California CIF State Bowl Championships

Cal 14

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

They can't since those guys didn't go there and there's no evidence that they would've.

I just gave you the evidence — my testimony.

You’re flailing again

First you said that it wasn’t relevant, now you’re saying I need a signed statement from them to present on a football message board?

this is the sort of drivel banter i do not miss 

On 12/14/2021 at 4:20 PM, CaliNorth said:

Should be a good game . Better yet, meet in an Open playoff game

At some point, y'all gonna have to move on from this.  There will be no Open regional game any longer.  You could not have one in the north without also having one in the south and i t would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to have one in the south with the way the SS have structure their playoffs.  The sections would have to agree to the change and that's not going to happen.

Do you also stay up late dreaming about the Ferrari you'll never own?

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

At some point, y'all gonna have to move on from this.  There will be no Open regional game any longer.  You could not have one in the north without also having one in the south and i t would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to have one in the south with the way the SS have structure their playoffs.  The sections would have to agree to the change and that's not going to happen.

So your saying with all the controversy in norcal regarding Open rep this season, there is no solution ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

They could have an open play in for the north but not the south.  Why not?  DLS gets a bye in the first round and none of the SS teams get a bye. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

They could have an open play in for the north but not the south.  Why not?  DLS gets a bye in the first round and none of the SS teams get a bye. 

The games are hosted by the CIF, not individual sections.  That means it's statewide.  What happens in the north, must also happen in the south and vice versa.

When there are regional playoff only, then each region could have different rules.  Football is statewide.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

So your saying with all the controversy in norcal regarding Open rep this season, there is no solution ?

No, there is a solution:

Just enjoy what we have and stop worrying about it.  You're complaining about a problem that doesn't exist.

Besides, there is/was no controversy.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

No, there is a solution:

Just enjoy what we have and stop worrying about it.  You're complaining about a problem that doesn't exist.

Besides, there is/was no controversy.

That is just your opinion . If Folsom hadn't got their qb back, Rocklin could have gone unbeaten and would have chimed in to be Open rep as well . People complained that dls always got the bid . This yr it wont happen, but next season I believe there will be changes to allow things settled on the field . And it will make Norcal Open rep better when they face socal rep, having played some tough games to prime them , just like they do down south . It's kind of ridiculous to decide championships 3rd week of season , don't you think ? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

That is just your opinion . If Folsom hadn't got their qb back, Rocklin could have gone unbeaten and would have chimed in to be Open rep as well . People complained that dls always got the bid . This yr it wont happen, but next season I believe there will be changes to allow things settled on the field . And it will make Norcal Open rep better when they face socal rep, having played some tough games to prime them , just like they do down south . It's kind of ridiculous to decide championships 3rd week of season , don't you think ? 

Who complained that DLS always got the bid?  The Spartans generally dispatched contenders from both the SJS and CCS, which made them the obvious choice in just about every year.

Based on the guidelines set by the CIF, Rocklin had virtually no chance at being selected for the Open.  The CCS winner always had the inside track from the time that St. Francis beat De La Salle.

I'm sorry, but every game matters.

As for your playoffs make teams better... that's a futile argument.  Did Mater Dei win the SS D-I title because they got better because of the SS playoffs or did they win those playoff games because they were better?  If you've been listening to their fans all year, it's the latter.  Serra facing DLS or Folsom in playoffs wasn't going to change the result we saw on that field against Mater Dei. 

People keep on wanting to romanticize how DLS might have done, but they keep ignoring the fact that they lost to two NorCal teams this year.  The red flags aren't enough?  Do they need to be lit up in neon, too?

36 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Who complained that DLS always got the bid?  The Spartans generally dispatched contenders from both the SJS and CCS, which made them the obvious choice in just about every year.

Based on the guidelines set by the CIF, Rocklin had virtually no chance at being selected for the Open.  The CCS winner always had the inside track from the time that St. Francis beat De La Salle.

As for your playoffs make teams better... that's a futile argument.  Did Mater Dei win the SS D-I title because they got better because of the SS playoffs or did they win those playoff games because they were better?  If you've been listening to their fans all year, it's the latter.  Serra facing DLS or Folsom in playoffs wasn't going to change the result we saw on that field against Mater Dei. 

