The real top 10- Who is "best" now, at the end of the year

181pl

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

What I really enjoy is that people who hate me are forced to say really ridiculous things because of their rage.

Or NickMalibu is just clueless.

Either or.

I'm not clueless. You have no clue what you are even engaged in currently. If we were debating actual rules, top 100 wins or a W-L record then you would have a way of proving me wrong or stupid. You view OT wins/losses as effective ties. I view them as a win or a loss in an extra period. It's just one person's view against another person's view. Your effective tie theory fits your STA agenda because they lost an OT game and that's all they really have to hang onto this season. Your name calling doesn't make your view more right no matter how many times you repeat yourself. Calling someone stupid for not sharing your exact same view shows frustration and ignorance. Knowing that, what does this make you?

I think your argument is trash and loser talk, but I don't think you're stupid. I think you're trying your hardest to discredit overtime wins and give hope to those who are hanging on by an OT loss. I wouldn't expect anything less of you...

32 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I'm not clueless.

You're the only source for this claim.

So not very reliable.

You've just argued for a page or more that overtime is not a tie-breaking mechanism.

How much of a clue could that person have?

32 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

You view OT wins/losses as effective ties. I view them as a win or a loss in an extra period

It's not an extra period.

So you continue down this path of saying whatever silly thing comes to your mind first.

But, hey, you're the guy who's claiming that overtime is not a tie-breaking mechanism.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:35 AM, 181pl said:

1. STA- Bad coaching led to BTW fluke loss; Should have beat BG with ease. Somehow pissed away a game they dominated. Something clicked and now they are playing to their potential. Every win this team has had has been by a running clock. And they don't play in soft Nevada. 40 or so players on the roster with D1 offers just in the Sr. and Jr. classes. Look it up on 247 sports if you don't believe me. Use the "school" recruitment filter. 

2. Gorman- Ballsiest team and has a lot of talent; Team with most heart, by far, on this list.

3. IMG- Overwhelming talent; vanilla play on both sides of ball or this would be your #1 team.

4. SJB- Speed and skill, but garbage defense compared to most on this list.

5. Grayson- If they would have beat IMG, they'd be in the NC conversation

6. MD- Great skill. California soft of defense.

7. Carol City- Stifling defense and athletes all over; play in the heart of the meat grinder. Miami-Dade.

8. Allen- Great team; Texas has no defense

9. DeMatha- Play in MD, so to win NC, they need to schedule the perceived powers (STA, BG, IMG, SJB, MD, etc.)

10. DeSoto- Might be better than Allen. Dumb Texas playoff format so we'll never know.

Bogus poll 

lol at Texas doesn't have defense -  Allen beat not 1 but 2 out of state champions (Hoover in AL and ECA in LA)  They gave up 7 points vs Hoover and 10 points vs ECA

34 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Your effective tie theory fits your STA agenda because they lost an OT game and that's all they really have to hang onto this season.

It fits with every logical system for analyzing the strength of teams.

I guarantee you that Vegas would have Bishop Gorman as 14-0-1 and STA as 11-1-1 in their strength rating records.

Why?

Because they understand that overtime doesn't tell you anything about the quality of a team. Strength is based on a football game. 48 minutes.

Most good computer ratings probably have an overtime metric built-in. At least the ones worth anything.

39 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Calling someone stupid for not sharing your exact same view shows frustration and ignorance. Knowing that, what does this make you?

It's not what you think.  It's how you think.

That's what makes you stupid.

Say it out loud.

You just argued that  overtime is not a tie-breaking mechanism.

But I'm out of line for calling you stupid?

39 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I think your argument is trash and loser talk.

You don't know what you're talking about.

If so then you must think that the best people in the world at strength analysis (Vegas) are trash and losers.

40 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

but I don't think you're stupid. 

Of course not.

You have no basis for it.

You, however, just claimed that overtime is not a tie-breaking mechanism.

Marinate in that for a moment.

12 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Completely agree.

Whats even more so laughable... is they are being championed by a guy that thinks every team sucks. Except a team with no wins of note & 2 losses.

Dwyer, Venice, Flanagan. These are "wins of note". Good Florida teams that would beat many teams in this "mythical top 100" everyone refers to. Whose top 100? Go back to the Max Preps rankings and all of those teams would be near or in their top 100 at the time STA played them. Also, Plant is 37th this week in the MaxPreps rankings. They will probably fall back to around 100 after STA whomps them. But don't pretend STA has played "nobody". They've played several very good HS teams that would challenge for state titles in a lot of places. Just not in FLA where the powers that be allow a super team with 40+ D1 recruits to compete with public schools (the only private school in 7A coincidentially).

I know, LOS will say sour grapes. But is undeniable that its time to seperate teams like STA so they can compete with their own kind. No way Plant could ever recruit 40 D1 players like STA. Not hating on STA. They are what they are and they are damn good at it. But they should compete with the IMGs, AHPs,Gormans, SBJs, MDs, Don Boscos, etc. of the world. 

4 minutes ago, LOSer said:

You're the only source for this claim.

