Colquitt Should Have Their 10th Game

Rufus69

For Nolebull...

Georgias Top 10 OOS opponents for 2017

1. Hoover AL (CP Preseason #1 in AL)

2. John Curtis LA (CP Preseason #1 in LA)

3. South Pointe SC (CP Preseason #1 in SC)

4. Bishop Sullivan VA (CP Preseason #1 in VA)

5. Valor Christian CO (CP Preseason #1 in CO)

6. Venice FL (CP Preseason #11 in FL)

7. Spartanburg SC (CP Preseason #4 in SC)

8. Baylor TN (Preseason #5 TN)

9. Vista Murrieta CA (Preseason #21 in SoCal, and would-be Preseason #6 in NorCal)

#10 could be a team like Knoxville Catholic TN (Knox. Cath. crushed 14-1 KY 3A State Champ Belfry 45-20 last year OOS, they were #1 in TN for a while after that game).....  Defending AL 6A State Champ Ramsay AL.... Melbourne Central Catholic FL (the way yall Floridians have talked about them atleast)... Bartram Trail FL (if they are really Preseason #20 in FL) ... or University Christian FL (2-time defending FL 2A State Champ)

• Like 1

Loyola Academy is literally top 1-3 every year in IL. 

They are playing Bishop Amat.

Everyone keeps saying thats going to be a good game.

But VM is better than Bishop Amat... they beat them by 2 TDs last year. 

And apparently Colquitt vs VM is a huge mismatch... even though Colquitt is coming off of a 5-loss season losing many, many starters.

Is Colquitt just that much better than THE premier team in IL? Because CP has Illinois ranked as the #4 state now (or is it #3? I think they even jumped FL).

Theres something just not adding up.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Loyola Academy is literally top 1-3 every year in IL. 

They are playing Bishop Amat.

Everyone keeps saying thats going to be a good game.

But VM is better than Bishop Amat... they beat them by 2 TDs last year. 

And apparently Colquitt vs VM is a huge mismatch... even though Colquitt is coming off of a 5-loss season losing many, many starters.

Is Colquitt just that much better than THE premier team in IL? Because CP has Illinois ranked as the #4 state now (or is it #3? I think they even jumped FL).

Theres something just not adding up.

Who's everybody? The only stuff I have read on this forum about that game is that Loyola Academy may start slow but are the definite favorite 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

For Nolebull...

9. Vista Murrieta CA (Preseason #21 in SoCal, and would-be Preseason #6 in NorCal)

#10 could be a team like Knoxville Catholic TN (Knox. Cath. crushed 14-1 KY 3A State Champ Belfry 45-20 last year OOS, they were #1 in TN for a while after that game).....  Defending AL 6A State Champ Ramsay AL.... Melbourne Central Catholic FL (the way yall Floridians have talked about them atleast)... Bartram Trail FL (if they are really Preseason #20 in FL) ... or University Christian FL (2-time defending FL 2A State Champ)

Stop using calpreps

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

For Nolebull...

This is good but please match up these teams with their OOS opponent please!

thank you in advance 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

I hope you don't mean #1 overall? They were #1 in their classification, but never overall. 

I actually just mean at CP... for a few weeks, they were #1 in the state. I realize they werent the best in the state. 

They were upset by Fulton in the playoffs, but were still probably the best team in 4A.

They have an interesting OOS game vs ELCA GA this season. Where do they stand this year? I dont know much about them except that they have the #2 OT in the country , 5* Cade Mays.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

This is good but please match up these teams with their OOS opponent please!

thank you in advance 😃

With the GA teams they are playing? 

1. Hoover AL vs Grayson (7A)

2. John Curtis LA vs Grayson (7A)

3. South Pointe SC vs Buford (5A)

4. Bishop Sullivan VA vs Colquitt Co.(7A)

5. Valor Christian CO vs Greater Atl. Christian (3A)

6. Venice FL vs Camden Co. (7A)

7. Spartanburg SC vs Etowah (7A)

8. Baylor TN vs Marist (4A)

9. Vista Murrieta CA vs Colquitt Co. (7A)

10. Knoxville Catholic TN vs ELCA (GAs 2 time defending 1A Private State Champs)

Ramsay AL vs Grayson (7A)

MCC FL vs Buford (5A)

Bartram Trail FL vs Cartersville (5A)

University Christian FL vs Coffee (6A)

Theres quite a few more decent teams in there... just no room for em. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

You've spent most of your adult life bashing calpreps.....making people vomit daily.

You've posted thread after thread after thread of 2500 word essays (high school level) raging on calpreps.

Tell the truth........you voted trump.

Yeah, sorry... I forgot you were at a 4th grade reading level.. no wonder you could never understand.

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Just for clarity... which ranking are you arguing with?

Let me guess... VM... the sandbagging BS continues. Because the rest are pretty normal.

I'm not arguing any of the rankings,  I'm just saying use something else like their state rankings from palmetto talk etc

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I'm not arguing any of the rankings,  I'm just saying use something else like their state rankings from palmetto talk etc

Its a lot of work to start looking up state rankings from sources within each of those states... I wasnt trying to get into all that.

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I actually just mean at CP... for a few weeks, they were #1 in the state. I realize they werent the best in the state. 

They were upset by Fulton in the playoffs, but were still probably the best team in 4A.

They have an interesting OOS game vs ELCA GA this season. Where do they stand this year? I dont know much about them except that they have the #2 OT in the country , 5* Cade Mays.

Well, first off, don't use Calpreps as a ranking resource. They are terrible at that! Calpreps is a great resource to use 'toward' a ranking, not for an actual ranking. They have an excellent compilation of every score from every team in the country. That is very useful to have when making a ranking, but not for an 'actual' ranking. 

That being said, Knox Catholic was a good team last year for 4A, but they weren't going to beat the big privates (BA,MBA,Ensworth, etc.) or the bigger public schools like Maryville, Whitehaven, Oakland, Blackman, etc. Even Alcoa (a smaller 3A school) would've beaten them. Alcoa is akin to Buford or Cartersville, though. I think ELCA/Catholic will be an interesting game.

On a side note, Knox Catholic is stepping up this year and playing BA. Maybe KC thinks they have something special this  year? Who knows? 

37 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Well, first off, don't use Calpreps as a ranking resource. They are terrible at that! Calpreps is a great resource to use 'toward' a ranking, not for an actual ranking. They have an excellent compilation of every score from every team in the country. That is very useful to have when making a ranking, but not for an 'actual' ranking. 

That being said, Knox Catholic was a good team last year for 4A, but they weren't going to beat the big privates (BA,MBA,Ensworth, etc.) or the bigger public schools like Maryville, Whitehaven, Oakland, Blackman, etc. Even Alcoa (a smaller 3A school) would've beaten them. Alcoa is akin to Buford or Cartersville, though. I think ELCA/Catholic will be an interesting game.

On a side note, Knox Catholic is stepping up this year and playing BA. Maybe KC thinks they have something special this  year? Who knows? 

Im pretty sure you know I dont like CalPreps, although their state rankings are legit enough to use casually after a bit. I take that back... their Class Rankings within States may be ok...my actual point was, I remember Knox. Catholic being seen as one of the best in TN last year... and they had a very good offense. I Idk what they bring back so Im not sure where they stand this coming season.

I know they were upset in the playoffs last year by a team they beat handily in the regular season... did they have any players hurt in the playoffs?

Where would you rank Knox. Catholic, Baylor, and McCallie this year in TN?

Knox. Catholic vs ELCA will definitely be interesting. ELCA has been to 3 straight 1A Private State Championships and won the last 2.