Best High School Running back you have seen live.

HooverOutlaw

9 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Mine are

Bo Jackson 

Joe McKnight

Trey Sanders

Sherman Williams 

T J Yeldon 

Bo Scarborough 

Carnell Williams 

Hershel Walker

George Rogers

Lionel 'Lil Train' James

William Andrews

Jamal Lewis

Garrison Hearst

Emerson Boozer

Pete Johnson

Andy Johnson HAD to be great, for what he did against one of the greatest defenses in GHSA history, 1969 Valdosta!

Monte Williams

Tevin King

Siheim King

23 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

Hershel Walker

George Rogers

Lionel 'Lil Train' James

William Andrews

Jamal Lewis

Garrison Hearst

Emerson Boozer

Pete Johnson

Andy Johnson HAD to be great, for what he did against one of the greatest defenses in GHSA history, 1969 Valdosta!

Monte Williams

Tevin King

Siheim King

Good list Rab.  I forgot about Rogers and Lewis for my list. Hell of a lot of RB's to tote the ball in this state.

17 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Tell us about seeing Najee Harris 

At the high school level he was just on another level and it was man amongst boys. He actually looked like he wasn’t even trying or exerting himself, yet he would run over people and run away from them. Funny thing is I know first few years he had the same complaints in college. Runs too high, doesn’t hit the hole quick enough, not fast enough, yet he just produced.

Of the above Tillman was the most fun, impactful and best player I saw. That little guy literally took over games on both sides of the ball.

3 hours ago, rockinl said:

Heard recently by a TCU alum that they are having a HELL of a time keeping him academically eligible. Apparently, anything much past a 8th grade level is out of his realm. Not that things like this just started, but just a reminder about the pitiful education system. 

He has NFL talent, so he'll be rich despite being a mouthy bonehead.

Oh really?   https://gofrogs.com/news/2021/7/2/football-evans-hilton-receive-big-12-academic-honor.aspx

• Like 2

In high school, in-person (which is, I presume, what you're wanting)?  That's a tough one.  Probably Scotland County's Zamir White.   Close second: Amat's Eric Bieniemy was a major thorn in our side when I was at MD.  Dude killed us every year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Tell us about seeing Najee Harris 

I'll comment on Najee . When thinking about great backs I have seen in person , he completely slipped my mind. He was very good , but didn't have that top line speed . I watched him at Dela and I mentally compared him to the best Dela backs . MJD imop was tier better than Harris . First time seeing MJD , I knew I was seeing an NFL back . No uncertainty there . Best I ever saw in person in H.S.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I'll comment on Najee . When thinking about great backs I have seen in person , he completely slipped my mind. He was very good , but didn't have that top line speed . I watched him at Dela and I mentally compared him to the best Dela backs . MJD imop was tier better than Harris . First time seeing MJD , I knew I was seeing an NFL back . No uncertainty there . Best I ever saw in person in H.S.

Is  he the best player out of DLS?

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

MJD probably had the most successful NFL career. He was a 3x All-Pro.

But I think DJ is the best HS football player DLS has had. People use the "man among boys" phrase often, but DJ really did look like he didn't belong on a HS football field. I think he was the no one recruit in the nation. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 1:59 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Deshaun Foster 

Tustin ran the Wing-T and fed Foster about 40 times a night. That was a good time.

Do you remember Mike McNair of MD? I remember those were the two star backs in the OC in the late 90s. McNair didn't pan out at ND, though. I'm not sure why.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I know DJ is the popular vote as "Best ", and you can't go wrong with that vote.  He was better defensively than offensively imop. Great, great both ways . MJD was a special offensive player, and also on special teams . He was lethal on punt returns and kickoff returns . The guy could get a couple of td's a game just on his own . And he was a great H.S. defensive player also . DJ and MJD are at the summit of Spartan football

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Thanks. I'll show him this. His nephew was on the football staff. 

Having said that, I know that "tutoring" college athletes is not the same as the real world. My oldest brother in law coached in the SEC (Ole Miss and Tenn) and and knows exactly how it works.

Awesome and my apologies if it's all him making the 3.0.

I'll delete the post.

• Like 1