California CIF State Bowl Championships

Cal 14

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

LOL.  Good thing they never have 2 back to back tough games.  But that is a pretty good excuse

Rocklin, DLS and cathedral are all pretty good teams I would say. This was by far Folsom’s weakest team to make it to state. The final score isn’t shocking. They already won their Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Folsom left it all on the field against DLS. Nothing left in the tank. Congrats Cathedral. 

Lucky Sutton will be on a pac 12 team I predict. 

They worked hard, but you could see the wear and tear on the defense . They weren't quite what they were last week . CC right from the start had more fire in them, except for the opening drive. CC the better team tonight

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

Never lost or had a close game with St Paul’s…they were a teir 3 Serra League team…

My favorite game vs. MD was when the Monarchs got out to a 17-0 lead and lost 31-24.  There was a post game melee and someone decked Rollo who was a MD assistant at the time.  You can read about it in the MD yearbook.

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

My favorite game vs. MD was when the Monarchs got out to a 17-0 lead and lost 31-24.  There was a post game melee and someone decked Rollo who was a MD assistant at the time.  You can read about it in the MD yearbook.

No wonder we always ran it up…

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I have a favorite game against Mater Dei too.

🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Rocklin, DLS and cathedral are all pretty good teams I would say.

Throw in this years St. Francis, Norco, MV, Los Al into that group and you would have some interesting matchups, with difficult to predict outcomes. 

Whether or not Folsom lost because they were “spent” is certainly up for debate.  CCSD was in a knock down drag out contest last week so that was a beleaguered defense that gave up 600+ yards of offense and had to recover pretty quickly.  The fact that Sutton accounted for 480 yards of offense in the game against OLU, and to play as well as he did last night is a testament to how good that kid really is. 

If the Folsom QB doesn’t throw two picks, both at very inopportune times, the outcome could certainly have been different. 

It was a competitive game between two good teams.  One team made more mistakes, and the other executed their offense better.   

If CIF SS keeps the 8 team SBG bracket next year, or takes a step backward and expands it (thereby eliminating a lot of good candidates for the 1AA slot), there’s a pretty good chance for a rematch between Folsom and CCSD. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Folsom left it all on the field against DLS. Nothing left in the tank. Congrats Cathedral. 

Lucky Sutton will be on a pac 12 team I predict. 

If you use an excuse like “left it on the field” in another game you’re not a team to be taken seriously,

• Haha 1