599B12.jpeg

• RedZone changed the title to OOS Game of Year: West Monroe vs Florida Super Power South Broward, Week 5