The real top 10- Who is "best" now, at the end of the year

181pl

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

You said nobody could stop them.

Three single teams from Florida did stop them.

So you were wrong.

But somehow you're laughing at me?

If you want to feel right in posting 3 outlier games as proof that all teams are shutting down Bishop Gorman year to year have at it.  You win lol.

3 minutes ago, krs12345 said:

It's like in boxing when people say "Nobody can hit Floyd Mayweather"  that doesn't mean he never gets hit in a literal sense only that it's rare that he is hit hard and on a consistent basis.

Nobody can stop Gorman, except 3 of the 4 times they played a Florida team they got stopped.

So basically nobody can hit Mayweather, except when he faces good fighters.

Gotcha.

2 minutes ago, krs12345 said:

This thread was not about analyzing STA's defense it was about the fact that when teams like Corona Centennial, Gorman and Mater Dei play teams they often score a ton of points and in high school it's not always that the defense is bad when they do.

De La Salle has held Centennial to 21 points twice.

Good defense is a big part of it.

Yes, Centennial's offense is high-octane but it can be stopped with strong lines and good defensive coaching.

3 minutes ago, krs12345 said:

If you want to feel right in posting 3 outlier games as proof that all teams are shutting down Bishop Gorman year to year have at it. 

So, yes.

You think those games were outliers even though they don't really qualify.

They played three teams known for great defense from a part of the country they rarely play and got shutdown three times.

That's not an outlier.

5 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Nobody can stop Gorman, except 3 of the 4 times they played a Florida team they got stopped.

So basically nobody can hit Mayweather, except when he faces good fighters.

Gotcha.

3 minutes ago, LOSer said:

De La Salle has held Centennial to 21 points twice.

Good defense is a big part of it.

Yes, Centennial's offense is high-octane but it can be stopped with strong lines and good defensive coaching.

Again, you are picking individual games when I am talking in general terms.  I can find many individual games where STA has given up a ton of points over the last 5 years but that doesn't mean that they are a bad defensive program that can't stop anyone.  Look at the entire resume and ask yourself if these teams are being stopped on a regular basis or scoring a ton a regular basis. 

7 minutes ago, krs12345 said:

Again, you are picking individual games when I am talking in general terms.

I'm picking individual games against teams with good defenses!

I don't care what they do against Liberty or Servite or Centennial or Cedar Hill.

Those teams can't stop anyone let alone Gorman.

9 minutes ago, krs12345 said:

Look at the entire resume and ask yourself if these teams are being stopped on a regular basis or scoring a ton a regular basis. 

They don't play good or great defenses on a regular basis.

Bishop Gorman might play 2 or 3 good defenses in any given season. They score 50+ against everybody else. Hence it looks like they can't be stopped.

Centennial, Servite and Cedar Hill are bad defenses.

Here is my 2 cents on the STA subject, IMHO, STA is a very good team, and is probably in the top 5. They are clearly the most talented team in the nation, with 35-40 D1 guys on the roster. That being said, the game was not a tie, we won a very close game, which could have gone either way. WE WE'RE NOT DOMINTATED, as one has posted, we both had 2 turnovers, and BG had 310 yds of offense, compared to 256, BG 14 first downs to STA 13 first downs. Pretty clearly an even matched game. Bishop Gorman played some  good teams in Cocoa, Kahuku, Cedar Hill, and some really good teams in Bosco and STA. Again, IMHO, if STA were to play anyone, they would give them a really good game, and probably win. I'm hoping they play in the Geico game to show everyone just how good they really are.

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 9.55.45 AM.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hawaii2Gorman said:

That being said, the game was not a tie, we won a very close game, which could have gone either way.

You were down to 3 single plays that could have lost the game. One was a lucky play that should have been a penalty.

You were about as fortunate to win as any team I've seen in a long time.

9 minutes ago, Hawaii2Gorman said:

as one has posted, we both had 2 turnovers, and BG had 310 yds of offense, compared to 256, BG 14 first downs to STA 13 first downs. Pretty clearly an even matched game.

As most overtime games are.

6 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I want to know if STA has the same kid play qb.  

