The No Nonsense Top 100

Omaha Vol

26 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Exactly,  Guyer's best two opponents outside of Westlake were Allen and Ryan.  They went to overtime with Ryan and lost to Allen by 7.

May we also point out that maybe Duncanville is worse offensively than Lake Travis?

North Shore 49 - Lake Travis 21

North Shore 26 - Katy Tompkins 20

North Shore 21 - Westfield 27

North Shore 58 - Klein Oak 34

North Shore 17 - Duncanville 10

• Haha 2

Just now, SeaShells21 said:

May we also point out that maybe Duncanville is worse offensively than Lake Travis?

Logic won't work.  He points out Allen winning State after beating Dutch Fork.  But can't explain the 7 other OOS games they failed to win State as proof our Champ doesn't play OOS.  They don't understand the team that does and loses never win State and those that win rarely win our title. If ET had of won State after DLS.  That would show at least 4 won State after playing OOS.  Comical

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yes this year! You guys thinking Servite competing with SJB is special when they’re familiar with them and have been playing them every year for the past decades. 

play is totally different when you play diff opponents you aren’t familiar with and locations too 

Locations? Well, Texas wouldn't know about that.

Westlake's weakest part of their game is the defensive backfield. Servite's biggest strength, by far, is it's passing game. WL would get lit up like a pinball machine against any top team with a balanced offense and strong passing game.

I do not consider "competing" with SJB to be special. I think Servite beating the pants off of SJB, playing MD to 7 and 9 points within 5 months, putting up 37 on MD, going up by 45 at halftime against the D2 champion, holding it's semifinal opponent to three points, and beating the living crap out of everyone else they played in what's unanimously considered the toughest division in the United States is special. I think having the national player of the year is special. I consider having an All American QB who was named the best player in CA in his soph AND junior years special. I consider likely having every player on the field playing in college special. I consider playing the entire season without the #1 athlete in the country for the class of 2024 and still having all that success to be special. 

What don't you consider special?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, SeaShells21 said:

You could say that. I'd agree with it. 

Desoto 34 Westfield 17

Duncanville 38 Desoto 20

Westfield played Northshore before the qb switch. If I recall correctly he was picked off for a pick 6 as well 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Logic won't work.  He points out Allen winning State after beating Dutch Fork.  But can't explain the 7 other OOS games they failed to win State as proof our Champ doesn't play OOS.  They don't understand the team that does and loses never win State and those that win rarely win our title. If ET had of won State after DLS.  That would show at least 4 won State after playing OOS.  Comical

You seem to not get your top teams that aren't winning state but are right there are the ones playing in these games. How can your state Champ lose a game they don't play. 

4 times in 20 years your state Champ has played an oos game

Louisiana 1A Champ

Florida 2nd round 

Utah Champ

South Carolina Semi finalist

3 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Westlake's weakest part of their game is the defensive backfield. Servite's biggest strength, by far, is it's passing game. WL would get lit up like a pinball machine against any top team with a balanced offense and strong passing game.

I do not consider "competing" with SJB to be special. I think Servite beating the pants off of SJB, playing MD to 7 and 9 points within 5 months, putting up 37 on MD, going up by 45 at halftime against the D2 champion, holding it's semifinal opponent to three points, and beating the living crap out of everyone else they played in what's unanimously considered the toughest division in the United States is special. I think having the national player of the year is special. I consider having an All American QB who was named the best player in CA in his soph AND junior years special. I consider likely having every player on the field playing in college special. I consider playing the entire season without the #1 athlete in the country for the class of 2024 and still having all that success to be special. 

Neither would Servite and Cen10 know about location. . My goodness man you wrote a dissertation and your first statement out the gate was biased. 😂 

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They just don’t understand our Texas.

6 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Like I said they are familiar with SJB. They know the coach, players and scheme. Having a great team and being able to beat them is not unbelievable. 

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This would easily happen if the below was scheduled in a given year

Northshore-MD

Aquinas- Katy

Bosco-Carroll

Your state Champ crap would be done

8 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You seem to not get your top teams that aren't winning state but are right there are the ones playing in these games. How can your state Champ lose a game they don't play. 

4 times in 20 years your state Champ has played an oos game

Louisiana 1A Champ

Florida 2nd round 

Utah Champ

South Carolina Semi finalist

It’s difficult to rank Texas. No one knows who will win state on a given year. 

