The No Nonsense Top 100

Omaha Vol

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Hell why not get catholic cathedral and olu in the mix? They routinely are way over ranked and we don’t hear a peep from you guys.  Both are ranked way ahead of carroll and Katy 

2015 - 557th

2016 - 15th

2017 - 1885th

2018 - 40th

2019 - 171st

What, exactly do you mean by "routinely overrated"? 171st is too high for you? Were they actually 207th that year? 

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Centennial has played in these games as well. They beat Chandler. 

Look, I'm not Texasball(your brethren),  I'm not parroting depth crap

I didn’t mention Cen10. I specifically mentioned who I mentioned, I did it for a reason. Funny I never hear you and others say 💩 about their ranking, only about texas teams 

41 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Locations? Well, Texas wouldn't know about that.

Westlake's weakest part of their game is the defensive backfield. Servite's biggest strength, by far, is it's passing game. WL would get lit up like a pinball machine against any top team with a balanced offense and strong passing game.

I do not consider "competing" with SJB to be special. I think Servite beating the pants off of SJB, playing MD to 7 and 9 points within 5 months, putting up 37 on MD, going up by 45 at halftime against the D2 champion, holding it's semifinal opponent to three points, and beating the living crap out of everyone else they played in what's unanimously considered the toughest division in the United States is special. I think having the national player of the year is special. I consider having an All American QB who was named the best player in CA in his soph AND junior years special. I consider likely having every player on the field playing in college special. I consider playing the entire season without the #1 athlete in the country for the class of 2024 and still having all that success to be special. 

What don't you consider special?

Hallelujah GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

I didn’t mention Cen10. I specifically mentioned who I mentioned, I did it for a reason. Funny I never hear you and others say 💩 about their ranking, only about texas teams 

When have you heard me say anything about those teams?

Cathedral Catholic would do just fine playing Spring/Atascocita/Vandergrift/ Ryan etc

Just now, Horsefly said:

Calpreps 

I've said it many times on here, Calpreps does a good job of ranking teams instate. As long as there's connectivity(Which is why it sucks in Texas.  No connectivity amongst the 4A and 6A schools, but you can filter it and only use the 6A division). Nationally, when have you ever seen me use calpreps?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I've said it many times on here, Calpreps does a good job of ranking teams instate. As long as there's connectivity(Which is why it sucks in Texas.  No connectivity amongst the 4A and 6A schools, but you can filter it and only use the 6A division). Nationally, when have you ever seen me use calpreps?

Whether you use it or not is up to you, but there’s  plenty enough connectivity for national rankings.

Only Texas throws a wrench in the mix, and yeah it’s exactly for the reason you said.

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Cathedral Catholic and Orange Lutheran.  They're not top 30 teams in the country

Cathedral could probably hang with anyone above 15th. But I haven’t seen every top 30 team, so like you I’m speculating at best. They only lost to Corona Centennial and De La Salle. Olu went on a tear and squeaked out several victories to win a championship. Playoff wins are worth more. I don’t think they’re that good either, but I’m biased because we were up 42-6 at half. They still have a good roster and coaching staff.

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

Cathedral could probably hang with anyone above 15th. But I haven’t seen every top 30 team, so like you I’m speculating at best. They only lost to Corona Centennial and De La Salle. Olu went on a tear and squeaked out several victories to win a championship. Playoff wins are worth more. I don’t think they’re that good either, but I’m biased because we were up 42-6 at half. They still have a good roster and coaching staff.

No they cannot, they’d be bullied by more physical teams. They’re ahead of SFA, and IMG. Once again, your bias is evident. Watch more teams in that range. 
they get a Cali boost b/c of MD and SJB 

Just now, GoBigBlack said:

Yeah? So where?

I don’t value HS national polls, they’re silly for this reason. No way to assess teams where a majority of the top 100 don’t even play each other nor create enough of an association to rank realistically. 

but as a tier, there probably aren’t 5 or so teams that could beat them consistently 

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I don’t value HS national polls, they’re silly for this reason. No way to assess teams where a majority of the top 100 don’t even play each other nor create enough of an association to rank realistically. 

but as a tier, there probably aren’t 5 or so teams that could beat them consistently 

Yeah I agree. So when I said Cathedral could hang (not beat) with anyone OUTSIDE the top 15, why would you bring two teams INSIDE the top 15 into the conversation? 

That’s a rhetorical question. I know why.

5 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Yeah I agree. So when I said Cathedral could hang (not beat) with anyone OUTSIDE the top 15, why would you bring two teams INSIDE the top 15 into the conversation? 

That’s a rhetorical question. I know why.

Because you referenced 15-30. You obviously don’t mean 1-15.  That’s an even more ridiculous assessment 

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Because you referenced 15-30. You obviously don’t mean 1-15.  That’s an even more ridiculous assessment 

So we both agree SFA and IMG are inside the top 15, but you brought them into the discussion about teams Cathedral couldn't beat that are outside the top 15? I have a feeling you've been hitting the sauce tonight. Sleep it off and think it over tomorrow.

Also, if I said outside the top 15, I wouldn't be referencing 15-30. It would be 16-30. A team cannot be both outside and inside the top 15 simultaneously. Numbers can be tough.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GoBigBlack said:

So we both agree SFA and IMG are inside the top 15, but you brought them into the discussion about teams Cathedral couldn't beat that are outside the top 15? I have a feeling you've been hitting the sauce tonight. Sleep it off and think it over tomorrow.

Also, if I said outside the top 15, I wouldn't be referencing 15-30. It would be 16-30. A team cannot be both outside and inside the top 15 simultaneously. Numbers can be tough.

So you think they could play with teams in the 1-15 range? That’s  inside the top 15 genius.  So what is it, they can play with anyone in the 1-15 range or the 15-30 range?