Yes.

The 62% completion, 25 TD, 6 INT kid.

No way we could win anything with him though.

Except 11 running clocks and an overtime game against the #1 team on the road.

51 minutes ago, LOSer said:

And I bet Vegas would throw that one out too in their evaluation.

But, again, they're sharps for a reason. You marks for totally unrelated reasons.

Yea Vegas doesn't throw out the fact that STA has the lack of focus to lose to a 4 loss team. You bet wrong.

I feel for anyone associated with STA right now. To watch you prance around here waiving the "we effectively tied Gorman even if we lost the game" flag must be excruciating embarrassment. I bet the BG guys are getting a great chuckle out of it though...so there's that.

9 minutes ago, Hawaii2Gorman said:

Again, great game, which could have gone either, but clearly BG was NOT Domintaed. We WON a very close game!

I don't think I ever used the word dominated.

7 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Yea Vegas doesn't throw out the fact that STA has the lack of focus to lose to a 4 loss team. You bet wrong.

They throw out games that had fluke outcomes and don't accurately portray a team's true ability.

That's why they're so good at it. They throw out all the unnecessary assumptions and noise.

3 hours ago, LOSer said:

No need to put that in there because you obviously are.

Which is fine.

There's no rule or law saying you can't hate on somebody or something.

Just stop saying that you aren't.

I really don't "hate" STA. I "hate" the fact that public schools have to compete with them. The tiny fraction of public schools in the entire country that could possibly defeat STA right now are:

1. Grayson

2. Carol City

3. Allen

4. Centennial

5. DeSoto

So 5 out of about 12000 or so public high schools that play football. I think its safe to say that STA has eclipsed the necessity to validate itself with championships against public schools. I'm not against an open bowl format after the season, or whatever, but to compete with lowly public instiutions like Plant for titles is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

So 5 out of about 12000 or so public high schools that play football. I think its safe to say that STA has eclipsed the necessity to validate itself with championships against public schools. Not against an open bowl format after the season, or whatever, but to compete with lowly public instiutions like Plant for titles is ridiculous. 

You just want easier access to championships for your guys.

A nice thought but not worthy of a complete reshaping of the entire structure in Florida.

8 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I really don't "hate" STA. I "hate" the fact that public schools have to compete with them.  

fair as far can be

you think it a problem in football?  It is. It's also a problem, EVEN,  in small school girls soccer and basketball

I got stories.... 

BTW, who is Allen flying in to QB next years team?;)

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

You just want easier access to championships for your guys.

A nice thought but not worthy of a complete reshaping of the entire structure in Florida.

No, not just for Plant. But for every public school. As I said in another post on another site, Plant has an excellent program built by its coaches, admin., and alumn. In a public school class, they would be in the mix some years and other times they wouldn't . Especially once we make the classes larger. But they, along with every other public school in the state with the exception of an occasional Miami Central/BTW/Carol City, can never compete with a school like STA when it is permitted to stack its roster with 45+ D1's.

The complete restructuring is very simple. It simply requires the FHSAA to make a couple of private school classes. Don't worry, you guys will dominate that one as well.  Alternatively, the privates can form an entirely separate organization that excuslively meets the needs of its members. The FHSAA would still allow the privates to schedule some public schools so they could fill out their schedules, but they would compete only against other private schools for their championshps. This should be the same way in all sports, not just football (to answer the question of Nooner).

3 hours ago, krs12345 said:

Bosco's defense is not garbage.  The problem with most fans here is that they don't get the level of offensive fire power teams like Mater Dei, Corona Centennial (who put 49 on IMG when nobody else came close to doing that) and Bishop Gorman have.  No team can stop these teams no matter what and its been proven over and over again.  Bosco's only two losses (one avenged) were to those two teams and they led both games into the 3 quarter.  Let a Georgia or Texas team play at Gorman and see what number they put on them too. 

I agree but DLS and MD have played games with CC where their defense was able to keep the score down. There may not be many examples but there are a few.  Just saying it can be done.

I know that playing CC for the 1st time, they could score 40 before you realize what's happening. I Wonder how IMG would fare today?