2021 Cen10 Schedule

GardenStateBaller

22 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

How's the qb situation ?  

Likely rotating 2 qb’s, both juniors.  One has been in the system since freshman year, the other transferred in  last year.  Both have decent abilities but neither is tested against good teams.  With the O line still a work in progress, they are going to have to learn very quickly.  Compared to other Cen10 qb’s over the past ten years or so, at this point I would put them in the lower third in term of likely efficacy.  I’m concerned about both of their ability to recognize when to pull it in and go on the read option.

• Like 2

I agree about qb's since Tanner left. The problem is also the fake to the running backs are very telling. They are not riding the backs. Watch them last year you knew when the backs are getting the ball, and when the qb's where passing the back. The were not reading the end's or backer's. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pde769 said:

I agree about qb's since Tanner left.

Yeah, he was the complete package.  Ran the read option to near perfection, went through his progressions, pump faked as necessary, could read defenses, could make all the throws accurately, and for his size was a very effective runner.

This years QB’s are both ranked in the top 100 for their class.  I don’t know how given the lack of experience, but will see pretty soon.

• Like 1