OT: Today's Pot-Stirring Query

Rufus69

42 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

How long will it be before America has its own version of the Nazi SS?

Papers?

Rufus>>

Well, some of my friends on the Left have been telling me for years that the police are Nazis.

And now I hear that Trump is literally Hitler. 

And yesterday my 10-year-old son asked me why Trump was trying to kick everyone who isn't Christian out of the country. He gets out more than I do. So I think he's got a better drop on what's going on in the streets. 

So maybe the answer to the query is "Sooner than you think." 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Well, some of my friends on the Left have been telling me for years that the police are Nazis.

And now I hear that Trump is literally Hitler. 

And yesterday my 10-year-old son asked me why Trump was trying to kick everyone who isn't Christian out of the country. He gets out more than I do. So I think he's got a better drop on what's going on in the streets. 

So maybe the answer to the query is "Sooner than you think." 

I do not think Trumpy is Hitler.  But some of his tactics are getting a tad scary.  And...it's not just him.  A lot of people are moving....Alt-Right...and I'm not sure they understand the consequences.  Now I don't think being the left of Marx is the answer either.  But I honestly think if left unchecked...Trumpy is gonna bury us all.

Rufus>>

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I do not think Trumpy is Hitler.  But some of his tactics are getting a tad scary.  And...it's not just him.  A lot of people are moving....Alt-Right...and I'm not sure they understand the consequences.  Now I don't think being the left of Marx is the answer either.  But I honestly think if left unchecked...Trumpy is gonna bury us all.

Rufus>>

The attack on the media is thing that bothers me the most.   The fact that some of our fellow Americans are going along with it is truly disappointing. Imo.  

Why do you say a lot of people are moving alt-right?  I was thinking that they have a solid base but are not growing in popularity.  I would hate to be wrong on that one but wouldn't be surprised.  

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

You've been around longer than I have. So you're probably right.

Let me know when it's time to storm the castle.

I'm not much for Nazis. 

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Strange.

The US used to be both the fascist- and the Communist-killer. 

Now our Right calls the Left Communists and our Left calls the Right fascists.

To whom do we turn?

• Like 1

The fake news schtick is pretty old already. So yeah, attacking the media for reporting on what you're doing started out being a tad scary, but now it's more hilarious, because it's just that laughable.

The scariest part coming from this guy is now the screaming that the senate should change the filibuster rule etc.

No! It will be time to storm the castle at that point imo.

8 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Strange.

To whom do we turn?

We turn to reasonable people that will work together in spite of ideological belief. 

As soon as we see an elected official refusing to compromise on everything, it's time to switch elected officials.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We turn to reasonable people that will work together in spite of ideological belief. 

As soon as we see an elected official refusing to compromise on everything, it's time to switch elected officials.

Sorry, Hawg.

"Jesus" was the correct answer. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

How long will it be before America has its own version of the Nazi SS?

Papers?

Rufus>>

The Dems have had their brown shirt groups for years

don't you realize all their angst is orchestrsted and for profit?  What else is sending busloads of demonstrators to your opponents' rallies

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Anyone that compromises on everything has no principles

I get your point but this country has been dragged to the left by compromise after compromise these last 240 years 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

What are you guys going to storm the castle with? Sticks and rocks? Remember your party is against owning guns. Or automatic weapons. Good luck with that massacre. 

Negative.

I have friends out in the sticks of Idaho and other such places who are well right of the Right and who have been stockpiling weapons for years.

I'll be "good" when the time comes. 

1 hour ago, Pops said:

The Dems have had their brown shirt groups for years

don't you realize all their angst is orchestrsted and for profit?  What else is sending busloads of demonstrators to your opponents' rallies

I get your point but this country has been dragged to the left by compromise after compromise these last 240 years 

that last 240 years thing is called progress. You'd still be in a cave if not for liberal cavemen.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Sorry, Hawg.

"Jesus" was the correct answer. 

Well, I have often thought that people like Trump could use some ice cold sweet tea and Jesus, but they never go for it and they keep the folks that do "got some Jesus" snowed into thinking they're the truth and the light. Turnt me away from the whole Jesus thing long ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Strange.

To whom do we turn?

We need new parties with new ideas that put the American people first. Our system is rapidly being broken. Trump is but an acceleration of a trend many years in the making. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, I have often thought that people like Trump could use some ice cold sweet tea and Jesus, but they never go for it and they keep the folks that do "got some Jesus" snowed into thinking they're the truth and the light. Turnt me away from the whole Jesus thing long ago. 

No one turns people off to Jesus like Jesus followers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

So does someone that compromises on nothing not care about the country then? 

The senate was designed to work like it is working. It's the idiots up there that are failing to work it. Like a man mentioned on one of the Sunday political shows this morning... Healthcare for instance... There's a majority that wants to see something done for the good of us all. The problem for Trump and McConnell is it isn't a majority of the majority. If those asswipes will work together and leave the fringe idiots to themselves, we'd have some positive and lasting reform on the issue. Instead the parties are letting the fringe folks control the agenda. It's bullshit and it's been going on quite long enough. It's far past time for them to come together and make the government work again. Trump screaming on twitter for the majority to scrap how the senate works is not helpful. Not helpful. Not in the least bit.

Instead of a strong leader that is the best negotiator ever, we get a tween female tweeter.  Yep, we got Twitler! 

Image result for twitler meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

As soon as we see an elected official refusing to" compromise on everything", it's time to switch elected officials.

To compromise on everthing would be intolerable. To compromise on nothing should be grounds for the trash heap. To steal from BillyBob above, only a lefty communist or a right fascist believes Health Care is a black and white issue in America.  Make know misstake, it's all GRAY. The same with gun control issues...GRAY. Compromises are a must !  On the other hand, gays in the military...BLACK and WHITE. Interpret the Constition, except the court results. If not, protest, oust unfavorable pols, create new laws....the American way.

As for Trump and the influence the Generals around him might yield, sure it's a little unsettling. The founding fathers, Madison in particular, would take notice. But if any administration, in memory, needed discipline it's Trump's. Hopefully they bring maturity to the west wing.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

No one turns people off to Jesus like Jesus followers. 

I think it's the confirmation bias that Nooner was on about so much that turns people off to Jesus. The Jesus followers seem to think that Jesus works for them when it was meant to be the other way around.