Georgia high school football coaches calling out the GHSA for allowing illegal recruiting

Ga96

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Of course it isn't. However, without structure and an understanding that the rules apply to them just as everyone else, they could well become more brazen. 

I get the argument that parents should have a choice. I argue back that they do. However there are rules and they have to be followed. They also have to be enforced equally. The latter is the issue in Georgia. The schools are their own police. Due to that. Some schools don't like the recruiting so they'll turn it in which is how the system is intended to work. Others say don't snitch, be a man. Fuck the rules. 

Well which way is the right way? Fuck the rules or what? 

If half the schools in the state say fuck the rules and the other half are still trying to police and enforce the rules, what are we supposed to do? The GHSA as an organization has to step up and either abolish the rules or create a way to enforce them evenly. The honor system doesn't work because half the coaches are rule breakers like @Ararar is arguing for. I have to assume he'd be a rule breaker in Georgia and potentially cost his kid eligibility. 

It is what it is. 

The sport is better with competitive equity and kids learn about team, rules and the life lessons that come with that 

There are a lot of professional cheats who’ve been two steps ahead of their respective “policing” for decades. 
Ax 96. Not only does he rat it out, he participates in it as well. 

Many South Georgia folks are just angry the rest of the state is catching up. 

(wink) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah it sounds like structure. The entire world is full of rules. They're supposed to be followed. If you let people do whatever they want and coddle kids through school because they're talented at sports you are doing not only the kid a disservice but society as a whole. 

You're turning out people into adulthood that become wife beaters, murderers and general misdemeanorers. They think it's alright and rules don't apply because of who they are or because they have talent. 

Fuck that. 

Namaste on that stretch yoga man

good lord 

nothing to do with coddled kids and everything to do with a parents ability/right to decide what’s right for their family without some old grey hairs interfering because some teams will no longer get to waive their Pom poms

Just now, Ararar said:

Namaste on that stretch yoga man

good lord 

nothing to do with coddled kids and everything to do with a parents ability/right to decide what’s right for their family without some old grey hairs interfering because some teams will no longer get to waive their Pom poms

You're stretching just as far the other way yoga man. 

I don't like having to drive 55 but I generally stay pretty close to that on two lane roads. You know why? Because its the rules. 

If you want your kid to play at Lowndes or Valdosta move your happy ass and your family unit over there. Right? Nah not right according to your argument. Fuck the rules right? That's your argument. 

Tell the cops fuck that speed limit sign next time. Same difference. I reckon some old gray hair fucked your day on speed limits too. Got damn. Fuck your life and all these rules eh?

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You're stretching just as far the other way yoga man. 

I don't like having to drive 55 but I generally stay pretty close to that on two lane roads. You know why? Because its the rules. 

If you want your kid to play at Lowndes or Valdosta move your happy ass and your family unit over there. Right? Nah not right according to your argument. Fuck the rules right? That's your argument. 

Tell the cops fuck that speed limit sign next time. Same difference. I reckon some old gray hair fucked your day on speed limits too. Got damn. Fuck your life and all these rules eh?

So you’re equating a law to saves lives to a rule to make sure someone’s feelings don’t get hurt because nobody wants to play there 😂

It’s only in place because grown men(cry babies) yell it’s not fair that they are better than us.It’s like the NCAA at the HS level

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

So you’re equating a law to saves lives to a rule to make sure someone’s feelings don’t get hurt because nobody wants to play there 😂

It’s only in place because grown men(cry babies) yell it’s not fair that they are better than us.It’s like the NCAA at the HS level

My thinking is this.......give everybody kid ONE transfer and no more. Many have said “But that’s not fair to Timmy and DeMarquez because they move a lot.” Oh well. Fact of the matter is many of these kids parents move yearly to hop them around to the highest bidder. Scummy trainers trying to do what they can to sway kids to leave their current situations and go to the trainers school because “they do it  for the kids”. What a bunch of fucking frauds. Like guys holding middle school camps at $250-300 a pop for three hours of cattle call drills then they’ll tweet out your hudl or highlights or whatever for another $295 a year to help get you noticed.

Because it’s for the kids. Truth be told most trainers are the scummiest pricks in this game today. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I'm equating the rules are the rules and as long as they're the rule, one should do their best to abide by it. 

Otherwise it's anarchy. It's not a difficult concept. Rules are collectively put in place. In this case every school that is in the GHSA has a vote in these rules. They've voted and accepted the rules that you don't like. 

It is what it is. 🤷  the schools should be following the rules. We know they all aren't. You seem to think fuck those rules and the schools that accepted them. 

It's a public school. The people all collectively pay for your kids to go there. 

You don't have to like it. Idc. 

Go to a private and use the voucher from the state and pay the difference if you want. You'll have to go by their rules too though. All these rules man! Fuck! xD

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm equating the rules are the rules and as long as they're the rule, one should do their best to abide by it. 

Otherwise it's anarchy. It's not a difficult concept. Rules are collectively put in place. In this case every school that that is in the GHSA has a vote in these rules. They've voted and accepted the rules that you don't like. 

It is what it is. 🤷  the schools should be following the rules. We know they all aren't. You seem to think fuck those rules and the schools accepted them. 

It's a public school. The people all collectively pay for your kids to go there. 

You don't have to like it. Idc. 

Go to a private and use the voucher from the state and pay the difference if you want. You'll have to go by their rules too though. All these rules man! Fuck! xD

Well by the topic of this thread it appears the schools don’t accept these rules in GA.It’s just hypocritical to pretend they do. it would be in every ones best interest to change them.Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result….🤪😜🤪

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

Well by the topic of this thread it appears the schools don’t accept these rules in GA.It’s just hypocritical to pretend they do. it would be in every ones best interest to change them.Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result….🤪😜🤪

Clearly some don't.

