Which Metro Area Has the Richest Talent?

OldCoach

11 hours ago, OldCoach said:

For question #1, correct?

And btw, New Orleans is not on the list.  Fortunately, there is nobody from Louisiana on here or they might get upset you thinking Baton Rouge and New Orleans are the same.🙂

Ah, well if New Orleans is not to be combined with BR, replace them with Dallas in my list.

24 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Interesting you went with Baton Rouge rather than New Orleans, though maybe they are combined. 

Without looking it up, I'd say Miami-FL; L.A.;  Houston; NoLa/BR and Atlanta. For sure Baton Rouge will be at the top in per capita, but it's also the smallest city here. 

BR and NO are considered separate metro areas.  BR for sure?  maybe, or maybe not🙂

Map of the 19 core-based statistical areas in Louisiana.

35 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Ah, well if New Orleans is not to be combined with BR, replace them with Dallas in my list.

badrouter got all 5 for question #1, but not in the right order.  His order is below.  

1. Miami

2. LA

3. Houston

4. Dallas

5. Atlanta

Let's see if someone can get the right order.  Several different people have put Miami metro as #1.  It is not.  In fact, it's not even close.    

2 of the metro areas listed above are also amongst the 5 metro areas for question #2.      

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OldCoach said:

badrouter got all 5 for question #1, but not in the right order.  His order is below.  

1. Miami

2. LA

3. Houston

4. Dallas

5. Atlanta

Let's see if someone can get the right order.  Several different people have put Miami metro as #1.  It is not.  In fact, it's not even close.    

2 of the metro areas listed above are also amongst the 5 metro areas for question #2.      

Sheer quantity it's probably L.A. and Houston at the top. Miami has the edge per capita on those, but I know some places in the South (LA., MS) have them beat per capita.

Is this OldSchoolLion? 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 9:05 PM, badrouter said:

Sheer quantity it's probably L.A. and Houston at the top. Miami has the edge per capita on those, but I know some places in the South (LA., MS) have them beat per capita.

Is this OldSchoolLion? 

That's some great logic and you are on the right track.  BTW-I've heard so many people over the years about where the best talent is, I thought it would be fun to put some numbers behind it.  Not sure who/what that is. 

Which metro areas produce the most 4 and 5-star hs talent?  Los Angeles is #1 this year.  And LA did it last year, too.

Who is #2-5 below?  Choices are Atlanta, Dallas/Ft Worth, Houston, Miami/Fort Lauderdale 

#1 Los Angeles

#2 ???

#3 ???

#4 ???

#5 ???

#6 Orlando

#7 (tie) Detroit and St Louis

#9 (tie) Charlotte, Tampa, Seattle

#12 Phoenix, Birmingham, Cleveland

#15 Baton Rouge

Which 5 metro areas produce the most 4 and 5-star talent per capita

Who is #1-5 below?  Choices are Atlanta, Baton Rouge, Birmingham, Baton Rouge, Dallas/Ft Worth, Orlando 

#1 ???

#2 ???

#3 ???

#4 ???

#5 ???

#6(tie) Cleveland and St Louis

#8 Charlotte

#9 Houston

#10 Miami/Fort Lauderdale

#11 Tampa

#12 Los Angeles

#13 Detroit