Mater Dei - 28 vs SJB - 42 FINAL

Sammyswordsman

Century power rating performances currently...  potential for 4 after next week or none if DLS and Roswell have a say.  

St. John Bosco:  08/27  Beat St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH) 34-0 [opponent rating: 72.7] [performance: 100.7**] 

Bishop Gorman:  09/09   Beat St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) 35-20 [opponent rating: 85.3] [performance: 100.3]

St. John Bosco:  12/03   Beat Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 42-28 [opponent rating: 84.9] [performance: 99.9*] [1 championship]   

IMG:  08/27   Beat Grayson (Loganville, GA) 26-7 [opponent rating: 78.6] [performance: 97.6]   

Here's some new info from my CIF source re: the incident last night.

Since Angel Stadium is a baseball stadium, there isn't a typical area for coaches to sit up in the box. The coaches were put up in the suites near midfield. Angel Stadium didn't really think thing through I guess and sold out all of the additional suites ($$). This resulted in some Mater Dei fans occupying the suite immediately adjacent to the SJB coaches. Some of the Mater Dei fans were drinking and started instigating the SJB coaching staff in the suite next to them. Negro pulled the team from the field until security could get things under control. One of the MD fans was arrested and several of them were removed from the stadium.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Here's some new info from my CIF source re: the incident last night.

Since Angel Stadium is a baseball stadium, there isn't a typical area for coaches to sit up in the box. The coaches were put up in the suites near midfield. Angel Stadium didn't really think thing through I guess and sold out all of the additional suites ($$). This resulted in some Mater Dei fans occupying the suite immediately adjacent to the SJB coaches. Some of the Mater Dei fans were drinking and started instigating the SJB coaching staff in the suite next to them. Negro pulled the team from the field until security could get things under control. One of the MD fans was arrested and several of them were removed from the stadium.

And MD fans didn't think this would spark the SJB team for messing with their coaches? Sometimes people just don't think.

12 hours ago, steeler01 said:

SJB is the worst match up for DLS in the state the last 5 years.

I see a 27-14 type of game going Bosco's way.

Its acutely worse this year. When DLS is on offense, SJB can stack the box and feel absolutely confident they can play one on one on the outside. Other teams have stacked the box, but they are also not physical enough to stop the run...SJB is. When DLS is on defense, they are typically poor at stopping scrambling quarterbacks. If Re-al finds scrambling lanes, he will gash their defense. DLS can counter that by spying Re-Al, but that means more one on one's in the secondary, which is really suspect this year for DLS. This is really not a good matchup for DLS. They will keep it respectable, but I see it a one more TD than you have it. When I think about it, I don't think there is a single position matchup DLS wins.

PS: obviously 3 TD's doesn't sound that respectable, but I mean they won't be Liberty'd

• Like 1