GA HS coaches on the hot seat

Fan4life

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes. FL vs GA doubleheader at Lowndes in Aug 2022. 

I suggest doing a kick off classic at the new UAB stadium which holds 47,000 and is super nice and modern to the AHSAA they said they only do it in Montgomery at the old stadium which is a dump.

My idea was to take 6 Alabama teams vs OOS teams do 3 Friday and 3 Saturday. I suggested to do 3 large school teams like Thompson vs Grayson or Hoover vs Lowndes Then do 3 small class teams like 2A or 3A school.  Piedmont or Fyffe vs say Florida 2A champ.

Times 

11:00 

2:30

6:00

They will probably steal my idea at a later date. Call it Alabama vs the world.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I suggest doing a kick off classic at the new UAB stadium which holds 47,000 and is super nice and modern to the AHSAA they said they only do it in Montgomery at the old stadium which is a dump.

My idea was to take 6 Alabama teams vs OOS teams do 3 Friday and 3 Saturday. I suggested to do 3 large school teams like Thompson vs Grayson or Hoover vs Lowndes Then do 3 small class teams like 2A or 3A school.  Piedmont or Fyffe vs say Florida 2A champ.

Times 

This concept has already been pitched to Thompson to host. 

14 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Times 

Tbh I'd like to do something like this with the Southern States... 

See how it does in the South first then expand the following year. 

Have it in Atlanta

And I was thinking like this: (this is just an example)

MS vs FL 

STA vs Brandon 

AL vs NC 

Hoover vs Myers Park 

GA vs LA 

Grayson vs Catholic B.R 

SC vs TN 

Dutch Fork vs Oakland

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This concept has already been pitched to Thompson to host. 

Thompson for reason has no interest in OOS games. I don't have a clue why. I know several Georgia teams have called and have been turned down.  If it works out it should be at new UAB stadium. Nothing special about Thompson's stadium. 

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Tbh I'd like to do something like this with the Southern States... 

See how it does in the South first then expand the following year. 

Have it in Atlanta

And I was thinking like this: (this is just an example)

MS vs FL 

STA vs Brandon 

AL vs NC 

Hoover vs Myers Park 

GA vs LA 

Grayson vs Catholic B.R 

SC vs TN 

Dutch Fork vs Oakland

Hoover vs Oakland. 

I'm telling you UAB is the place to hold it. It is super nice.

8 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Thompson for reason has no interest in OOS games. I don't have a clue why. I know several Georgia teams have called and have been turned down.  If it works out it should be at new UAB stadium. Nothing special about Thompson's stadium. 

Colleges charge rent for the use of their fields. Eating into much of the event profits. Local high schools are the best to host for this important reason. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We'll worry about that in 2023. 

He's full of poo. Our stadium is plenty nice enough to host a game like the one you suggest, and, the concessions aren't cold Chick Fil A and cold pizza like Lowndes has. 

Don't let that dude fool ya. We're in great shape in Colquitt County for a stadium. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He's full of poo. Our stadium is plenty nice enough to host a game like the one you suggest, and, the concessions aren't cold Chick Fil A and cold pizza like Lowndes has. 

Don't let that dude fool ya. We're in great shape in Colquitt County for a stadium. 

I know that. Look forward to visiting!! Hope you have the time for a nice, quick tour of Moultrie. #wheninrome

Gwinnett is growing and will probably have 2-4 more HS'S opening in the next 2/3 years....

Coach Lamar is a young coach dont even think he's 30 yet.... 

Or just turned 30.... one of those 2... 

But he was at Tucker under Franklin Stephen's and took over when he left... 

But I'd imagine Tucker is alot easier to work with than SG... 

39 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Colleges charge rent for the use of their fields. Eating into much of the event profits. Local high schools are the best to host for this important reason. 

Legion Field or Bryant Denny never charged high School teams. Only the GHSA gets charged because they are idiots.  Jerry Jones does not charge.