Tate Martell

Bodysurf

55 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

True…. That’s why I peruse this forum to gain perspective. How much shit is pumped in Tate’s head is debatable, certainly a factor. 

It will certainly be a comeback story if Tate pulls it off, gotta get that “ship” turned around and another factor that’s not discussed are ‘injuries” physical and mental. 

bgw

I root for athletes like Tate because there is a side of the story that never gets told. When you've played at a high level most of your life and experienced peak performance the drop to mediocrity is life changing.  Many of these kids have no daily living skills because they spent their free time perfecting their craft. Never had a job, paid a cellphone bill, or had idle time. Many times these guys go through dark depression when their sport of choice is removed cold turkey. I've witnessed it and think it needs to be spoken on because it's very common. 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

I root for athletes like Tate because there is a side of the story that never gets told. When you've played at a high level most of your life and experienced peak performance the drop to mediocrity is life changing.  Many of these kids have no daily living skills because they spent their free time perfecting their craft. Never had a job, paid a cellphone bill, or had idle time. Many times these guys go through dark depression when their sport of choice is removed cold turkey. I've witnessed it and think it needs to be spoken on because it's very common. 

Evidently there’s a miss in the mental aspect in this saga, it can’t be that simple…. A competitor doesn’t go somewhere to fail or bail on purpose, clearly there’s more to the story. 

bgw

59 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I did see that the rules have been changed this year now though. They're allowing one transfer for undergrads without them losing eligibility for a year, however, they all lie and cheat the system to transfer and get immediate eligibility anyway. 

Yeah baby, it’s metro all over the damn place!!!!

Playas be wilding.

😁😁😁

bgw

• Haha 1

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Okay…. I saw the cocky aspect but isn’t that the QB’s job…. Field general?

bgw

I definitely think you need some swagger to play the position in today’s game. You don’t need arrogance though. Can’t really blame the kid. Had scholarship offers in 7th grade and every move was in the spotlight. Some handle it better than others. I saw a few red flags on QB1 but only saw an episode or two. He’ll be in a 4 way QB battle at UNLV. Maybe since he’s paying for own schooling now he will turn it up a notch. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I definitely think you need some swagger to play the position in today’s game. You don’t need arrogance though. Can’t really blame the kid. Had scholarship offers in 7th grade and every move was in the spotlight. Some handle it better than others. I saw a few red flags on QB1 but only saw an episode or two. He’ll be in a 4 way QB battle at UNLV. Maybe since he’s paying for own schooling now he will turn it up a notch. 

Peaked early, then faded….

Tougher at each level to progress certainly. Playing with all those great athletes at BG seems to have hidden some things and amplified others. 

Im holding out hope for a comeback on the setback for Tater, it will be tough but doable. 

bgw

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Okay…. I saw the cocky aspect but isn’t that the QB’s job…. Field general?

bgw

He came off to me as a pampered spoiled brat. That's stuck with me and seems to fit all the transfers and everything. 

It's a problem in my opinion. Tough to build a team around something like that. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Name one QB that has played against and beat all of these teams? Or if anybody has a similar resume? 

2014    15-0

10-4 Brophy Prep (AZ) D1 Semifinalist 

Gorman won 44-0

13-2 Bingham (UT) 5A State Champs 

Gorman won 23-20 in OT

12-3 Centennial (CA) CIF Open Finalist

Gorman won 43-42 at CA

12-2 SJB (CA) Pac 5 Finalist

Gorman won 34-31

2015    15-0

11-2 Chandler (AZ) D1 Semifinalist

Gorman won 35-14

12-2 Bingham (UT) 5A Semifinalist

Gorman won 38-20 at UT

11-2 Bellevue (WA) 3A Finalist

Gorman won 35-7 at WA

9-3 Don Bosco  Prep (NJ) Non Public group 4 Champions

Gorman won 30-16

2016    15-0

11-3 Cedar Hill (TX) 6A D2 Region 1 Finalist

Gorman won  44-14 at TX

12-1 Cocoa (FL) 4A Champions

Gorman won 46-10

13-2 SJB (CA) CIF Open Division Champions

Gorman won 35-20 at CA

11-2 Kahuku (HI) Open Division Finalist

Gorman won 35-7

14-2 STA (FL) 7A Champions

Gorman won 25-24 in OT

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Name one QB that has played against and beat all of these teams? Or if anybody has a similar resume? 

2014    15-0

10-4 Brophy Prep (AZ) D1 Semifinalist 

Gorman won 44-0

13-2 Bingham (UT) 5A State Champs 

Gorman won 23-20 in OT

12-3 Centennial (CA) CIF Open Finalist

Gorman won 43-42 at CA

12-2 SJB (CA) Pac 5 Finalist

Gorman won 34-31

2015    15-0

11-2 Chandler (AZ) D1 Semifinalist

Gorman won 35-14

12-2 Bingham (UT) 5A Semifinalist

Gorman won 38-20 at UT

11-2 Bellevue (WA) 3A Finalist

Gorman won 35-7 at WA

9-3 Don Bosco  Prep (NJ) Non Public group 4 Champions

Gorman won 30-16

2016    15-0

11-3 Cedar Hill (TX) 6A D2 Region 1 Finalist

Gorman won  44-14 at TX

12-1 Cocoa (FL) 4A Champions

Gorman won 46-10

13-2 SJB (CA) CIF Open Division Champions

Gorman won 35-20 at CA

11-2 Kahuku (HI) Open Division Finalist

Gorman won 35-7

14-2 STA (FL) 7A Champions

Gorman won 25-24 in OT

That’s a nice resume. He was great for 5 games every year before being able to take off weeks 6-15. He can still be considered a good high school player while also being one of the biggest busts at the next level. Both are true. I hope he gets some playing time at UNLV. 

• Thanks 1