St. Mary's defeats Folsom 56- 25

ECHS05

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Asking Canes to provide a well thought out take, is like the sun coming up on Dracula.... He disappears.

Get rid of the Sections.

Now did my opinion there actually solve anything? Will it ever happen?

Of course not.

So why do you care and why do you insist on mocking somebody who doesn't want to waste his time posting meaningless opinions on what should be done?

One of the differences between me and you is that I don't care about your opinion and wouldn't solicit it under any circumstance.

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Please elaborate on what you see as the Calif playoff shortcomings are

Silly, silly little person.

It's not a playoff for one. I think not being a playoff is a significant shortcoming for any playoff.

It's selected by a committee.

Also, it's entirely unequal. Teams in some Sections are playing 4 games to win their Section and others are playing as few as 2. De La Salle will have had four bye weeks this year. They will have a bye week before all three of their playoff games.

It's a clown show and only somebody as silly as you would ask such a question.

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Be sure to include the % of state Top 20 teams that play in the same bracket.

Once again that is not the purpose of a playoff bracket.

Leave your athletic social engineering at the door.

Fair, consistent, reasonable.

That should be the starting point.

Not how much self-esteem the system can generate for helpless fanboys like yourself.

Any team losing a playoff game -- even if you put the word "Open" in the bracket -- should never advance. That's just a flawed system to begin with. As far as I know, it was only the CCS doing that until this year with the NCS following suit. PAC-5/SS doesn't do it. SJS doesn't do it. It's beyond ridiculous.

Furthermore, as many of us CA guys have been saying for a long time now, we don't like the elimination of the Regional Open game. That's ridiculous too. I don't care if DLS is expected to win it 99% of the time. The fact that they've only played the clear cut #2 team in NorCal two times during the playoffs (not including any instances when that team was in the NCS) is a flawed system and the largest reason why they still have a long win streak against NorCal. The reason you don't see a similar streak anywhere else in the Nation is because no other power state has a similar setup.

As for SoCal, an Open Regional may seem unnecessary because all the best teams are in 1 bracket, but the game should still be played. If there is a worthy LAS or SDS champ in a given year, they should get a shot at a play-in game for the Open State Bowl game.

• Like 2