DLS moving forward

Sammyswordsman

5 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I don't mean you personally . I think you have a little more objectivity than most other Folsom fans . You know whom I'm referring too.

The problem is it’s not “Folsom fans”. It’s one pathetic lowlife troll who uses many screen names. 90% of folsom dont post or even know about high school message boards. Sadly it just takes one bad apple to give an entire fan base a bad rap. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

It has nothing to do with that. I laughed because I’ve never heard high school kids being described as “most solid citizens”. What does that even mean? How does that poster even know? Nobody even questioned the characters of those kids. It was just a funny thing to say. 

You know what I mean.  To use the original poster's language, they have character and ethics.  They're great young men, and I know because I've been following their careers for years, have seen their sportsmanship on the field and yeah, I know one of their parents.  Got it?

3 minutes ago, MD87 said:

You know what I mean.  To use the original poster's language, they have character and ethics.  They're great young men, and I know because I've been following their careers for years, have seen their sportsmanship on the field and yeah, I know one of their parents.  Got it?

You should have known what Pops meant as well.  IMO, he was talking about transfers and the SoCal arms race in the TL and he wasn't talking about the character of these kids.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, On2whls said:

He has so many aliases, he tries to gives the impression of representing a large fan base. LOL.  

Cen10 looking for week 2 opponent BTW.   We’re willing to travel across the parking lot to the field.

Folsom has a lot to catchup scheduling wise if they ever want to be taken serious . A cen10 or MV, servite game would be great for their socal head to head . Then they need to schedule SF or Serra to try their hand at the best of wcal . If there was ever a time to do it, it is now. If they don't do it, and just do the no-lose game vs dls once again, than it is a disgrace . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Folsom has a lot to catchup scheduling wise if they ever want to be taken serious . A cen10 or MV, servite game would be great for their socal head to head . Then they need to schedule SF or Serra to try their hand at the best of wcal . If there was ever a time to do it, it is now. If they don't do it, and just do the no-lose game vs dls once again, than it is a disgrace . 

The DLS game is no longer a no lose game. They slayed the dragon. I guarantee you DLS wants a rematch next season. I would love to see folsom play one of those SoCal teams next year especially Servite. Sammy needs to get humbled. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

There was an Open  playin game established before folsom petitioned to have it ended . I totally agree going forward , Norcal needs a true Open playoff like socal . 

The statement "Folsom petitioned" is an urban legend. I had a son who played for Folsom during that period. A few helicopter moms wrote letters to the commissioner; there was never any real push back from the coaches or administrators to get rid of the Open. The real issue was that with the relative lack of quality teams coming from NorCal, they did no want their second best team out of the playoffs.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DogPile said:

The statement "Folsom petitioned" is an urban legend. I had a son who played for Folsom during that period. A few helicopter moms wrote letters to the commissioner; there was never any real push back from the coaches or administrators to get rid of the Open. The real issue was that with the relative lack of quality teams coming from NorCal, they did no want their second best team out of the playoffs.

Not sure why you quoted me. I never said that. I’m aware of the Folsom moms were the ones complaining. Folsom coaches had nothing to do with it. 

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Unless your goal is to win an MNC, does it really matter if you lose an OOL game or two?  Cathedral bit off more than they could against Cen10 and DLS but won league and a state title game.  I’ve got more respect for them doing it the way they did than had they played a guarantee no lose schedule and still pulled off the title game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, On2whls said:

Unless your goal is to win an MNC, does it really matter if you lose an OOL game or two?  Cathedral bit off more than they could against Cen10 and DLS but won league and a state title game.  I’ve got more respect for them doing it the way they did than had they played a guarantee no lose schedule and still pulled off the title game.

Amen to that ! They played with great confidence last night. Folsom's a little  better team than they may have  looked last night, but they are well coached and do have a lot of talent. Their qb can make plays . Was a good hard fought, intense game by both teams. I'm glad I watched .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

The DLS game is no longer a no lose game. They slayed the dragon. I guarantee you DLS wants a rematch next season. I would love to see folsom play one of those SoCal teams next year especially Servite. Sammy needs to get humbled. 

