The real top 10- Who is "best" now, at the end of the year

181pl

28 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

The fact that a two loss team with zero top 100 wins being mentioned on this thread is laughable. 

Nobody suggested that they should be crowned national champion.

You just made that up.

And it's laughable that one of the best teams in the country with some of the best talent who was preseason #1 is mentioned in a thread about best teams?

Yeah, man. Laughable.

29 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

I didn't fabricate anything. STA is obviously not going to be anywhere close to the MNC. You know that. I know that. Everyone on this site knows that. The fact that a two loss team with zero top 100 wins being mentioned on this thread is laughable. 

Completely agree.

Whats even more so laughable... is they are being championed by a guy that thinks every team sucks. Except a team with no wins of note & 2 losses.

6 minutes ago, LOSer said:

No it's actually a remedy to tie games.

It's incredible that you are this stupid and obtuse.

Soon you'll be arguing that PK's in soccer are not effective ties.

PK's in soccer are like a football game ending in a field goal competition after an overtime period. You saying that PK's are effective ties like football OT tells me everything that I need to know about your argument. Trash. 

Random side question...Are you DannyBoy Cane from CanesTime? 

23 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

PK's in soccer are like a football game ending in a field goal competition after an overtime period. You saying that PK's are effective ties like football OT tells me everything that I need to know about your argument. Trash. 

You are seriously a stupid human being.

20 years ago there were ties in football. They implemented overtime to settle those ties.

But somehow a game that is tied after 48 minutes is not an effective tie. The team that wins is therefore better.

Total silliness.

26 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

PK's in soccer are like a football game ending in a field goal competition after an overtime period.

Also, it's not about how the tie is settled. It's the fact that it's settled by some means at all.

Placing the ball at the 10 yard line to start OT is not normal football.

It's a method to break ties.

This board has some really stupid people. And what's more is that these already stupid people become increasingly unhinged because they hate me.

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

You are seriously a stupid human being.

20 years ago there were ties in football. They implemented overtime to settle those ties.

But somehow a game that is tied after 48 minutes is not an effective tie. The team that wins is therefore better.

Total silliness.

I really don't like personal attacks like "you are seriously a stupid human being."  This is a new board, Canes:  please, a bit more consideration.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LOSer said:

Also, it's not about how the tie is settled. It's the fact that it's settled by some means at all.

Placing the ball at the 10 yard line to start OT is not normal football.

It's a method to break ties.

This board has some really stupid people. And what's more is that these already stupid people become increasingly unhinged because they hate me.

Overtime is an extra period of play to decide a winner. The game starts as a tie so everything after the first whistle is a method to break that tie. 

You're squerming around with the PK's comment. Football isn't settled with a field goal competition. It's settled with 11 players from each team on the field.

I don't hate you at all. Not even close. I think that you're hilarious. 

19 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Actually There are very good defensive teams in Calif.  If they played a BNU schedule or a GA schedule, the Top Calif schools would have multiple winning  56-7 or 28-3 games for the entire schedule.

What skews the defensive stats is the tremendous offenses the Top Calif schools play.

exhibit A - SJB vs SPP

exhibit B - SJB vs. St.X

exhibit C - Cen10 vs The Bishop

Exhibit D - Cen10 vs IMG

exhibit E - Amat vs Aledo

Good post Sammy but two things. There is no BNU and no GA team plays a top schedule which is what is being spoken to. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 181pl said:

1. STA- Bad coaching led to BTW fluke loss; Should have beat BG with ease. Somehow pissed away a game they dominated. Something clicked and now they are playing to their potential. Every win this team has had has been by a running clock. And they don't play in soft Nevada. 40 or so players on the roster with D1 offers just in the Sr. and Jr. classes. Look it up on 247 sports if you don't believe me. Use the "school" recruitment filter. 

2. Gorman- Ballsiest team and has a lot of talent; Team with most heart, by far, on this list.

3. IMG- Overwhelming talent; vanilla play on both sides of ball or this would be your #1 team.

4. SJB- Speed and skill, but garbage defense compared to most on this list.

5. Grayson- If they would have beat IMG, they'd be in the NC conversation

6. MD- Great skill. California soft of defense.

7. Carol City- Stifling defense and athletes all over; play in the heart of the meat grinder. Miami-Dade.

8. Allen- Great team; Texas has no defense

9. DeMatha- Play in MD, so to win NC, they need to schedule the perceived powers (STA, BG, IMG, SJB, MD, etc.)

10. DeSoto- Might be better than Allen. Dumb Texas playoff format so we'll never know.

Great post. 

I love silly homer stuff as much as I like it when Canes calls names and people implode. 

1 hour ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Overtime is an extra period of play to decide a winner.

No it's not.

It's an un-timed set of downs (no first downs) where the ball is placed at the 10 yard line.

In fact the current system used by the NFHS is called the Kansas Tiebreaker.

You basically couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

The game starts as a tie so everything after the first whistle is a method to break that tie.

Good God.

Just stop commenting. Period.

Never again post on this forum about football.

You're squerming around with the PK's comment. Football isn't settled with a field goal competition. It's settled with 11 players from each team on the field.

It's not normal football rules. It's a unique situation used to break a tie.

It can be as fluky as any overtime format in sports.

Have you ever played competitive athletics?

How can somebody be as stupid as you are?

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

Over time rules are so different across the country.  

In Kentucky you get 4 initial plays from the 10.  In Ohio you start at the 20.  Texas uses college rules so they start from the 25.  I don't know how the other states do it.

Texas and Massachusetts use college rules but I thought the NFHS standardized overtime to the Kansas Tiebreaker.

If that's not the case it's even more random than I originally argued/

Yet NickMalibu says one of the stupidest things ever uttered about overtime.

Go figure.

11 minutes ago, LOSer said:

No it's not.

It's an un-timed set of downs (no first downs) where the ball is placed at the 10 yard line.

In fact the current system used by the NFHS is called the Kansas Tiebreaker.

You basically couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Anything more than 4 quarters is surely considered "extra" to a sane person.

7 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Anything more than 4 quarters is surely considered "extra" to a sane person.

What I really enjoy is that people who hate me are forced to say really ridiculous things because of their rage.

Or NickMalibu is just clueless.

Either or.