NOLA Saints need to beat the Dirty Birds, Rams need to beat NIners.....

RedZone

15 hours ago, Cossacks said:

They have been hammered with injuries. But their quarterback play is what has kept them back. Jimmy G hadn’t shown he couldn’t beat you in a big moment. Shanahan has gotten so creative in even the running game for it to be as successful as it has been because teams did not fear Jimmy G beating them.

Maybe today he took that next step with that last minute drive. I was so waiting for him to air mail a high pass over the middle behind his receiver for the pick on that drive. Lance is their future, but I think they can beat Dallas next week anything beyond that would be icing.

Yesterday's game was eerily similar to the niner-packer game earlier in season. Garoppolo led a a last minute drive down the field in that one also, scoring with 38 sec left. Unfortunately that was too much time left for Rodgers. Jimmy G has been hurt twice during the season, which interrupts the progress in thier offense. They are getting a little healthy here , but it may be to late to get a SB run. TB won 3 games on road last season , but G is no Brady, but pretty good none the same . If they can get a couple of starters back in their secondary , this team is dangerous. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Yesterday's game was eerily similar to the niner-packer game earlier in season. Garoppolo led a a last minute drive down the field in that one also, scoring with 38 sec left. Unfortunately that was too much time left for Rodgers. Jimmy G has been hurt twice during the season, which interrupts the progress in thier offense. They are getting a little healthy here , but it may be to late to get a SB run. TB won 3 games on road last season , but G is no Brady, but pretty good none the same . If they can get a couple of starters back in their secondary , this team is dangerous. 

They are dangerous right now. I think they get by Dallas, but the run ends there. Yes their secondary has been beleaguered and has been atrocious. That will be an Achilles in the playoffs.

No matter what they do, I would hope this will be Jimmy G’s last run in a Niner uniform. Time to move to the future and that would be Lance at this point.

11 hours ago, Cossacks said:

They are dangerous right now. I think they get by Dallas, but the run ends there. Yes their secondary has been beleaguered and has been atrocious. That will be an Achilles in the playoffs.

No matter what they do, I would hope this will be Jimmy G’s last run in a Niner uniform. Time to move to the future and that would be Lance at this point.

If Jimmy G could ever stay healthy, I think he is a good, solid  qb , though not great He is still young as far as career starts go. He's still learning and getting more confidence as he plays more. I agree with you that he probably will be released . The shame of that is the niners have invested a lot in him, and he will be a good qb for someone else . I think Lance will be a good one also. But who knows how long is the learning curve for him. The niners have a team now, and those opportunities for a chance at a super bowl don't come around often . Question is, will the niners be better with the O next season with Lance vs a healthy G ?