Max Preps 2021 All America Team

Sammyswordsman

5 hours ago, OldTerrapin said:

Well a factory builds/manufactures things. Schools bringing in top level talent is not really building them so I hate the term football factory. Diploma Mill is a good term.. lol

This is the only football factory I know of but it takes certain ingredients to make football players

Female Reproductive System | BioNinja

In one of Nick Bosa’s final HS games prior to injury, I asked his mom Cheryl Bosa, if she had any more sons.  :)  

Quite a talented family of players… with even a mob angle.  

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Horsefly said:

it’s amazing how a school like MD can have only ~ 65 black students on the campus and most of those end up being FB players. (Number wise it’s a safe bet that almost every black male at MD is an athlete of some type) … But you all don’t recruit.  

How is it amazing that MD "only" has 65 Black students (3% of its student population) when African Americans only make up 1.7% of Orange County's population?   

And who cares if the majority of Black male students play football at MD?  As I'm sure you've noticed, African Americans are significantly overrepresented in some pro sports (football and basketball) vis a vis their representation in the general population, but significantly underrepresented in others (cross country, baseball, soccer, hockey, etc).  Football teams are huge, too, compared to other high school sports teams.  So it shouldn't come as any surprise that the majority of male Black students at MD play football, when taking into account their significant overrepresentation in that sport professionally, and the higher number of participants on a football team than (all?) other sports on campus.  Also, it should be noted that HALF of Mater Dei's students participate in athletics.

Is it also "amazing" that MD's Hispanic population is "only" 32% (which, is exactly what the county percentage is), but makes up almost 60% of its soccer team?   Or that MD is "only" 48% White (just 4 percentage points higher than the county average), but its golf team is 78% White?

Bottom line: Who cares?

1 hour ago, MD87 said:

How is it amazing that MD "only" has 65 Black students (3% of its student population) when African Americans only make up 1.7% of Orange County's population?   

And who cares if the majority of Black male students play football at MD?  As I'm sure you've noticed, African Americans are significantly overrepresented in some pro sports (football and basketball) vis a vis their representation in the general population, but significantly underrepresented in others (cross country, baseball, soccer, hockey, etc).  Football teams are huge, too, compared to other high school sports teams.  So it shouldn't come as any surprise that the majority of male Black students at MD play football, when taking into account their significant overrepresentation in that sport professionally, and the higher number of participants on a football team than (all?) other sports on campus.  Also, it should be noted that HALF of Mater Dei's students participate in athletics.

Is it also "amazing" that MD's Hispanic population is "only" 32% (which, is exactly what the county percentage is), but makes up almost 60% of its soccer team?   Or that MD is "only" 48% White (just 4 percentage points higher than the county average), but its golf team is 78% White?

It’s not amazing genius that you only have 65 black students (total coed #) , but it is amazing that the majority of those that are black males are all athletes. (MD FB is about 30% black) red flag of exploitation, pure and simple. MD doesn’t give a damn about the black non athlete who may be talented in STEM, 100% of their effort is bringing in the black football player.  

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

It’s not amazing genius that you only have 65 black students (total coed #) , but it is amazing that the majority of those that are black males are all athletes. (MD FB is about 30% black) red flag of exploitation, pure and simple. MD doesn’t give a damn about the black non athlete who may be talented in STEM, 100% of their effort is bringing in the black football player.  

This is all stupid and embarrassing.

Every word of it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MD87 said:

I don't think anyone really cares all that much about mater dei nationally especially the NFL 

That said. Can you explain the 99.7 increase in D1 football athletes at mater dei the last 5 or 6 years?

What happened? Get a couple new Soloflex's or something?  LMAO

What Mater Dei is doing right now with football has been done before in the past, but like most everything it has risen to the next level. Don Bosco Prep dominated 10 years ago, somehow landing 4 seniors on the Army All America team, which didn't include their best player who was only a sophomore. They were the It program at the time, which meant something changed with the athletes they were getting for football. Maybe DBP was the best place for those kids to go to school, which then became Paramus Catholic, and then St. Joseph Regional, and now Bergen Catholic. Somehow, these Catholic schools take turns being the best place for kids who are not Catholic at a rate inconsistent with the general student population.

I think Mater Dei is doing it more impressively than has been done in the past, but will not be surprised if the increased number of supporters on here that has coincided with the increased success the football team has enjoyed of late, end up in 10 years muddling around with those same DBP guys on the OT forum. I will be very surprised if the Mater Dei dominance continues for 10 years. They could remain elite, like STA has done, but I don't think as out-of-this-world as they are now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Your posting activity says otherwise.

That's not true either, but maybe you can make someone believe it if you try hard enough.

My posting activity indicates I am a Louisiana homer! 😀

You know as well as I that back in the day no one ever talked about mater dei on the national forums. 

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That's not true either,

After saying you don't care you proceeded to....

👇

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

I don't think anyone really cares all that much about mater dei nationally especially the NFL 

That said. Can you explain the 99.7 increase in D1 football athletes at mater dei the last 5 or 6 years?

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The topic is the 2021 MaxPreps All-American team.

....the topic was.

"Trinity League with 6 picks.  Which is more than the entire state of Georgia."

Then Florida got hit by a mater dei homer....I then chime in about Louisiana not having a 1st team selection. Bogus by the way.

On 1/6/2022 at 2:12 AM, Horsefly said:

it’s amazing how a school like MD can have only ~ 65 black students on the campus and most of those end up being FB players. (Number wise it’s a safe bet that almost every black male at MD is an athlete of some type) … But you all don’t recruit.  😂

No..no..no...   NO recruiting at all going on at Mater Dei.   Those kids aren't on any type of funded athletic scholarships,  staying at other families homes to be a Mater Dei, nothing like that.   All those D1 mostly power-five recruits on Mater Dei just come there and pay their on dime.

Just... it wasn't that way at Mater Dei that long ago.  Ha-ha

11 hours ago, RedZone said:

That's not true either, but maybe you can make someone believe it if you try hard enough.

My posting activity indicates I am a Louisiana homer! 😀

You know as well as I that back in the day no one ever talked about mater dei on the national forums. 

Recruiting a lot of the Top Tier talent in your region to come play sports at your Private school (Mater Dei) can do wonders for you.