I would just like to see Folsom just schedule a worthy out of league opponent at least once in a decade ( not named dls or grant )

8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

You should have known what Pops meant as well.  IMO, he was talking about transfers and the SoCal arms race in the TL and he wasn't talking about the character of these kids.  

I should have known what he meant, and then the next words out of your mouth are "IMO, he was talking about"? 🤣   I'll let him speak for himself, thanks.  Who on the Anaheim school transferred in then?  Its three biggest stars sure didn't.  All been there since freshman year.  Guess that means the Anaheim school "care[s] about souls," too.  I detest few things HS football-wise more than I do the Anaheim school, but the sanctimoniousness of DLS fanboys is one of them.

10 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

DLS would like to play Folsom every year because they like testing themselves 

Playing the Triniry league is a different animal — strange that they’d lead CA to make playing IMG illegal, even while building an academy league 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Colonel said:

The Canyon Cowboys and Centennial Huskies beg to differ (unless you are saying those programs are Tier 1!). 

DLS has lost to the best team in socal — never anyone else (like this year in NorCal)

good time go back 15 years though to try to find an exception

2 hours ago, MD87 said:

I should have known what he meant, and then the next words out of your mouth are "IMO, he was talking about"? 🤣   I'll let him speak for himself, thanks.  Who on the Anaheim school transferred in then?  Its three biggest stars sure didn't.  All been there since freshman year.  Guess that means the Anaheim school "care[s] about souls," too.  I detest few things HS football-wise more than I do the Anaheim school, but the sanctimoniousness of DLS fanboys is one of them.

Sanctimonious?  Ha Ha 

the last refuge of a scoundrel is indignation 

22 hours ago, PopsNW said:

This is an annual post for Sammy.

Yes,  I wrote something similar a couple years ago.  Turns out I was correct as DLS has fared even more poorly than the did back a couple years ago.

Instead of just losing badly in a SBG to a "Super team" now they have  lost to a fellow Nor Cal team, and also to the unthinkable.  In the latter game they had 16 penalties.  Now boosters can't even point to a "perfect effort" and hang on being pius to explain the drop off of talent.

DLS is truly at a cross roads as it pertains to being relevant in National HS football.  Maybe they don't care about that and thats fine.  If they do wish to get back into the conversation for National and State relevance, then changes do need to be made.

I am not saying DLS needs to "sell their soul". DLS would have to figure out how to once again be a "destination school" for top youth football players.  Some people say DLS needs to attract better QB talent.  Some guys say DLS needs to get better linemen to want to come to DLS.

Usually a supportive principal will make all the difference.  I am not clear on the position of DLS current principal or if he was the same principal that enabled Lad to do his thing, but that is where direction will come from.

This thread poses the question as to what the direction of the school will be.  Whether they continue to de-emphazise football, or put more energy.  DLS is an excellent Jesuit school who turns out fine young men.  No one disputes that.  I am sure that DLS is spoken very highly of on the Jesuit boards.  On Prepgridiron we are mainly concerned about the football program, so that is what the conversation should center on.

8 hours ago, MD87 said:

Just trying to clear it up for you bc you were going down the wrong track.  I was simply pointing out your error in assuming it was about the kids character.  

I never said one way or another how I feel about the arms race in in SoCal, so your santimoniousness comment is wrong too.  

Take a deep breath, hug the family and enjoy life.  

4 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Just trying to clear it up for you bc you were going down the wrong track.  I was simply pointing out your error in assuming it was about the kids character.  

I never said one way or another how I feel about the arms race in in SoCal, so your santimoniousness comment is wrong too.  

Take a deep breath, hug the family and enjoy life.  

TL homers are defensive due to all of the off the field antics they’ve endured this season.