OT: Teens taunt man as he drowns.

rockinl

51 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Unfortunately by legal standards they did nothing wrong and being an asshole is not a punishable offense. 

By moral standards this is sickening. And inhumane.

I saw a report they weren't being charged on CNN. Fox said they were being charged. 

Its not illegal to not call for help but for not calling after he died is from what article said. 

6 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Some states have a Good Samaritan Law. It says that you must render aide for distressed citizens should the need occur and there is no immediate danger to yourself. Florida does not so no charges.

But there is a law in Florida that states you must report a death. 

1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

Very tragic situation here

have any of you saved/prevented someone from dying?

other than our professional staff of  police, fireman and EMS

thanks for your service!

I have on several as a lifeguard in Hawaii and a couple in the Red Sea. 

I wouldn't recommend a person to attempt to save a drowning victim unless they're trained to do so. The panicked victim will possibly drown you if you don't have a board or float and or know how to prevent it. If they don't allow you to rescue them, you wait til they go out then rescue them. 

These kids should've called for help immediately and he mayve not drown...

• Like 2

We're talking about your hypocritical selective outrage. You defend a piece of garbage (youre granddad x5) who contributed to the destruction and degradation of countless of millions of American lives callously, but want to go in on some kids who failed to save a guy who put himself in a bad situation. Youre exposing yourself again.

18 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

And from the beginning you avoided the actual topic of this thread.

5 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

No, just a footnote that many times appears to go hand  and hand with idiots.....The photo on post #19 confirms what I said...Those scumbags will end up dead or at home, which is a prison...

That is a photo of the man that drowned.

I take it, that given your inclinations to paint him as a monster that let someone drown while filming it, evidently due to his... Image result for looking around smiley tattoos Image result for looking around smiley, that you may have chose to not save him as well? 

This March 13, 2017 photo provided by Brevard County Sheriff's Office, Fla., shows Jamel Dunn.  Dunn drowned in a pond in Cocoa Beach, on July 9 as a group of teens filmed his dying moments and never called or sought help to save his life.  (Brevard County Sheriff's Office via AP)

This March 13, 2017 photo provided by Brevard County Sheriff's Office, Fla., shows Jamel Dunn. Dunn drowned in a pond in Cocoa Beach, on July 9 as a group of teens filmed his dying moments and never called or sought help to save his life. (Brevard County Sheriff's Office 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bones said:

We're talking about your hypocritical selective outrage. You defend a piece of garbage (youre granddad x5) who contributed to the destruction and degradation of countless of millions of American lives callously, but want to go in on some kids who failed to save a guy who put himself in a bad situation. Youre exposing yourself again.

By this logic I can never say anything about anything. And neither can 90% of the Caucasian Americans in the USA. Every person alive has had atleast 1 distant ancestor do something deplorable. It doesnt make every future generation for all time responsible for it.

Its not about failing to save him, and the fact you think it is tells me you are too shallow to understand... they didnt just stand there and not save him, They laughed as he screamed for help... they even made fun of the way he screamed....they laughed as a man drowned...they never called for help, and they never told anyone. They passed around a blunt and watched a man die like they were watching a Dave Chapelle special... These kids are scum and need to be disciplined.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

By this logic I can never say anything about anything. And neither can 90% of the Caucasian Americans in the USA. Every person alive has had atleast 1 distant ancestor do something deplorable. It doesnt make every future generation for all time responsible for it.

Its not about failing to save him, and the fact you think it is tells me you are too shallow to understand... they didnt just stand there and not save him, They laughed as he screamed for help... they even made fun of the way he screamed....they laughed as a man drowned...they never called for help, and they never told anyone. They passed around a blunt and watched a man die like they were watching a Dave Chapelle special... These kids are scum and need to be disciplined.

Apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree X5. I'm not surprised you don't get it. Until you grow a spine and can call out people like your piece of shit grandpops X5 we just can't take your selective outrage serious. I mean this whole situation in this thread is literally nothing compared to the death and destruction your family has caused countless Americans. It's almost comedy hearing you of all people complain about anything. If I came from a long line of pieces of shit like you do I would probably stay silent on everything.

2 hours ago, Bones said:

Apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree X5. I'm not surprised you don't get it. Until you grow a spine and can call out people like your piece of shit grandpops X5 we just can't take your selective outrage serious. I mean this whole situation in this thread is literally nothing compared to the death and destruction your family has caused countless Americans. It's almost comedy hearing you of all people complain about anything. If I came from a long line of pieces of shit like you do I would probably stay silent on everything.

I'm a bit lost here. 

But we where talking about kids laughing at a man while he was drowning instead of calling emergency services or trying to save him themselves. 

Idk what ECHS grandfather x5 did and idk what he has to do with the current situation. 

But we cant change the past. What he done might not have been good again Idk what he did. But you cant hold ECHS responsible for something he wasnt even around for. 

If we hold people accountible for what there ancestors did alot of us would be up for execution right now. 

Me included. 

Hell I found out I had roots and connections to Nat Turner through my dads side.   

It just wouldnt be right. 

