Elias Ricks to Alabama

HurricaneNick

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Are we really discrediting a cornerback over solo tackles? 😂😂😂😂

Derrick Stingley had 31 solo's his freshman year....

Ahmad Gardner from Cincinnati is even a better tackler than Ricks.....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4427250/ahmad-gardner

and, etc........come join the game Eli!

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

He also played 15 games, dude?!

LSU scored in 2.5 seconds in 2019 allowing way more defensive snaps… more opportunities for tackles. 

In 3 games this year Stingley had 6 solo's...do the math.

Ricks has had games where he doesn't tackle anyone and he records no stats whatsoever. In today's game I don't even know how that's possible unless you just don't want to hit someone.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:23 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Is there room for Domani? I heard they passed on Eli earlier because they didn’t have a spot for him. I’ve been told Sabans in house visit with Domani went better than expected. 

They were passing on ricks because he is a pothead who’s injured often with a bad attitude. Helluva player when he actually plays, but is a malcontent. 

Good luck with him. LSU fans are offering odds on him opting out or being injured by November when we play. 

6 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

They were passing on ricks because he is a pothead who’s injured often with a bad attitude. Helluva player when he actually plays, but is a malcontent. 

Good luck with him. LSU fans are offering odds on him opting out or being injured by November when we play. 

He had no issues with pot or his attitude while at Mater Dei. If true, Saban will get that figured out. He has a ton of potential.

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

He had no issues with pot or his attitude while at Mater Dei. If true, Saban will get that figured out. He has a ton of potential.

So you consider drifting away from his teams huddle to float around the opponents team huddle to trash talk the players and coaches not once, but twice during TV timeouts, a good attitude.  What caused him to have to sit out the SBG against DLS? 

Just now, On2whls said:

So you consider drifting away from his teams huddle to float around the opponents team huddle to trash talk the players and coaches not once, but twice during TV timeouts, a good attitude.  What caused him to have to sit out the SBG against DLS? 

Wow I’m completely shocked a high school player would engage in any trash talk with the other team. Completely shocking as that has never happened with a young competitor before! His attitude with his teammates, coaches, and classmates was great while at MD. He has been welcomed back to campus with open arms multiple times after his transfer. I won’t speak on the schools decision to discipline him. Rollo didn’t speak on it so I won’t put it on the internet. Not really that big of a deal honestly. I’m sure if you snoop hard enough on the internet you’ll find out the answer. Him picking off centennial three times in one game shouldn’t hurt you this much 3 years later! 

39 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Wow I’m completely shocked a high school player would engage in any trash talk with the other team.

It wasn’t the fact that he was trash talking, it’s the fact that he twice left the proximity of his team and sauntered clear across the field to do it. Are you so insecure that you always have to twist the truth?

42 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I won’t speak on the schools decision to discipline him.

Yes because then you would have to defend your claim that he had no attitude issues.

43 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Him picking off centennial three times in one game shouldn’t hurt you this much 3 years later! 

Dude,I was over that the same night MD transfer Freedlander showed he was more proficient completing passes to his former teammates than to his own team.  Maybe Ricks was just thanking him for the favors lol.

35 minutes ago, On2whls said:

It wasn’t the fact that he was trash talking, it’s the fact that he twice left the proximity of his team and sauntered clear across the field to do it. Are you so insecure that you always have to twist the truth?

Yes because then you would have to defend your claim that he had no attitude issues.

I didn’t dispute it. You’re reaching. The kid was jaw jacking your team. It’s ok. Lol.

& no it’s not because I’d have to defend anything. It’s because I’m not a dork that’s going to speak on an isolated incident and claim the kid had a recurring attitude issue. Just isn’t true. He was disciplined once in 3 years at MD. Great teammate and very coachable. That’s what I was told by the staff. You would know more than them though brother! You are entitled to believe whatever you’d like about Elias!

21 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

He does. 

Issue is some of these entitled kids never have their feet held to the fire. They’re never held accountable. Usually comes from home. 

The Ricks’ family certainly carry an air of “we’re better than you” around. At least in their time in Baton Rouge. I mean, that cute little west cost school wasn’t good enough, so he left you for IMG. Then LSU wasn’t good enough so he tried leaving for OSU…….who promptly told him “no thanks.” Then bama was said to have balked as well but they’re willing to take a flier on the kid because he is a talent. Not because he’s a good kid. 

Your last pothead from LSU was savion smith. Last I remember of him was sitting on the field faking an injury after getting cooked again by clemson. 

Time will tell

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

He does. 

Issue is some of these entitled kids never have their feet held to the fire. They’re never held accountable. Usually comes from home. 

The Ricks’ family certainly carry an air of “we’re better than you” around. At least in their time in Baton Rouge. I mean, that cute little west cost school wasn’t good enough, so he left you for IMG. Then LSU wasn’t good enough so he tried leaving for OSU…….who promptly told him “no thanks.” Then bama was said to have balked as well but they’re willing to take a flier on the kid because he is a talent. Not because he’s a good kid. 

Your last pothead from LSU was savion smith. Last I remember of him was sitting on the field faking an injury after getting cooked again by clemson. 

Time will tell

“The cute little west coast school” 🤣🤣🤣. Where’d you go to HS?  It’s not a secret that Elias wanted to graduate early and participate in spring ball but MD is a Catholic school and he couldn’t complete the religious requirements in time. So he bounced to IMG where they make up their own academic plans. It is what it is. 

What’s the deal with all these Lsu DB’s being potheads? What’s up with that? I remember you kicked the honey badger off the team for smoking weed. Now you’re claiming another two are potheads. Interesting. Corey Raymond must’ve been supplying some good dope! 

54 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

“The cute little west coast school” 🤣🤣🤣. Where’d you go to HS?  It’s not a secret that Elias wanted to graduate early and participate in spring ball but MD is a Catholic school and he couldn’t complete the religious requirements in time. So he bounced to IMG where they make up their own academic plans. It is what it is. 

What’s the deal with all these Lsu DB’s being potheads? What’s up with that? I remember you kicked the honey badger off the team for smoking weed. Now you’re claiming another two are potheads. Interesting. Corey Raymond must’ve been supplying some good dope! 

I think the number was over 85% of CFB players smoked weed. LSU just a tests more and holds kids accountable. Whether it’s right or wrong, it is what it is. 

Eli leaving your school for a better situation is who he is. He wasn’t worried about his teammates m, coaches or classmates. He was worried about Eli. 

When somebody shows you who they are, believe them. Kid is, was and always has been about himself and nothing else. Ain’t mad at him. His parents enabling him didn’t help him nor will it when he goes to the nfl and actually is held accountable for his actions.