Lowndes vs Lake Gibson FL picked up by ESPN

Ga96

22 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

A lot of factors. Lake Gibson has to travel out of state which none of the players have ever done to play a game. Play in a stadium twice the size than the biggest stadium they have ever played in. Against a roster more than double than any opponent they have ever played. And the Lowndes national ranking is higher by far than any team they have ever beaten. And outside of a few D1 guys, the roster is pretty plain and doesn’t compare to the totality of Lowndes up and down. 

The teams they LOST to are significantly inferior to Lowndes. They weren’t ranked 78th for no reason. The schedule was horrible. Even if you think that is way too low, and say they were ranked 40-50th in Florida, that still is such a disparity that makes this game a mismatch. 

If Lowndes was playing the 50th best Georgia team I highly doubt anyone from GA would think it would be ESPN worthy. 

You do know Lowndes lost a LOT of guys from graduation right? Look at the talent LG has compared to Lowndes. That's still a mismatch? And you mention them having to travel oos. Bruh, they're going to Georgia....not Washington. And as we've seen before, you can't put too much stock into preseason rankings. 

I’m going to wait until I see the 2021 teams in action first. LG replacing coaches may be very good, very bad, or very little difference for them.

Then we will have to see how each team’s season plays out after their game.

Either way, it’s a good bet too much will be inferred from the outcome of this game. That’s always how these things go. 

16 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You do know Lowndes lost a LOT of guys from graduation right? Look at the talent LG has compared to Lowndes. That's still a mismatch? And you mention them having to travel oos. Bruh, they're going to Georgia....not Washington. And as we've seen before, you can't put too much stock into preseason rankings. 

The quality of the 0* players is usually where we see the greatest disparities in H.S. Football. (Yes, some of these places don’t play any 0* players 🤦‍♂️). Smart money is on Lowndes having the edge here, though we really can’t be sure in July.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

A lot of factors. Lake Gibson has to travel out of state which none of the players have ever done to play a game. Play in a stadium twice the size than the biggest stadium they have ever played in. Against a roster more than double than any opponent they have ever played. And the Lowndes national ranking is higher by far than any team they have ever beaten. And outside of a few D1 guys, the roster is pretty plain and doesn’t compare to the totality of Lowndes up and down. 

The teams they LOST to are significantly inferior to Lowndes. They weren’t ranked 78th for no reason. The schedule was horrible. Even if you think that is way too low, and say they were ranked 40-50th in Florida, that still is such a disparity that makes this game a mismatch. 

If Lowndes was playing the 50th best Georgia team I highly doubt anyone from GA would think it would be ESPN worthy. 

Lowndes is garbage....quit blowing them because you think you are going to get that ass spanked.

Man up, kill yourself.

4 hours ago, badrouter said:

I’m going to wait until I see the 2021 teams in action first. LG replacing coaches may be very good, very bad, or very little difference for them.

Then we will have to see how each team’s season plays out after their game.

Either way, it’s a good bet too much will be inferred from the outcome of this game. That’s always how these things go. 

Consider THIS, regarding coaching! Like Cali, IF Florida had great coaching! They would NOT be in high school, but rather in the college ranks, or in GEORGIA for the money!

51 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

Consider THIS, regarding coaching! Like Cali, IF Florida had great coaching! They would NOT be in high school, but rather in the college ranks, or in GEORGIA for the money!

No doubt this is a problem in Florida. Lakeland lost its D-coordinator several years ago to Lee County, who's since won a state title and played in a Geico game with that coordinator. I assume Lee county pays more. Can't blame Butler for going.

Warren Easton was ranked top 20 in Louisiana and Red Flag lost his shit when he thought they were playing Grayson. 

Lowndes finished 8th in GA. Lake Gibson finished 78th in Florida. 

You would have to either be an internet troll or just a dumb fuck to think this is a good even matchup. It’s a mismatch. LG will play hard and he coached hard, but they won’t be competitive with a team that much more superior 

21 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Warren Easton was ranked top 20 in Louisiana and Red Flag lost his shit when he thought they were playing Grayson. 

I didn't like how that game was being presented and I didn't like you pimping Warren Easton on your twitter page trying to make them into something they are NOT.

You got a big mouth for such a little guy.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I didn't like how that game was being presented and I didn't like you pimping Warren Easton on your twitter page trying to make them into something they are NOT.

You got a big mouth for such a little guy.

I don’t think anyone gives a shit what you don’t like. 

the game was just a rumor and you were already in some damage control mode giving some concession speech like “it is what it is” and crying like a bitch of the game just being mentioned. 

And that was a much more even match than Lowndes/LG. 

There is no way to spin this into a good game without trolling. 

46 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Oakleaf finished 54th in Florida and Lowndes beat them by 3 touchdowns and that was after they took their foot off the gas. 

So what do you think is gonna happen against the 78th best team?

There is no set of standings where teams are ordered up to #54, or anywhere near there. So, once again, this is a #fakenews ranking.

Oakleaf got knocked out early in the playoffs 51-7 by Bartram Trail. BT then went and lost by two touchdowns to Seminole. There's no reason to believe Oakleaf was as good as or better than LG in the plague year. So, that they lost 37-17 to Lowndes doesn't suggest some sort of running clock blowout-like the one Miami Central suffered to Saint Frances in 2019- is coming.

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Oh really? When did lowndes play STA?

You boys have SOOOOOOO many bullshit classifications, it's sometimes impossible to keep up! Remind me which class MNW resides in? Be that as it may, they WERE STATE CHAMPIONS, were they NOT? 

It's tough to find something to hang your hat on in the sunburn state ain't, when everybody SUCKS except two privates?

6 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

You boys have SOOOOOOO many bullshit classifications, it's sometimes impossible to keep up! Remind me which class MNW resides in? Be that as it may, they WERE STATE CHAMPIONS, were they NOT? 

It's tough to find something to hang your hat on in the sunburn state ain't, when everybody SUCKS except two privates?

Last time I checked Miami Central ain't a private and Miami Northwestern was in 5a when they played lowndes 

But it speaks to how ill informed you are on Florida to not know the classification of a state champion 😂😂😂