Georgia high school football coaches calling out the GHSA for allowing illegal recruiting

Ga96

9 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I let them grunt and dismiss things on their own time. I just post and tell where the info is from. All the arguing and lying trying to cover their teams I let them have it. Im not one to ignore things. Ill be the first to say the Lowndes County school system has their own reckoning coming which they deserve. 

I am just observing. Outside looking in. I have Westlake, Hughes and to a lesser extent, Tucker to worry about.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

What?

You think this cat has info nobody else has?

He's regurgitating crap from Facebook...from the AJC...from Todd Holcomb...and various other sources.  I have seen everything he's posted.  I chose not to clutter the board with a bunch of shit where I could enter my OPINE.

Get yourself in gear...before I send the Marietta Devilettes to explain things to you...capisce?

Rufus>>

Funny shit talking about sending Marietta. And I don't pay attention to all that drama. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

None of us mind his allegations if he would be willing to discuss them. He is like a drive by shooter. He drops a wild claim and then he disappears until he makes the next claim. He isn't willing to discuss or answer questions. His allegations all start with "a Packer parent told me". If he is an employee of Lowndes (even as a bus driver) that is completely unethical according to the rules.  

In all my idiot wisdom, I wonder how correct he has been? What is his record as far as being truthful. Has what he proclaimed turned out to be proven true?

I don't know.

19 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

In all my idiot wisdom, I wonder how correct he has been? What is his record as far as being truthful. Has what he proclaimed turned out to be proven true?

I don't know.

They know im telling the truth they just dismiss it. You are seeing those who claim to be for the kids choosing their beloved school and program over the kids. 

30 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

None of us mind his allegations if he would be willing to discuss them. He is like a drive by shooter. He drops a wild claim and then he disappears until he makes the next claim. He isn't willing to discuss or answer questions. His allegations all start with "a Packer parent told me". If he is an employee of Lowndes (even as a bus driver) that is completely unethical according to the rules.  

I think he lied about being a part of the program. No way someone inside the program is that stupid.

He's probably a 60 something year old nobody that lives on the poor side of Lake Park and doesn't even have a job. Nothing better to do than come on here or Facebook and drop misinformation while lighting farts and giggling like a little girl. 

• Haha 1

I can tell you one thing most packass fans don't even know. Their class of 24 is their last chance at being a decent to championship caliber team. Everything after and the class of 23 are down hill and packass will be back to the bottom of the barrel. 

57 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I can tell you one thing most packass fans don't even know. Their class of 24 is their last chance at being a decent to championship caliber team. Everything after and the class of 23 are down hill and packass will be back to the bottom of the barrel. 

You keep dreaming and wishing.

You might wanna worry about your Plowgirls.

And Coach Dubby.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ararar said:

How bout you just let grown ups decide what schools they want their children attending without interfering 

then all this goes away for the most part and more importantly so does Ga96

They can do that already, as long as they follow the rules of the state association. Nobody cares if they move and follow all the rules and the receiving team is following the rules as well.

But, yeah, it's either turn everyone loose like California and Florida or protect what you've got like Georgia and Alabama try to do. 

If some coaches and other entities are going to be allowed to recruit players without ramifications, may as well turn all the coaches loose. It totally changes what I've always considered high school football to be, but, what can be done? Instead of great coaches you'll have great recruiters. It is what it is. Society is pretty well fucked already. Might as well give up the good fight and let it rot on out. Right? 

18 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Sounds like telling parents what’s best for their family so your team won’t suck.

Nah it sounds like structure. The entire world is full of rules. They're supposed to be followed. If you let people do whatever they want and coddle kids through school because they're talented at sports you are doing not only the kid a disservice but society as a whole. 

You're turning out people into adulthood that become wife beaters, murderers and general misdemeanorers. They think it's alright and rules don't apply because of who they are or because they have talent. 

Fuck that. 

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah it sounds like structure. The entire world is full of rules. They're supposed to be followed. If you let people do whatever they want and coddle kids through school because they're talented at sports you are doing not only the kid a disservice but society as a whole. 

You're turning out people into adulthood that become wife beaters, murderers and general misdemeanorers. They think it's alright and rules don't apply because of who they are or because they have talent. 

Fuck that. 

Pretty sure if kids do that, it’s not because their high school went searching for talent to plug holes on the roster 😂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chalmetteowl said:

Pretty sure if kids do that, it’s not because their high school went searching for talent to plug holes on the roster 😂

Of course it isn't. However, without structure and an understanding that the rules apply to them just as everyone else, they could well become more brazen. 

I get the argument that parents should have a choice. I argue back that they do. However there are rules and they have to be followed. They also have to be enforced equally. The latter is the issue in Georgia. The schools are their own police. Due to that. Some schools don't like the recruiting so they'll turn it in which is how the system is intended to work. Others say don't snitch, be a man. Fuck the rules. 

Well which way is the right way? Fuck the rules or what? 

If half the schools in the state say fuck the rules and the other half are still trying to police and enforce the rules, what are we supposed to do? The GHSA as an organization has to step up and either abolish the rules or create a way to enforce them evenly. The honor system doesn't work because half the coaches are rule breakers like @Ararar is arguing for. I have to assume he'd be a rule breaker in Georgia and potentially cost his kid eligibility. 

It is what it is. 

The sport is better with competitive equity and kids learn about team, rules and the life lessons that come with that 

• Thanks 1