Cincinnati would be a 7-5 SEC team at best.

HooverOutlaw

Just now, Bormio said:

Most teams can’t beat Bama.  But when he is winning 1/2 the titles, the field ain’t doing its job

The playoffs also need to expand... 

I stand by what I said... 

Power 5 Champs are Autolocks and 3 At larges... which can be from Any conference... 

Cincinnati wasn't even bad... 

They where just outmanned... 

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Alabama can be beaten, by those not beaten walking on the field.  OSU did it, Clemson twice, LSU did it.

OSU will hopefully have a very good chance next season assuming Knowles can get them back to being a defensive power. They have the talent in spades. The offense will have plenty of talent back (silly talent, in fact).

But this the thing, the list of teams that can challenge Bama athletically in any given year is very, very short.

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

No team has ever won a NC I believe in the playoff era without a top 5 recruiting class.  That pretty much eliminates all but 10-12 programs 

You can shoot me later... 

But had Taggert stayed at Oregon I believe they would've had one.... 

He built Oregon up and was doing a Damn good job then he left for FSU and that was a mistake... 

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You can shoot me later... 

But had Taggert stayed at Oregon I believe they would've had one.... 

He built Oregon up and was doing a Damn good job then he left for FSU and that was a mistake... 

Actually we’d like to shoot you now

• Haha 1

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The playoffs also need to expand... 

I stand by what I said... 

Power 5 Champs are Autolocks and 3 At larges... which can be from Any conference... 

Cincinnati wasn't even bad... 

They where just outmanned... 

I wouldn't even say P5 champs are locks.  

Expand to 8 or 12.

You'll likely have at least three or four P5 champions in that list.  We need to recognize that not all conferences are the same.  The SEC is (a top-heavy) king. In a field of 12 teams they probably deserve at least 2 and as many as 4 spots. For the B1G shave one off that. The other P5s are lucky to merit more than one in a typical year. The G5s will be lucky to get one now that the B12 is absorbing several of their best.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

5 teams in the NFL have won 1/2 the Super Bowls.  Nature of sports

This has nothing to do with what we're talking about. The NFL since FA started gives every team an equal opportunity. 

College football, after signing day,  you know who the top teams will be in the coming years

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

This has nothing to do with what we're talking about. The NFL since FA started gives every team an equal opportunity. 

College football, after signing day,  you know who the top teams will be in the coming years

And the teams with a great coach and/or a great QB benefit.  Patriots feasted during FA.  The 80’s had 4 great NFC teams:  Niners, Giants, Bears and Skins

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

The system promotes concentration of talent amongst the "already haves".

Playoff expansion will help a little with that.

Just now, Bormio said:

And the teams with a great coach and/or a great QB benefit.  Patriots feasted during FA.  The 80’s had 4 great NFC teams:  Niners, Giants, Bears and Skins

But every team in the NFL has the same opportunity. If someone coaches at Arkansas do they have the same opportunity as someone who coaches at Ohio State

Just now, steeler01 said:

But every team in the NFL has the same opportunity. If someone coaches at Arkansas do they have the same opportunity as someone who coaches at Ohio State

But that is only in theory.  Brady and Belichick ruled every year and teams could do little about it.  Catch a draft break and set for 20 years.

Just now, Bormio said:

But that is only in theory.  Brady and Belichick ruled every year and teams could do little about it.  Catch a draft break and set for 20 years.

They won 6 super bowls in 19 years. Once again, no team has won a NC without a top 8(looked it up) recruiting class in the playoff era.  0 for 8(I'm including this year now)

Just now, steeler01 said:

I have no problem with the current system,  but I'm just parroting what Conch is saying and he's right.  The concentration of talent only allows a handful of teams to compete for the NC

Give everyone the same amount of money and in 5 years 20% are destitute, 75% are OK and 5% are on their yacht in the Greek Isles

13 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

They won 6 super bowls in 19 years. Once again, no team has won a NC without a top 8(looked it up) recruiting class in the playoff era.  0 for 8(I'm including this year now)

And it's not just one class that matters.

Bama, Ohio State, Georgia... the rest of the usual suspects...

You don't count their 4* and 5* kids on two hands or even throwing in your toes.

These teams have SCORES of 4* and 5* kids.

Look at Ohio State's receiving corps as an example.

Had Jameson Williams stayed, their first four WRs would ALL be first-round caliber kids (JSN, Wilson, Olave, Williams) and the three kids behind them would include two 5* kids and a 4* (Fleming, Egbuka, Harrison).

That's effing crazy.

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I never said they weren't the premier team but they're nowhere near what Bama has done at the college level

Bama has won 6 of the last 11 titles

They've played in 8 of the last 12(counting this year)

Who the hell is going to want to take over at Bama when the Evil Emperor retires?