Some that voted for the rule also don't. They're the hypocrites in this scenario. 

I look at the coaching survey and see majority want the rules and for them to be enforced. I'm not in the minority on this according to the survey. 

We see more value in competitive equity and the kids learning about following the rules intent on maintaining that equity over all I think. 

Don't stop at just the survey numbers. Scroll on down and read the anonymous opinions of the coaches. You'll see thoughts all over the spectrum. 

I don't like that rule. Idc who put it there. I ain't doing it even though we accepted it as a member school. Get the votes to change the rule or don't play in the association. Switch associations. Democracy sucks. xD

13 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

This goes back to the GHSA needs to step up and do their job. Instead of sitting back and collect money and cash checks.  They put everything on the schools. Schools are not set up to investigate these complicated transfers and GHSA changing rules almost daily.  Sitting out 1 year like you suggested would cure all these problems if moving within a 100 mile area. It would stop the madness in Atlanta.  All out of state transfers should go straight to the GHSA no questions ask. 

Why do you care?  You have no skin in the game.

14 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Hines is a gutless leader would not even do an interview on the subject.

Jeeze you are really naive or really stupid to think Hines would comment while there are active legal suits in court.  And yes, I read the article as I have a subscription to the AJC.  Do you? 

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They think it's alright and rules don't apply because of who they are or because they have talent. 

That goes back to what we as a society value.  Look at how most athletes are held up on a pedestal as if they can do no wrong.  While I believe in capitalism, I just think it is sad that we venerate someone that basically entertains us.  Maybe we aren't so far from the Roman Colosseum crowds after all.  Entertain us with a spectacle and we don't care about anything else.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fred said:

That goes back to what we as a society value.  Look at how most athletes are held up on a pedestal as if they can do no wrong.  While I believe in capitalism, I just think it is sad that we venerate someone that basically entertains us.  Maybe we aren't so far from the Roman Colosseum crowds after all.  Entertain us with a spectacle and we don't care about anything else.

This is gospel. We aren't any better than those crowds as a whole. 

10 hours ago, Fred said:

Jeeze you are really naive or really stupid to think Hines would comment while there are active legal suits in court.  And yes, I read the article as I have a subscription to the AJC.  Do you? 

Typically when there is nothing to hide the lawyers at least will speak like Lewis lawyer did. Also considering his job he should be open to any and all questions. Facts is hines and the ghsa have been declining to respond about Valdosta since before the ghsa came dowm with their bogus decision. Just more proof this was just hines and colquitt being childish and using their hate for rush to go after kids.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Typically when there is nothing to hide the lawyers at least will speak like Lewis lawyer did. Also considering his job he should be open to any and all questions. Facts is hines and the ghsa have been declining to respond about Valdosta since before the ghsa came dowm with their bogus decision. Just more proof this was just hines and colquitt being childish and using their hate for rush to go after kids.

Wait. I’m confused. I thought Hines and the GHSA was just for metro. Now cc too?!? 

I have a question. I’ve asked you countless times. What’s your take on all of the kids rush recruited to valdosta? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Wait. I’m confused. I thought Hines and the GHSA was just for metro. Now cc too?!? 

I have a question. I’ve asked you countless times. What’s your take on all of the kids rush recruited to valdosta? 

He just in that post claimed they werent recruited. 

He's a dishonest dude. I wouldn't spend a lot of time arguing with someone coming from a dishonest start position to be honest. 

One of the parents he appears to hold in such high esteem was allegedly recruiting the hallways over here. Her significant other allegedly offering car pooling so people didn't even have to move as one incentive. xD 

These are the people where he's getting his info. 

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He just in that post claimed they werent recruited. 

He's a dishonest dude. I wouldn't spend a lot of time arguing with someone coming from a dishonest start position to be honest. 

One of the parents he appears to hold in such high esteem was allegedly recruiting the hallways over here. Her significant other allegedly offering car pooling so people didn't even have to move as one incentive. xD 

These are the people where he's getting his info. 

Birds of a feather. But it ain’t their fault. If somebody else’s fault.

Always.......somebody.......elses.......

19 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Birds of a feather. But it ain’t their fault. If somebody else’s fault.

Always.......somebody.......elses.......

I also assume he's talking about the Carolina saga down here in some other places saying the GHSA and Robin Hines is on our side. Apparently the kid enrolled at another school for a few days and then reenrolled back in Moultrie and is playing. 

I'd wonder if his move to the other school was bonafide. Not sure if they ever filed eligibility forms or what. One would think that being as they were able to come back home and remain eligible either they never forfeited previously established eligibility at Colquitt or they never applied for eligibility at the new school. 

On 8/7/2021 at 10:32 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

I also assume he's talking about the Carolina saga down here in some other places saying the GHSA and Robin Hines is on our side. Apparently the kid enrolled at another school for a few days and then reenrolled back in Moultrie and is playing. 

I'd wonder if his move to the other school was bonafide. Not sure if they ever filed eligibility forms or what. One would think that being as they were able to come back home and remain eligible either they never forfeited previously established eligibility at Colquitt or they never applied for eligibility at the new school. 

The GHSA does not enforce bonafide moves as evident with the Grayson kid who went back to his prior home and has his picture took with Jim Harbaugh. 

I don't think Hines likes anybody in south Georgia.

What do you think the judge will rule on those Valdosta kids?

Is that judge running for reelection and lives locally he will rule in their favor.