For example, 10 of our 12 champions from last year fell this year in the playoffs.

Who would you recommend? Allen and Desoto already are. I wouldn’t be surprised if Duncanville did again.

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

This would easily happen if the below was scheduled in a given year

Northshore-MD

Aquinas- Katy

Bosco-Carroll

Your state Champ crap would be done

Hell why not get catholic cathedral and olu in the mix? They routinely are way over ranked and we don’t hear a peep from you guys.  Both are ranked way ahead of carroll and Katy 

14 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Allen will get their chance. 

Maybe someone can get Northshore to play MD

😂 Allen was smoked this year, I have no faith they’ll do anything special. 

nah I don’t want MD v NS you guys love to ride their coattails while teams like Catholic cathedral sit comfortably at 13th in the country.  Let’s see what they got

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Hell why not get catholic cathedral and olu in the mix? They routinely are way over ranked and we don’t hear a peep from you guys.  Both are ranked way ahead of carroll and Katy 

What for? Is that what you want your State Champ to face?

When do you hear me pump them up?

They're a solid team that would do just fine against teams like last years Allen. 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Neither would Servite and Cen10 know about location. . My goodness man you wrote a dissertation and your first statement out the gate was biased. 😂 

I'm referencing the rules differences. Travel would only be relevant for an OOS team going into Texas or a Texas team leaving the state. One of those things happens regularly, the other does not. Regardless...

Only going back 5 years with Centennial, their pre league schedule has had IMG x2, Liberty x2, OLU multiple times, Mater Dei x3, Chandler x2... I won't speak for CC.

In the last decade Servite played Bishop Gorman five years in a row when they were a top 10 every year, and twice when they were national champions. They then played again in 2019. Servite traveled to Vegas and was the away team in four of the six games. Servite also played De La Salle four times. They played Gorman and De La Salle in the same season two times, and traveled to Concord twice. In state, but it's still a 400 mile trip. On top of that, they load their pre league schedule with top tier teams as often as possible and they do it every year. Go ahead and look at the schedules. 

It would be one thing if the teams in Texas were playing anybody at all of note in their own state until the semifinals. But it's not. Their districts are garbage and the games they are free to schedule are always against cupcakes to pad the win column.

• Like 1

Just now, steeler01 said:

What for? Is that what you want your State Champ to face?

When do you hear me pump them up?

They're a solid team that would do just fine against teams like last years Allen. 

I want to see what these other highly ranked Cali teams are all about. It’s either MD or SJB doing the only lifting then you guys boast about cali in general. Catholic cathedral would be 4th in Texas. That’s  right below DV.  Let’s get their asses to play. Olu is way above Guyer and SLC (teams you think suck)  let’s get them too to square off. 

3 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

I'm referencing the rules differences. Travel would only be relevant for an OOS team going into Texas or a Texas team leaving the state. One of those things happens regularly, the other does not. Regardless...

Only going back 5 years with Centennial, their pre league schedule has had IMG x2, Liberty x2, OLU multiple times, Mater Dei x3, Chandler x2... I won't speak for CC.

In the last decade Servite played Bishop Gorman five years in a row when they were a top 10 every year, and twice when they were national champions. They then played again in 2019. Servite traveled to Vegas and was the away team in four of the six games. Servite also played De La Salle four times. They played Gorman and De La Salle in the same season two times, and traveled to Concord twice. In state, but it's still a 400 mile trip. On top of that, they load their pre league schedule with top tier teams as often as possible and they do it every year. Go ahead and look at the schedules. 

It would be one thing if the teams in Texas were playing anybody at all of note in their own state until the semifinals. But it's not. Their districts are garbage and the games they are free to schedule are always against cupcakes to pad the win column.

Do you know what districts are?

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I want to see what these other highly ranked Cali teams are all about. It’s either MD or SJB doing the only lifting then you guys boast about cali in general. Catholic cathedral would be 4th in Texas. That’s  right below DV.  Let’s get their asses to play. Olu is way above Guyer and SLC (teams you think suck)  let’s get them too to square off. 

Centennial has played in these games as well. They beat Chandler. 

Look, I'm not Texasball(your brethren),  I'm not parroting depth crap