Jesuit 35, Pine Forest 29 F

badrouter

• badrouter changed the title to Jesuit 35, Pine Forest 29 F
4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Very bad for STA.  Jesuit struggles against PF which will drop them but they still hold the hth vs STA.

Don’t hold that game against STA. They drove up the same day of the game 4 hours, played in the rain and the starting RB fumbled like 5 times. Shit happens. I don’t think Jesuit is better now. Not even close. 

29 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Would have been tough for Hillsborough to come home empty handed with 3 teams in the finals. Congrats to Jesuit. I believe they are the first ever Hillsborough County team to win state. I know Blake and Pinecrest won back then too. 

Plant has won state many times. So has Armwood. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Plant with Wilder ?

No he means the first Hillsborough team to win in the state playoff system era, which began in 1963.  They were in 1968. Ironically, Robinson from Tampa probably should have won the first state championship outright. They played Coral Gables in Tampa and had the game under control but had a real late turnover and lost by two points. Plant has four championships In six state title appearances, Armwood has three (probably lost another eight in the finals, were they routinely lay an egg) Jefferson has one, now defunct Pinecrest has one, Blake has one and now Jesuit has two.

11 minutes ago, 181pl said:

No he means the first Hillsborough team to win in the state playoff system era, which began in 1963.  They were in 1968. Ironically, Robinson from Tampa probably should have won the first state championship outright. They played Coral Gables in Tampa and had the game under control but had a real late turnover and lost by two points. Plant has four championships In six state title appearances, Armwood has three (probably lost another eight in the finals, were they routinely lay an egg) Jefferson has one, now defunct Pinecrest has one, Blake has one and now Jesuit has two.

I saw Plant in Orlando beat Lincoln in 2008 and Manatee in 2009, and that's off the top of my head. And that's not even counting Armwood.

9 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Tiers 😂

Here is my Christmas present to you.  Start with practicing on something you can relate to.   When you finish let me know and I will send you the next exercise.  By next August you may be able to participate  with some relevance n the discussions on this thread.

https://tiermaker.com/create/comprehensive-potato-chip-tier-list-144141

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 181pl said:

NOLEBULL813

"Would have been tough for Hillsborough to come home empty handed with 3 teams in the finals. Congrats to Jesuit. I believe they are the first ever Hillsborough County team to win state. I know Blake and Pinecrest won back then too." 

DAN

"I saw Plant in Orlando beat Lincoln in 2008 and Manatee in 2009, and that's off the top of my head. And that's not even counting Armwood."

OK, I get it now (after looking in record book). Modern era started in 1963. Jesuit won in 1968. Hillsborough County's first title. Reread Nolebull's post. He's a confusing "F"

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

I saw Plant in Orlando beat Lincoln in 2008 and Manatee in 2009, and that's off the top of my head. And that's not even counting Armwood.

He’s not saying they are the only team to win it. He saying they were the first team to win it back in 1968.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Dan has called me a lot of names, but for him to actually think that I thought Jesuit winning tonight was the first time a Hillsborough County team won state hurts the most 

I agree after a careful re-reading of your post, that like you it could go both ways, but there's nothing wrong with that... I know you're an early 2000's Wharton guy (Batman Wood) and Florida high school football historian. Truth, I thought you must be drinking or under the influence. Peace