Colquitt County makes a huge hire ....

67packer

13 minutes ago, 67packer said:

I hope he'll make an attempt to get Sutton and Bennett to come join him. Also I heard that Rowell who was our DC back then was let go at Georgia Southern and could be interested in coming back.

Wouldn't that be sweet! It would almost be like getting the old gang back together. 

The kids loved to play for Sutton. He had our S&C on point, as well as our special teams. Rowell definitely had a good defense too. No doubt Joey is the best O-line coach we've seen, maybe ever, here. Hanson isn't bad at O-line though. I do think the kids love him. 

Scenario: Joey comes as the OC, Rowell as the DC, Sutton as S&C and assisstant HC/special teams. Clean out most to all of the position guys. Would like to see Hill stay. Maybe Hanson. Gotta get back to work in the 9th grade. Maybe Woodall comes back now Justin is gone. I like some of the position guys down there I just think we lost focus on the importance of development with so much else to try staying on top of. There wasn't enough time in Justin's day, because he wouldn't stretch the day. 

Alas, it's Sean Calhoun's wagon to hitch up to now. We'll see which way he goes. I'm down to support him just like always. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Wouldn't that be sweet! It would almost be like getting the old gang back together. 

The kids loved to play for Sutton. He had our S&C on point, as well as our special teams. Rowell definitely had a good defense too. No doubt Joey is the best O-line coach we've seen, maybe ever, here. Hanson isn't bad at O-line though. I do think the kids love him. 

Scenario: Joey comes as the OC, Rowell as the DC, Sutton as S&C and assisstant HC/special teams. Clean out most to all of the position guys. Would like to see Hill stay. Maybe Hanson. Gotta get back to work in the 9th grade. Maybe Woodall comes back now Justin is gone. I like some of the position guys down there I just think we lost focus on the importance of development with so much else to try staying on top of. There wasn't enough time in Justin's day, because he wouldn't stretch the day. 

Alas, it's Sean Calhoun's wagon to hitch up to now. We'll see which way he goes. I'm down to support him just like always. 

Yall better get fraudemaker out of the program.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Sutton wants to come back. Andy talked to him recently and said he'd love to come back. Rowell is interested as well. Don't know about Sutton.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 67packer said:

I meant Bennett but he did work for Calhoun at Carrolton.

Bennett loved it here. He was just stuck as the O-line coach and couldn't see much upward movement. He's had a taste of being an OC now, so, I wouldn't expect him to drop back down really. He and Sutton make a good team, along with Calhoun. That's a solid core. 

He also worked with Sutton in Alabama as O-line coach while Sutton was OC. When Sutton left to come to Valdosta with Rush Joey moved upward to OC. Maybe thats at Clay-Chalkville. Can't 100 percent remember.

• Like 1

All I know, is, we need to get back to being great at adjusting to what players we have on both offense and defense, scheme wise. 

You can't bang square pegs into round holes. 

Also making adjustments on the fly has been lacking. Need to get back to that also. If your game plan isn't working, don't throw your hands in the air or bend over hands on knees. That was one of the hardest things for me to watch with the prior staff. It's like they'd just give up. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

All I know, is, we need to get back to being great at adjusting to what players we have on both offense and defense, scheme wise. 

Also making adjustments on the fly has been lacking. Need to get back to that also. If your game plan isn't working, don't throw your hands in the air or bend over hands on knees. That was one of the hardest things for me to watch with the prior staff. It's like they'd just give up. 

Agree whole heartly. And get those boys back in the weight room and doing agility drills.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

All I know is yall had 1 job and that was to get slack back at Lowndes. Can't depend on the packass for nothing. 

Im waiting on somebody on the defensive side to realize the 3 man front isn't working and our DBs are just extra bodies on the field. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ron169 said:

Polite better not be going anywhere at DB coach

He literally told us after the Lowndes game that his kids were just ready for it to be over. Idk about yall, but that aint screaming great coaching job at me. 

It actually pissed me right smooth off. 

Between that and talking out of both sides of his face. Smiling and shit at the athletic dept. and then easing off to northwest and saying he's telling Justin stuff and Justin wont listen. Yeah. Not super hyped about him anymore. 

Yeah idgaf, I'll call them out for their bullshit. We had a lot of problems in there that many weren't seeing. 

Seems he has a lifetime appointment here though. Lol. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He literally told us after the Lowndes game that his kids were just ready for it to be over. Idk about yall, but that aint screaming great coaching job at me. 

Between that and talking out of both sides of his face. Smiling and shit at the athletic dept. and then easing off to northwest and saying he's telling Justin stuff and Justin wont listen. Yeah. Not super hyped about him anymore. 

Yeah idgaf, I'll call them out for their bullshit. We had a lot of problems in there that many weren't seeing. 

Yep!

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I’m sure they may be someone left worth keeping but I’m mostly with Rufus that a housecleaning is in order. I also realize there’s that 1 that’s a permanent fixture.  This hire might could pull Bull back from the south. I’d love to have his energy around the team.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 67packer said:

I’m sure they may be someone left worth keeping but I’m mostly with Rufus that a housecleaning is in order. I also realize there’s that 1 that’s a permanent fixture.  This hire might could pull Bull back from the south. I’d love to have his energy around the team.

Im really with yall on that. Clean slate. That was my thought after the Lowndes loss.  Everyone below Funderburke down. Except the new hire of course. 

I do like Dextra. I just know some shit was happening with him that was detrimental to the program as a whole. Simply can't be undermining the head coach and eroding fan support from northwest Moultrie. That's literally one of the most important cogs to the program. I understand folks were wanting to get Justin gone, but, as a coach, on his staff? Come on now. 

Let him stay coaching track and whatever all else. He needs a good scare so that "smug and comfy" shit is over with, if he isn't tossed with the rest. 

In all honesty, I figure we'll end up having a few stay on though. Just seems easier when there aren't as many spots to fill. 

I'm literally on the clean house train though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

All I know is yall had 1 job and that was to get slack back at Lowndes. Can't depend on the packass for nothing. 

Im waiting on somebody on the defensive side to realize the 3 man front isn't working and our DBs are just extra bodies on the field. 

A three man front ONLY works if you have beef on the line. It irks me to the nth degree when I see teams with small ass D-linemen trying to run a 3 man front. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt's 2022 schedule 

469950496_Resized_Screenshot_20220106-103236_Facebook_resized_20220106-1034132.thumb.jpg.d38fcd649554b6628b07208932d1eedf.jpg

If I got this right...Colquitt plays...

(1) 6A Florida team

(1) 8A Florida team

(1) 3A Georgia team

(1) 5A Georgia team

(2) 6A Georgia teams

(4) 7A Georgia teams (Region)

That durn Justin.

This is gonna piss my pal...67 Packer...off.

Rufus>>