Chaminade is in trouble

badrouter

Just now, badrouter said:

Highland offered something sorely lacking in Florida: crisp execution of more elaborate plays. Simplicity rules the day with Florida teams. Sure, when they're loaded physically, they're still tough to beat. But, they often underperform because the kids haven't been coached to do much of anything elaborate or deceptive. Jesuit, STA and a few others are exceptions to this. Sometimes Lakeland is come the playoffs, but sometimes not. It's pretty sad, really.

That’s why I said it would be crazy to see these FL teams coached by coaches from Texas, Georgia or Ohio. Huge coaching staffs paid handsomely. It would be a site to see 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2021 at 11:02 AM, badrouter said:

Highland offered something sorely lacking in Florida: crisp execution of more elaborate plays. Simplicity rules the day with Florida teams. Sure, when they're loaded physically, they're still tough to beat. But, they often underperform because the kids haven't been coached to do much of anything elaborate or deceptive. Jesuit, STA and a few others are exceptions to this. Sometimes Lakeland is come the playoffs, but sometimes not. It's pretty sad, really.

One of the constant features of this board is overly lauding untalented teams for simply lining up correctly and playing hard.

I got home around midnight so I started watching from 18-7 to the end of the game.

Chaminade absolutely dominated them. Highland didn't have a 1st down that didn't come from a penalty from the 2-minute mark of the 2nd quarter until he end of the game. The only reason it was remotely close is because the Chaminade coaches were *too* elaborate and threw the ball way too much.

Two things were pretty obvious: Highland couldn't block on offense and couldn't stop the run on defense.

So of course Chaminade had their QB throw the ball 15 times in the first half.

When they were running it 80% of the time and letting their defensive front eat, they thoroughly pummeled Highland.

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

That’s why I said it would be crazy to see these FL teams coached by coaches from Texas, Georgia or Ohio. Huge coaching staffs paid handsomely. It would be a site to see 

It's much easier to coach untalented teams full of overachievers.

And this is not a defense of Dameon Jones and Chaminade. They are second only to 2014 Trinity Christian in the clown show department.

16 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

One of the constant features of this board is overly lauding untalented teams for simply lining up correctly and playing hard.

I got home around midnight so I started watching from 18-7 to the end of the game.

Chaminade absolutely dominated them. Highland didn't have a 1st down that didn't come from a penalty from the 2-minute mark of the 2nd quarter until he end of the game. The only reason it was remotely close is because the Chaminade coaches were *too* elaborate and threw the ball way too much.

Two things were pretty obvious: Highland couldn't block on offense and couldn't stop the run on defense.

So of course Chaminade had their QB throw the ball 15 times in the first half.

When they were running it 80% of the time and letting their defensive front eat, they thoroughly pummeled Highland.

Well, that may be the case. But, at least while flat, Highland pretty much dominated up to 18-7. Looks like the better team won. Just disappointed almost no one else on Chaminade's schedule could even muster the 18 Highland had in a half. 

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

But, at least while flat, Highland pretty much dominated up to 18-7. 

The dumbest part of the commentary was when the play-by-play guy kept saying that Highland had dominated the first half.

And then the halftime statistics graphic came on the screen and Chaminade had twice as many first downs and almost 100 more yards of offense.

Again, I didn't see the first 20 minutes of the game but when I saw the score I laughed and said "how did they score 18?"

The rest of the game pretty much kept begging that question.

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Buford, American Heritage, Gulliver Prep, Berkeley Prep, Seminole, Columbus, Western.

I'd take all of them straight up against Highland.

It's hard to disagree. But, I just think we have a bias against them because they're an Arizona team with a lot of white guys. I couldn't bring myself to bet on them against any of those teams, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them knock some of them off.