All we can do is hope that ECHS doesnt do whatever his Grandfather x5 did. And learns from histories mistakes and not use them as an excuse to justify an unjustifiable cause. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ararar said:

Drummer just couldn't help himself...Had to insert racial undertones.They sound like a bunch of kids who didn't or couldn't grasp the seriousness of the situation 

Drummer lives for these unfortunate and callus examples of indifference just to reinforce his own racist beliefs. Find a thread with racial, ethnic, or religious undertones, and you'll find this modern-day Klansman. But make no mistake. The cavalier attitude of these young guys is despicable. They watched, from the other side of the lake, a fully clothed distraught individual walk into water with alligator warning signs posted around it's edges. A 911 call, at a minimum, was their responsibility. Drummer, on the other hand, only sees an opportunity to spew hate and discourse for an ever shrinking segment of society that lives in fear and disgust.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Drummer lives for these unfortunate and callus examples of indifference just to reinforce his own racist beliefs. Find a thread with racial, ethnic, or religious undertones, and you'll find this modern-day Klansman. But make no mistake. The cavalier attitude of these young guys is despicable. They watched, from the other side of the lake, a fully clothed distraught individual walk into water with alligator warning signs posted around it's edges. A 911 call, at a minimum, was their responsibility. Drummer, on the other hand, only sees an opportunity to spew hate and discourse for an ever shrinking segment of society that lives in fear and disgust.

Well said.....about sums it up perfectly.

Maybe this thread can exit the shitter now...

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm a bit lost here. 

But we where talking about kids laughing at a man while he was drowning instead of calling emergency services or trying to save him themselves. 

Idk what ECHS grandfather x5 did and idk what he has to do with the current situation. 

But we cant change the past. What he done might not have been good again Idk what he did. But you cant hold ECHS responsible for something he wasnt even around for. 

If we hold people accountible for what there ancestors did alot of us would be up for execution right now. 

Me included. 

Hell I found out I had roots and connections to Nat Turner through my dads side.   

It just wouldnt be right. 

All we can do is hope that ECHS doesnt do whatever his Grandfather x5 did. And learns from histories mistakes and not use them as an excuse to justify an unjustifiable cause. 

I cannot believe this dude even brought up my great-great-great-great-great Grandfather in this thread. It makes absolutely no sense. He was born in 1782... and died almost 170 years ago. 

Idiot.

Hes still yet to make a comment about this actual thread.

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

What did he even do?

He was the 7th Vice President of the USA from 1825-1832 (he ran against James K. Polk for President but lost). Also a South Carolina Senator for 18 years, who is ranked among the Top 5 Senators of All-Time. He served as Secretary of State from 1844-1845. And Secretary of War from 1817-1825... where he really revolutionized Americas military. Annnnddd he served in the U.S House of Representatives for 6 years.

His problem with him is that he was a slavery supporter, or advocate... Im not sure which is the proper word. Which was not uncommon back then. Sure its wrong... but what does it have to do with me? You know how many people in America right now have ancestors that owned slaves? Or supported it? Or did far worse things.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

He was the 7th Vice President of the USA from 1825-1832. Also a South Carolina Senator for 18 years, who is ranked among the Top 5 Senators of All-Time. He served as Secretary of State from 1844-1845. And Secretary of War from 1817-1825... where he really revolutionized Americas military. Annnnddd he served in the U.S House of Representatives for 6 years.

His problem with him is that he was a slavery supporter. Which was not uncommon back then.

Impressive accomplishments, but what did he think about CalPreps?

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

He was the 7th Vice President of the USA from 1825-1832 (he ran against James K. Polk for President but lost). Also a South Carolina Senator for 18 years, who is ranked among the Top 5 Senators of All-Time. He served as Secretary of State from 1844-1845. And Secretary of War from 1817-1825... where he really revolutionized Americas military. Annnnddd he served in the U.S House of Representatives for 6 years.

His problem with him is that he was a slavery supporter, or advocate... Im not sure which is the proper word. Which was not uncommon back then. Sure its wrong... but what does it have to do with me? You know how many people in America right now have ancestors that owned slaves? Or supported it? Or did far worse things.

Bones doesn't like to talk about Anthony Johnson one of the first Americans who legally owned slaves. BTW Anthony was a black man or William Ellison also a black man who was one of the largest black slave owners in South Carolina.

16 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I dont see what any of that has to do with you today. 

You cant control the actions of your ancestors. 

None of us can. 

Its stupid to hold  that over your head. 

• Like 1

He (ECHS) has yet to call that piece of shit (his granddad x5) what he was, while feeling it is his responsibility to judge other people. The magnitude of the offenses isn't even comparable. Yet he cannot muster a negative word about the real trash, his grand pappy and others like him today.

17 minutes ago, Bones said:

He (ECHS) has yet to call that piece of shit (his granddad x5) what he was, while feeling it is his responsibility to judge other people. The magnitude of the offenses isn't even comparable. Yet he cannot muster a negative word about the real trash, his grand pappy and others like him today.

Ive never heard more ridiculous shit in all my life. Fuck off is all I can say. You are a child.