People keep on wanting to romanticize how DLS might have done, but they keep ignoring the fact that they lost to two NorCal teams this year.  The red flags aren't enough?  Do they need to be lit up in neon, too?

Sure it would have for serra .  Playing another top team or 2 before MD would have given them a better assessment of who they were, and they would have been forced to raise the level of their game before the Open . Playoffs almost always determine who the best team is at that moment . Not 3rd week of season . SF was clearly not the same team down the stretch, looking how they were playing in the playoffs .  Playoffs get rid of this controversy . Everyone benefits .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

No one is romancing how dls would have done vs MD that I know of . This was a down year obviously for dls . If they were the best team in norcal , their margin was slim . I believe they were the best , but that is only if they played their best . In order to do that they would have needed the emotion and incentive to play at their best . Their team goal is to get to the Open. Take that away from them , place them in a secondary bowl, consolation if you will , and tell them they have to run the gauntlet a second time and beat 2 teams they have crushed during season , only to have a chance to win a second place finish in norcal based on committee desires, is a disservice to them and what championship football is all about . MD has to replay the gauntlet down in socal , but the incentive never changes and the carrot is always before them . Folsom in 2018 played the whole season without that incentive before them due to an opening game loss to dls . They played listless down the stretch and it showed . I'm not trying to excuse this year's  dls loss to folsom, but to  put some perspective on it . No one it seems in norcal will anytime soon challenge the South , but at least things will be more equal when determining who the true  Norcal champ is , and that has to have some merit

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

No one is romancing how dls would have done vs MD that I know of . This was a down year obviously for dls . If they were the best team in norcal , their margin was slim . I believe they were the best , but that is only if they played their best . In order to do that they would have needed the emotion and incentive to play at their best . Their team goal is to get to the Open. Take that away from them , place them in a secondary bowl, consolation if you will , and tell them they have to run the gauntlet a second time and beat 2 teams they have crushed during season , only to have a chance to win a second place finish in norcal based on committee desires, is a disservice to them and what championship football is all about . MD has to replay the gauntlet down in socal , but the incentive never changes and the carrot is always before them . Folsom in 2018 played the whole season without that incentive before them due to an opening game loss to dls . They played listless down the stretch and it showed . I'm not trying to excuse this year's  dls loss to folsom, but to  put some perspective on it . No one it seems in norcal will anytime soon challenge the South , but at least things will be more equal when determining who the true  Norcal champ is , and that has to have some merit

Outstanding Post!!!…. 🍻

20 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

So, what you're saying is that once their toy gets taken away from them, the DLS Spartans turn into little babies and pout?

🙄

When you're done crying about this... just go ahead and accept reality.

On 12/14/2021 at 10:35 AM, PopsNW said:

They’ve had 4 or 5 D1 (1 NFL) QBs since 2000.  Most recently, Bart Houston, led them to 3 Open titles in 2009 to 2011 before leading Wisconsin to a bowl win.  

neither Gino Toretta (Heisman) nor Kyle Wright (national POY) were accepted to school 

Matt Gutierrez and Bart Houston both spend time in the NFL, so there were two since 2000. 

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

So, what you're saying is that once their toy gets taken away from them, the DLS Spartans turn into little babies and pout?

🙄

When you're done crying about this... just go ahead and accept reality.

Just determine things on the playing field . Socal figured it out a while ago . Norcal in the dark ages for playoffs

• Like 2

I think the whole system is outdated. Get rid of the section championships and play for the state championships No North vs South. That way you will get the best teams playing for the championship. I know people will say that CA have to many schools. Look at Texas and other state. They have it right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pde769 said:

I think the whole system is outdated. Get rid of the section championships and play for the state championships No North vs South. That way you will get the best teams playing for the championship. I know people will say that CA have to many schools. Look at Texas and other state. They have it right.

Totally agree on getting rid of the sections for sure. They are useless. That would be a start to a true state playoff. 

Standby on the Texas has it right? Mostly, but the division I and II split still leaves it open and I think you can get an argument of a true state champion. If Duncanville and Westlake win this week I’m sure there will be some argument of who is better.

20 minutes ago, pde769 said:

Texas almost has it right, but it's currently the worst. 

You have to find the best incentive 💰to have the sections agree to a state playoff.maybe sections having regional games for profit.Maybe having sections rotate on hosting the championship like college football does with rotating bowl venues for their playoff.What ever the answer it starts with 💰