Prime Time lands another for JSU

Ga96

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

If you didn’t call this and see this happening with HBCUs and recruits, which you didn’t,  then you don’t know what the hell is going on. Just babbling and being butthurt, like others,  b/c these kids turned down PWIs.  😂 

They'll be alright its really incomprehensible for them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Colonel said:

Horsefly, was Sanders truly embraced by high school football fans in TX?  I’m curious of what your opinion is of his reputation back then. I know he was private school, but I tried to follow his success/progress there, and it seemed like only a few articles were written about him when he first started coaching, and not much hype after a while. 

No he was not embraced, he was mocked especially when he had his charter school Prime Prep Academy.  

Sanders may or may not be successful at a higher level. A lot would depend on his ability to hire a strong staff and to stay out of their way. That’s easier said than done.

The premise isn’t about that though. It’s about him being a sell out for going to a bigger place for more money. 

It’s funny. I haven’t seen any of you in the past talking about sending kids to HBCUs. @Ga96 who are you sending there? Brown would’ve been a great prospect for an HBCU, but I guess he sold out to go to Miami. 

Yea, sanders leaving Jackson St is inevitable…….sooner than later. Can’t wait to the the haters call him a sell out when he does. My guess is they’ll be back in his nuts at his next stop. 

Just a guess though. 

On 1/8/2022 at 3:14 PM, Horsefly said:

It would be disappointing if he turned out to be a sellout. But we’ll see. 

So accepting a P5 job at a major program would be a "sellout"? Why?

Id love to see what he could do at a SEC school, or rebuild Florida State.

Maybe he doesnt define his lifes ambitions based on race.

9 minutes ago, rockinl said:

So accepting a P5 job at a major program would be a "sellout"? Why?

Id love to see what he could do at a SEC school.

Because he’s stated why he chose to go to a HBCU and it wasn’t to just win a swac championship. He called it his “calling” to helping the black community, elevating HBCUs and black athletes in this role. To abandon those principles for simply a bigger payout is selling out to those stated values

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Because he’s stated why he chose to go to a HBCU and it wasn’t to just win a swac championship. He called it his “calling” to helping the black community and athletes in this role. To abandon those principles for a bigger payout is selling out to those stated values

Im not sure he'd be doing it solely for a bigger payout. I think he is a driven person who would love to be the next Nick Saban. And yes, a lot of $$$ goes with that. Good for him for being ambitious. 

Jeez man, does everything have to be about saving the "black community"?? How abow them saving themselves for a change?

38 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Im not sure he'd be doing it solely for a bigger payout. I think he is a driven person who would love to be the next Nick Saban. And yes, a lot of $$$ goes with that. Good for him for being ambitious. 

Jeez man, does everything have to be about saving the "black community"?? How abow them saving themselves for a change?

that’s what I was responding to, the notion that he would be bought out by bigger schools to basically shutdown his current level of recruiting and that he would jump at the bigger payout 

if he’s a part of the black community what is it to others how he gives back or commits to doing so?  He most definitely can be a part of the “saving themselves” as you put it … he is us. 

other blacks have not made that commitment or won’t and that’s fine.