2021 PGL/FloSports HSFB Channel News/Scores

GardenStateBaller

I went to the replay. Both announcers also agreed Godby got hosed. In fact they go on and on about it. Ball out before crossing. Look above Turners #7 right shoulder. Godby's #11 takes it in the air and goes to the house the other way. called back due to inadvertent whistle and gave Godby ball on 20 going out.

image.thumb.png.6b7ee54de43068e36e813f7eb88cf3ed.png

21 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

I went to the replay. Both announcers also agreed Godby got hosed. In fact they go on and on about it. Ball out before crossing. Look above Turners #7 right shoulder. Godby's #11 takes it in the air and goes to the house the other way. called back due to inadvertent whistle and gave Godby ball on 20 going out.

image.thumb.png.6b7ee54de43068e36e813f7eb88cf3ed.png

I texted the play x play guy, Chris Mycoskie, right after the play telling him he was incorrect and the ball had crossed the plain. Regardless, it was a damn good game. One of the best of this weekend. #PGL 

sheesh looking at some of this game LCA should have blown Godby out they are twice their size. I guess they should be being they are a recruited up predominantly reclassed 5th year team. The QB is freshman though. Their main guy AJ Turner #7 is a 2021 reclass to 2022 Marshall commit. He is pretty much what they do. Run him behind that huge line. 

7 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

sheesh looking at some of this game LCA should have blown Godby out they are twice their size. I guess they should be being they are a recruited up predominantly reclassed 5th year team. The QB is freshman though. Their main guy AJ Turner #7 is a 2021 reclass to 2022 Marshall commit. He is pretty much what they do. Run him behind that huge line. 

On 9/2 LCA plays the #1 team in Georgia, Milton, on Flo. Can't wait!! 

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

On 9/2 LCA plays the #1 team in Georgia, Milton, on Flo. Can't wait!! 

good for them and you , I guess.  Personally I could care less. We look at LCA players but academics and qualifying are a bit of an issue with them. Some get through though. I don't think Maryland has offered any at this point. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

LCA is the #1 team in VA hands down. 

That is a bit of a stretch. They don't count in VA anyway because their players are ineligible to play for any Virginia state associated school. That said I would take quite a few teams in VA over them in a game just on coaching alone. Their coach comes from the Central Virginia Hurricanes rec program and always played with recruited up and stacked teams. Everyone knows that. Their offensive scheme is rec. Any good defensive coach with a decent team can shut down Turner in that scheme. They have no passing game to speak of either especially with a freshman QB that doesn't throw very good.

2 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

That is a bit of a stretch. They don't count in VA anyway because their players are ineligible to play for any Virginia state associated school. That said I would take quite a few teams in VA over them in a game just on coaching alone. Their coach comes from the Central Virginia Hurricanes rec program and always played with recruited up and stacked teams. Everyone knows that. Their offensive scheme is rec. Any good defensive coach with a decent team can shut down Turner in that scheme. They have no passing game to speak of either especially with a freshman QB that doesn't throw very good.

Until another VA team beats them, they'll always be my #1. 

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Until another VA team beats them, they'll always be my #1. 

I see they are playing 5 of the worse teams Maryland has to offer. That is a joke. 
09/24   vs Silver Oak Academy (Keymar, MD) [opponent rating: -36]

10/08   at Riverdale Baptist (Upper Marlboro, MD) [opponent rating: -13.3]
10/15   vs Royalty Institute (Landover, MD) [opponent rating: -19.3]
10/22   vs Rock Creek Christian Academy (Upper Marlboro, MD) [opponent rating: -53.1]
10/29   at National Christian Academy (Fort Washington, MD) [opponent rating: 2.2]

Just now, OldTerrapin said:

I see they are playing 5 of the worse teams Maryland has to offer. That is a joke. 
09/24   vs Silver Oak Academy (Keymar, MD) [opponent rating: -36]

10/08   at Riverdale Baptist (Upper Marlboro, MD) [opponent rating: -13.3]
10/15   vs Royalty Institute (Landover, MD) [opponent rating: -19.3]
10/22   vs Rock Creek Christian Academy (Upper Marlboro, MD) [opponent rating: -53.1]
10/29   at National Christian Academy (Fort Washington, MD) [opponent rating: 2.2]

Not their fault. They're as feared in the region as SFA is. Gotta do what you gotta do. Beggars can't be choosey. 

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not their fault. They're as feared in the region as SFA is. Gotta do what you gotta do. Beggars can't be choosey. 

Other than WCAC, MIAA or Freelance teams none of the state associated teams can play them even if they wanted to. You know this stop being so disingenuous. Oscar Smith would have no issue playing them. Fear has nothing to do with it.  Technically WCAC nor MIAA teams are allowed to either unless their 5th year players sit. Neither association allows 5th year players but both have let their teams play prep schools in the past so they could play them and should. I would much rather see DeMatha vs LCA than vs Bishop Sycamore. I am still surprised McGregor took that game.