The No Nonsense Top 100

Omaha Vol

32 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Ok.  Figured it would go over your head. 20 years of Dumb luck.  Hoover wins State Allen loses to The Woodlands.  LT 41 Woodlands 6.  How many times your Champ has lost OOS the last 20

I remember BG running rampant.  But in Texas we' re just lucky.  Fact is in 30 Years La. Is the only State to beat a TX Big School Champ.  3x.  20 others have failed including Cali 2x. DLS and MD failed to beat a Champ.  Our Champ will never be the team that loses OOS. NO ONE CAN SAY THAT.  That's why we don't give a damn about these stupid polls.  You fools thought Dville was the best and was hoping like hell.  Yeah we got lucky for 20 years. Look up the definition of insanity it will read believing we beat the TX 6A Champ

Peace. 

1. Nobody thought DVille was the best

2. You're using a relative score comparison to place teams in order of quality. That's EXACTLY what Calpreps does for you already. 

15 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Why will that team never have an OOS loss?

And regardless of what you're saying, Duncanville is 61-5 in Texas 6A over the last five seasons. I mean... the record speaks for itself. Included in that record this year is the best team in 5A, which is a stronger opponent than 98% of 6A teams, give or take a %.

I never said they aren't a top TX team nor that a top Texas team can't lose OOS.  That particular team will never win 6A.  No matter who it is.  ET is 8 - 3 in OOS games. They beat  JC, Bingham,, DLS, Bentonville, Shiloh Christian all State Champs.  2 where ranked #1 in National Polls. DLS was called best team since da streak. All of them State Champs.  They won State once here when playing these teams and that was when they beat Bingham.  That was an OT win vs WL at State where a bad call helped them. They lost to an all time Bellevue on the road in OT. Yet Desoto destroyed ET  

That's your empirical data.  They never sniffed State in those 3 OOS loses to Jenks by 3 a OK State Champ and Union.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I never said that aren't a top TX team nor that a top Texas team can't lose OOS.  That particular team will never win 6A.  No matter who it is.  ET is 8 - 3 in OOS games. They beat the JC, Bingham,, DLS, Bentonville, Shiloh Christian all State Champs.  2 where ranked #1 in National Polls. DLS was called best team since da streak. All of them State Champs.  They one State once here when playing these teams and that was when they beat Bingham.  That was an OT win vs WL at State where a bad call helped them. They lost to an all time Bellevue on the road in OT. Yet Desoto destroyed ET  

That's your empirical data.  They never sniffed State in those 3 OOS loses to Jenks by 3 a OK State Cham and Union.  

Yes, but Nortshore, Westlake,  Katy,  Carroll etc when they win state, never play oos against a legit top team.  A MD, Aquinas, Saint Frances. Etc spare me the beating up on these other teams.

Here's the OOS games for your Champs

2006-ECA

2008-Cypress Bay

2009-Bingham

2013-Dutch Fork(Gave Allen hell and lost in their semis)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

I never said that aren't a top TX team nor that a top Texas team can't lose OOS.  That particular team will never win 6A.  No matter who it is.  ET is 8 - 3 in OOS games. They beat the JC, Bingham,, DLS, Bentonville, Shiloh Christian all State Champs.  2 where ranked #1 in National Polls. DLS was called best team since da streak. All of them State Champs.  They one State once here when playing these teams and that was when they beat Bingham.  That was an OT win vs WL at State where a bad call helped them. They lost to an all time Bellevue on the road in OT. Yet Desoto destroyed ET  

That's your empirical data.  They never sniffed State in those 3 OOS loses to Jenks by 3 a OK State Cham and Union.  

Good grief. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY has ever once said that the 2015 DLS team was the best since 2002. Especially considering their coach retired in 2013. 

You're using one example and extrapolating nonsense. I can barely understand what you're saying, and I don't care to continue trying to decipher the Rosetta Stone. 

Bottom line, the Texas 6A champion hasn't beaten a top OOS team either. And your teams make everyone else come to Texas and play under the Texas rules... too scared to travel anywhere else.

27 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Good grief. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY has ever once said that the 2015 DLS team was the best since 2002. Especially considering their coach retired in 2013. 

You're using one example and extrapolating nonsense. I can barely understand what you're saying, and I don't care to continue trying to decipher the Rosetta Stone. 

