NJ cancels TOC championship because it’s not fair to bush league schools that elite teams still get to play

imaGoodBoyNow

36 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

So I hit DBP66 and I Am Ironman back in I think late September with the rumor I was hearing that there was acrimony in Ramsey and that Sabella was on his way out. It seemed like he had enough of the pressure cooker that some of the alumni were putting him through. They wanted to win and they felt he was mediocre but that was before they turned their season around and made a run. Would I be surprised?? No!!  Let us not forget that he left PC after 1 year to go to Ridgefield. Yes he did it to get away from that shit show over there but also he is a public school guy at heart and he likes the stability of a public job. NH has a nice program and he could be there for 25 years and no one would say boo to him. Can't blame him if he goes.

Not winning?  He’s been there for 2 full seasons, both ending at Met Life.  May have lost there but both times he was outmanned and still got to Met Life. 

15 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

Not winning?  He’s been there for 2 full seasons, both ending at Met Life.  May have lost there but both times he was outmanned and still got to Met Life. 

That was what was conveyed to me. Is winning the proper word? I don't know maybe it was the overall state of the program coupled with the increased pressure from the alumni. Either way I guess the feeling was he was on the fence as to whether it was worth battling. Winning tends to cure that but if he sticks it out and wins it all next year then I think he and he alone will get satisfaction of finally putting the last nail in the coffin of the Toal era.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 3:35 PM, Mickeybern said:

That was what was conveyed to me. Is winning the proper word? I don't know maybe it was the overall state of the program coupled with the increased pressure from the alumni. Either way I guess the feeling was he was on the fence as to whether it was worth battling. Winning tends to cure that but if he sticks it out and wins it all next year then I think he and he alone will get satisfaction of finally putting the last nail in the coffin of the Toal era.

respect for Sabella and bosco alums would be idiots to chase him away....cant say the same in Montvale....disappointed with this season for SJR...expectations were not high per say but some quality wins and then a blowout to bosco in the playoffs...not a good look.... 

On 12/9/2021 at 3:20 PM, NJ2015 said:

And don’t forget he won a ship at PC. Sabella is a great coach and Bosco is lucky to have him. He will win a few more before he’s done. 

• Like 3