Delta variant impact on the upcoming season

Bodysurf

19 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

As usual, you are correct sir.  Hope you and the fam are well.  

Golf,

Really nice of you to ask, thank you.  A lot of moving parts in the fam damily right now keeping us busy, but all good problems to have, and we in the immediate are all well (but a little further out, two in laws with long covid).  Son took a job too far away for my taste, but it's a great opportunity and he made a good call.  Helping him move next week.

Your meme hit home as we are planning a team reunion with our old coach in November, in Florida.  I'm guessing delta there will kinda follow what happened with delta in the UK and Fla is near the peak now, so hoping our plans won't get "Gillooly'd."

How are things with you and yours?

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2021 at 10:47 AM, 15yds4gibberish said:

Golf,

Really nice of you to ask, thank you.  A lot of moving parts in the fam damily right now keeping us busy, but all good problems to have, and we in the immediate are all well (but a little further out, two in laws with long covid).  Son took a job too far away for my taste, but it's a great opportunity and he made a good call.  Helping him move next week.

Your meme hit home as we are planning a team reunion with our old coach in November, in Florida.  I'm guessing delta there will kinda follow what happened with delta in the UK and Fla is near the peak now, so hoping our plans won't get "Gillooly'd."

How are things with you and yours?

Sorry to hear about your in laws :(.    

Congrats on your son's job!  Great news.  

Gilloolly'd lol!   Classic...  Indeed, FL is a clusterfu**  currently, but hope your plans go through (along with the HSFB season). 

Our Tourism related business has been Gillooly'd for about 18 months, but glad it happened recently and not when my wife and I were in our early 30's and just moving to FL.   

My son had a wicked time with Covid, but now is mostly OK.  My daughter is in Europe visiting her Grandparents and in a few weeks will start a Masters program in Accounting and Finance at a prestigious school in Europe, to further enhance her CV along with her Accounting degree (Magna Cum Laude).  Her goal is to live in Europe... so I have to make sure I have a working set of Bose silence headphones for the across the Pond flights.  :)   

My wife and I are empty nesters it seems... damn, another aging reality moment!  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Sorry to hear about your in laws :(.    

Congrats on your son's job!  Great news.  

Gilloolly'd lol!   Classic...  Indeed, FL is a clusterfu**  currently, but hope your plans go through (along with the HSFB season). 

Our Tourism related business has been Gillooly'd for about 18 months, but glad it happened recently and not when my wife and I were in our early 30's and just moving to FL.   

My son had a wicked time with Covid, but now is mostly OK.  My daughter is in Europe visiting her Grandparents and in a few weeks will start a Masters program in Accounting and Finance at a prestigious school in Europe, to further enhance her CV along with her Accounting degree (Magna Cum Laude).  Her goal is to live in Europe... so I have to make sure I have a working set of Bose silence headphones for the across the Pond flights.  :)   

My wife and I are empty nesters it seems... damn, another aging reality moment!  

Golf,

So sorry to hear about your son.  The way this thing can hide in various organs and emerge later is indeed wicked.  We have a niece who is probably about your son's age -- It was rough for her for awhile, and it took her a long time to recover, but it appears to be behind her now (she's not one of our long covid's).

So cool about your daughter!  You must be very proud.  Our son just finished up a two year fellowship over there, receiving his masters.   I have to wonder if it could possibly be from the same place  your daughter will be attending.  With the pandemic and lockdowns I don't think he had the experience he expected, but it turned out to be a rich and rewarding one anyway.   We'll have to compare notes sometime -- Congratulations to her -- Really sounds like she's engineered some wonderful opportunities for herself.

I hear you on the aging reality moment.  It has taken me a lot longer to adjust than I anticipated -- Still, bittersweet as it is, it's a good problem to have.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...