The real top 10- Who is "best" now, at the end of the year

181pl

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB executed a game plan. No more no less.

saying SJB plays conservative defense, judged  by watching last night is equivalent to saying Ali had no foot. Speed judged by watching him Rope a dope George Foreman.

What I was trying to say is they have the ability to play more shut down D if they wanted.   What they did worked perfect in the game last night, I'm sure they watched more film on MD than I have lol.   

The SJB D doesn't suck. Its the style of play in Cali and Texas. Its acceptable to give up 40. Its not in the South. Just a different mind set. That said, Plant has a very good hs  defense but they will give up 50 this week to a recruited super team that is clicking.

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

But at the same time they had their chances to be in the conversation, but hey they lost 2 games (In the worst type of shitty ways lol).   

Don't expect consistency from sammyswordsman.

40 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Sorry but STA is just not in the conversation for Top 5 maybe even Top 10.

Here is their condensed  resume.

1. No Top 100 wins

2. Multiple losses.

bye

I can dig this argument, but if you think STA isn't as good as those teams if they played right now solely because they don't have a top 100 win I think you're mistaken.   Not really talking rankings.         

Just now, 181pl said:

The SJB D doesn't suck. Its the style of play in Cali and Texas. Its acceptable to give up 40. Its not in the South. Just a different mind set. That said, Plant has a very good hs  defense but they will give up 50 this week to a recruited super team that is clicking.

SJB has given up 40+ only twice in the last 2 years and both times were to Cen10. Cen10 puts up 40+ on everyone they play.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I can dig this argument, but if you think STA isn't as good as those teams if they played right now solely because they don't have a top 100 win I think you're mistaken.

It's not mistaken.

It's incredibly stupid.

It's ECHS, MaximumHornetSting kind of stupid.

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I can dig this argument, but if you think STA isn't as good as those teams if they played right now solely because they don't have a top 100 win I think you're mistaken.   Not really talking rankings.         

I'm not saying STA isn't very good, because they are.   I'm just pointing out that they choked when it counted.  Just like Centennial.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I'm not saying STA isn't very good, because they are.   I'm just pointing out that they choked when it counted.  Just like Centennial.  

Or they had two referee decisions go against them that would have likely overturned each result.

But continue with the silly and incoherent arguments.

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Excuse thread material.

News flash: HS games are 48 minutes.... Not 2 plays

Rational analysis material.

Again, that's why Vegas takes money from losers like you.

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Actually There are very good defensive teams in Calif.  If they played a BNU schedule or a GA schedule, the Top Calif schools would have multiple winning  56-7 or 28-3 games for the entire schedule.

What skews the defensive stats is the tremendous offenses the Top Calif schools play.

exhibit A - SJB vs SPP

exhibit B - SJB vs. St.X

exhibit C - Cen10 vs The Bishop

Exhibit D - Cen10 vs IMG

exhibit E - Amat vs Aledo

St X and "tremendous offense" have nothing in common.  Absurd much?

X is renowned for defense. Period.

26 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Let's just call those two losses "effective ties" and name STA national champion.

Never said that.

More lying from NickyMalibu.

They obviously won't be in any national championship discussion with 2 losses but that doesn't matter to the argument about who's the best team.

If Bubba Bolden mistimes his jump by a nanosecond or the referee throws the flag (like he should have) your argument would be totally different and that's completely absurd.

Its this kind of silliness that makes this group of posters so laughably incompetent and incoherent.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

St X and "tremendous offense" have nothing in common.  Absurd much?

X is renowned for defense. Period.

I don't think Sammy did a good job of being clear in his example. St. X might be known for their defense, but SJB put up 34 on them and that was when Mitchell was still just getting his feet wet. SJB's offense is much better right now than it was when when they played St. X. I think the point Sammy is trying to make is that it's not just CA teams having trouble stopping the elite offensive CA teams, which Sammy's list above illustrates. If you are going to criticize CA teams for not playing defense, you have to say the same thing about all of the OOS opponents who had the same problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 181pl said:

1. STA- Bad coaching led to BTW fluke loss; Should have beat BG with ease. Somehow pissed away a game they dominated. Something clicked and now they are playing to their potential. Every win this team has had has been by a running clock. And they don't play in soft Nevada. 40 or so players on the roster with D1 offers just in the Sr. and Jr. classes. Look it up on 247 sports if you don't believe me. Use the "school" recruitment filter. 

2. Gorman- Ballsiest team and has a lot of talent; Team with most heart, by far, on this list.

3. IMG- Overwhelming talent; vanilla play on both sides of ball or this would be your #1 team.

4. SJB- Speed and skill, but garbage defense compared to most on this list.

5. Grayson- If they would have beat IMG, they'd be in the NC conversation

6. MD- Great skill. California soft of defense.

7. Carol City- Stifling defense and athletes all over; play in the heart of the meat grinder. Miami-Dade.

8. Allen- Great team; Texas has no defense

9. DeMatha- Play in MD, so to win NC, they need to schedule the perceived powers (STA, BG, IMG, SJB, MD, etc.)

10. DeSoto- Might be better than Allen. Dumb Texas playoff format so we'll never know.

WELL, the transfer bitches at Grayson finally learned everybody's name about mid season! And SINCE then, they are making a mockery of the GHSA 7A playoffs! They had #12 ranked Mill Creek 38-7 the other night, before they relaxed and went on cruise control! Right now, there ain't NOBODY gonna beat Grayson! And I HATE the very FIBER of their BEING!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 181pl said:

You don't watch ANY texas football.  Hoover scored 7 on allen 14 on grayson. Cedar hill and cocoa were about ranked evenly in their respective states.  They allowed about the same pts to Gorman..oops!   If you're going to compare at least do it with the SAME teams.

7 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

WELL, the transfer bitches at Grayson finally learned everybody's name about mid season! And SINCE then, they are making a mockery of the GHSA 7A playoffs! They had #12 ranked Mill Creek 38-7 the other night, before they relaxed and went on cruise control! Right now, there ain't NOBODY gonna beat Grayson! And I HATE the very FIBER of their BEING!

Grayson wont lose any attention soon. they got 3 5*'s on the way and several other kids have announced plans to transfer there from all over the  Atlanta metro. 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

You don't watch ANY texas football.  Hoover scored 7 on allen 14 on grayson. Cedar hill and cocoa were about ranked evenly in their respective states.  They allowed about the same pts to Gorman..oops!   If you're going to compare at least do it with the SAME teams.

I always watch the Texas pinball finals on FoxSports. I watch their best teams go up and down the field like basketball teams.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

I always watch the Texas pinball finals on FoxSports. I watch their best teams go up and down the field like basketball teams.

No you don't, bc if you did you would know teams like katy, north shore, LT, steele are good defensive teams that don't allow teams to go up and down the field like pinballs.  You have to witness a large sampling to draw such a conclusion.

like I said, see results of OOS common opponents and the defensive effort looks comparable