Jesuit 35, Pine Forest 29 F

badrouter

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Imagine you're only argument being COVID.

If there was no COVID STA would plausibly be 45-0 over the last three years and these clowns would be talking about strength of schedule.

Instead they're latching on to Jesuit.

Well you lost to Jesuit. I’ve already said this board would go nuts if MD lost to Jesuit. Of course, MD didn’t lose to Jesuit. Or anybody much better than Jesuit but it is what it is. 

How would Jesuit do against duncanville in Texas?

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

You love hypotheticals because we all know, in reality, that Mater Dei can be boat-raced. 

Yeah, just not by Aquinas. Or img, or Frances, or Gorman, or the centennial AZ team that beat Aquinas. But hey can I use the unusual circumstances joke of an excuse now? That MD Bosco game was rescheduled due to weather. The boys must’ve just not been ready to play. Unusual circumstances! Can’t use that against us! Doesn’t count! 🤣

AD0EB189-010C-43A3-A2C4-E049095D7728.gif

14 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Exactly.  Now we don't need to hear about:

a.  last minute game

b.  4 hour drive

c.  Sub optimal weather

d. Other weird one off voodoo things

STA just flat out lost to a better team.

You weren't saying this back when STA beat SJB... 

It's strange how the only teams that get approved  excuses are the Trinity schools....

7 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yeah, just not by Aquinas. Or img, or Frances, or Gorman, or the centennial AZ team that beat Aquinas.

No need to remind us that you're living in a fantasy world of hypotheticals. Notice that STA is the only one that Mater Dei hasn't actually played.

I shouldn't have to remind you that they didn't play the same Centennial team that STA did.

But I can turn this around on you quick.

Watch.

But Mater Dei *can* be boat-raced by the St. John Bosco team that STA beat. So therefore STA could do the same.

See how that works?

LOL. 

Let's admit a few things:

1. MD is probably the best team this year, but we don't really know.

2. STA is probably the second best team this year, but we don't really know.

3. Both programs have had great success in national games and really are recruited up super teams; not really HS teams teams (again, two programs turning a great sport into a bastardized version of HS basketball, which is awful; they aren't the only guilty parties, see IMG, St. Frances, etc.). Let me add that they are also two of the most well-coached and disciplined teams out there; talent alone isn't enough to go undefeated season after season, but it helps.

4. Both have vocal cheerleaders on here.

5. CALI fanboys more obnoxious as of late because of crooked Cal Preps and their ho*o rankings have the MD people feeling like they are unbeatable, mainly because phony Cal Preps loads it's top 25 with 10 California teams. In reality, that's just Cal Preps fantasy world. 

6. The programs need to play, asap.

When they play, I hope it's not in one of those stupid "openers" games. They need to meet 3-4 weeks into the season where they have had time to gel with each other (since most of these guys will must be meeting each other in fall practice :)). 

Maybe ESPN can put together some "showcase"  in Texas, half-way between both schools. Bring in a few big Texas names and a team from Ohio and one from Georgia. Nice three game show case. Texas v. Ohio; Texas v. Ga; California v. Florida. 

Nolebull813, make it happen! :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Sta would get handled by 28+ against MD this year. Especially if they had to travel. Your boys couldn’t handle a trip to Tampa. Sad. You go we go! Call Rodger. Tell him you aren’t ready. 

Insanity. Off the top of my head, in the last twenty-six (26) seasons, STA has lost a grand, aggregate total of three games by more than 20 points. And they were all to the same team, which is built to beat them. And none of the three teams that lost by more than 20 were anywhere near as good as the 2021 squad. And, unlike those Lakeland teams, Mater Dei played a couple of close games this season. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Insanity. Off the top of my head, in the last twenty-six (26) seasons, STA has lost a grand, aggregate total of three games by more than 20 points. And they were all to the same team, which is built to beat them. And none of the three teams that lost by more than 20 were anywhere near as good as the 2021 squad. And, unlike those Lakeland teams, Mater Dei played a couple of close games this season. 

The ironic thing is that if you asked me or @golfaddict1 or @954gator if Mater Dei could beat STA we'd say of course they *could*, absolutely.

But when a non-STA guy says that Mater Dei would just *have a hard time* with STA, HurricaneNick goes apeshit.

• Like 2