Bottom line, the Texas 6A champion hasn't beaten a top OOS team either. And your teams make everyone else come to Texas and play under the Texas rules... too scared to travel anywhere else.

It's what was being said in Cali before the game.  Thanks for confirming it was just B.S.  they were National # 1. And talked about the best since the streak.  Hell Sammy claimed they would take a knee giving ET Mercy. 

From CalHigh Sports.  I assume they cover Cali 😄

After winning last year’s CIF Open Division title with a 63-42 victory over Centennial of Corona and with a starting lineup of primarily juniors, the question about this year’s football team at De La Salle of Concord wasn’t whether it would start out No. 1 in California or even No. 1 in the nation but whether it might be one of the best or the best in the legendary program’s history.

11 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Texas plays by different rules than everyone else. It’s not Texas who cares about playing OOS. It’s the other states wanting to play in Texas against a Texas team.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Yes, but Nortshore, Westlake,  Katy,  Carroll etc when they win state, never play oos against a legit top team.  A MD, Aquinas, Saint Frances. Etc spare me the beating up on these other teams.

2006-ECA

2008-Cypress Bay

2009-Bingham

*noted for my argument about insufficient data

9 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

2006-ECA

2008-Cypress Bay

In order for your logic to work you have to know who would win State and make sure they play OOS.  Like how Dville blew up in your face.  

Dville loses to MD and IMG. beat some other national recruited Private

Cedar Hill loses to BTW and BG

Skyline loses to STA

Desoto loses to IMG,

SLC loses to MNW and Uniin

ET loses to Union, Jenks Bellevue

Abilene loses to Cocoa.

Not one won State.  If you Throw in Allen. Katy, LT and LV.  

All of these teams have played over 60 OOS games.  Helluva coincidence not 1 won State when losing OOS.  And usually a State power beats them worst.  Guess how many Championships this group has. A bunch.  Texas has beaten more OOS Champ and runner ups than any state the last 20 years.  So if Allen who beat Hoover had won State they would have made your list.  The fact you list 3 proves my point. ET has dominated OOS while winning 1 SC during that time.  If they had dominated TX it would prove something else.

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Fewer games and practices means nothing for the finished product. 

So they didn't have to do anything but beat crappy competition to know they were better. 

Guyer was Allen and Ryan's level this year. We have actual data to verify that

If you don’t mind me asking, what is that “actual data”?

23 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

It's what was being said in Cali before the game.  Thanks for confirming it was just B.S.  they were National # 1. And talked about the best since the streak.  Hell Sammy claimed they would take a knee giving ET Mercy. 

From CalHigh Sports.  I assume they cover Cali 😄

After winning last year’s CIF Open Division title with a 63-42 victory over Centennial of Corona and with a starting lineup of primarily juniors, the question about this year’s football team at De La Salle of Concord wasn’t whether it would start out No. 1 in California or even No. 1 in the nation but whether it might be one of the best or the best in the legendary program’s history.

You're using ONE sportswriter's SPECULATION about how good a team MIGHT BE in the coming season. I prefer to wait until they play. You do you, though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DevilDog said:

It wasn't just one.  I just wanted to show you what was being said.  We're good. 

What WAS being said. Yes. BEFORE the season. If I say Byron Nelson is #1 in the world before next season are you gonna throw it in all their fan's faces when they go 5-5? Who the hell cares what anyone said about a team BEFORE the season.

51 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Not this year. Let's hang on to the personal insults, buddy. 

Yes this year! You guys thinking Servite competing with SJB is special when they’re familiar with them and have been playing them every year for the past decades. 

play is totally different when you play diff opponents you aren’t familiar with and locations too 

• Like 1

Just now, steeler01 said:

Exactly,  Guyer's best two opponents outside of Westlake were Allen and Ryan.  They went to overtime with Ryan and lost to Allen by 7.

So, I’m guessing you wouldn’t mind me saying Duncanville was about as good overall as C.E. King because of their close games with North Shore:

North Shore 17 - C.E. King 0

North Shore 17 - Duncanville 10

1 minute ago, SeaShells21 said:

So, I’m guessing you wouldn’t mind me saying Duncanville was about as good overall as C.E. King because of their close games with North Shore:

North Shore 17 - C.E. King 0

North Shore 17 - Duncanville 10

It was 17-0 headed into the 4th quarter 

CE King was also blown out by another team 42-21 in Texas