So not very reliable.

You've just argued for a page or more that overtime is not a tie-breaking mechanism.

How much of a clue could that person have?

Everything after the first kickoff whistle is a tie breaking mechanism. And? The entire reason for overtime is to establish a winner and a loser.  Nobody in football(I'm guessing that you never played) wants anything to do with a tie. 

9 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Not hating on STA.

No need to put that in there because you obviously are.

Which is fine.

There's no rule or law saying you can't hate on somebody or something.

Just stop saying that you aren't.

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

You don't know what you're talking about.

If so then you must think that the best people in the world at strength analysis (Vegas) are trash and losers.

Vegas takes a lot of variables into consideration when gauging the strength of a team because it's in the business of making money, not rewarding a team for what it's done on the field. Under this logic, we'd still rank teams on potential in December. You've dug deeper in to the realm of not making any sense.

24 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Vegas takes a lot of variables into consideration when gauging the strength of a team because it's in the business of making money

Which serves as the greatest incentive to being right.

One of those variables is not overtime tiebreakers starting at the 10-yard-line.

On 12/4/2016 at 7:35 AM, 181pl said:

1. STA- Bad coaching led to BTW fluke loss; Should have beat BG with ease. Somehow pissed away a game they dominated. Something clicked and now they are playing to their potential. Every win this team has had has been by a running clock. And they don't play in soft Nevada. 40 or so players on the roster with D1 offers just in the Sr. and Jr. classes. Look it up on 247 sports if you don't believe me. Use the "school" recruitment filter. 

2. Gorman- Ballsiest team and has a lot of talent; Team with most heart, by far, on this list.

3. IMG- Overwhelming talent; vanilla play on both sides of ball or this would be your #1 team.

4. SJB- Speed and skill, but garbage defense compared to most on this list.

5. Grayson- If they would have beat IMG, they'd be in the NC conversation

6. MD- Great skill. California soft of defense.

7. Carol City- Stifling defense and athletes all over; play in the heart of the meat grinder. Miami-Dade.

8. Allen- Great team; Texas has no defense

9. DeMatha- Play in MD, so to win NC, they need to schedule the perceived powers (STA, BG, IMG, SJB, MD, etc.)

10. DeSoto- Might be better than Allen. Dumb Texas playoff format so we'll never know.

Bosco's defense is not garbage.  The problem with most fans here is that they don't get the level of offensive fire power teams like Mater Dei, Corona Centennial (who put 49 on IMG when nobody else came close to doing that) and Bishop Gorman have.  No team can stop these teams no matter what and its been proven over and over again.  Bosco's only two losses (one avenged) were to those two teams and they led both games into the 3 quarter.  Let a Georgia or Texas team play at Gorman and see what number they put on them too. 

26 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

not rewarding a team for what it's done on the field

How can they pick so many winners and rate teams so accurately if they're not judging performance on the field?

You're a clown.

27 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Under this logic, we'd still rank teams on potential in December.

STA is being ranked on what they've done.

11 running clocks and a tie at Bishop Gorman.

28 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

You've dug deeper in to the realm of not making any sense.

I don't want to make sense to clueless clowns who say stupid things regularly.

2 minutes ago, krs12345 said:

No team can stop these teams no matter what and its been proven over and over again.

STA held Gorman to 10 points.

But apparently they're not a top 10 team so I'm not sure how 'good' teams would do it.

Beats me.

Just now, krs12345 said:

What game are you referring?  This year the score was #10 Aquinas [St. Thomas] (Fort Lauderdale, FL) (25-24) .  They held them to 25 points not 10.

3 overtimes.

10 points, tough guy.

1 minute ago, krs12345 said:

It doesn't matter how many OT's they scored 25 points in the game not 10

This board is full of some of the stupidest people I've ever seen.

In overtime the ball is placed at the 10 yard line. Giving up points in that format is not equivalent to the 35 points Bosco surrendered in regulation.

What's more is that Gorman only scored twice in those three overtimes. One time they scored on 4th down.

They were getting stifled all night by STA's defense.

So when you say nobody can stop those teams, speak for yourself.

4 minutes ago, LOSer said:

This board is full of some of the stupidest people I've ever seen.

In overtime the ball is placed at the 10 yard line. Giving up points in that format is not equivalent to the 35 points Bosco surrendered in regulation.

What's more is that Gorman only scored twice in those three overtimes. One time they scored on 4th down.

They were getting stifled all night by STA's defense.

So when you say nobody can stop those teams, speak for yourself.

OK and in College its at the 25 so do you not count the final score for that as well?  It's the rules of the game.  But if you need to feel good about STA for some reason have at it.  They are always a good team and will probably win one of Florida's myriad division titles again.  Good for you.  Bottom line is that Gorman is the clear #1 and has taken on all comers for years. 

1 minute ago, NicholasMalibu said:

This is a top 10 thread, not a betting thread. 

More nonsense from a clueless boob.

Vegas is in the business of accurately rating teams and then setting lines. They have as much incentive as anybody to be right.

The methods they use are sound. The ones you use are crackpot.