Delta variant impact on the upcoming season

Bodysurf

2 hours ago, badrouter said:

As I've said elsewhere, it all boils down to whether they test asymptomatic people, and also how they deal with "contact tracing" and quarantines. L.A. Unified is fucked, unless Newsom steps in and overrules them. They are testing ALL students and staff every single week, regardless of vaccination status or having symptoms or not. And if school districts follow L.A. Unified's approach (this does NOT appear likely) those districts will be fucked as well. ANY system testing all players and coaches every week regardless of status as well as mandating quarantines for positive PCR tests will be fucked.

Can we compile a list of associations/counties/districts that plan to test every single player and coach every week? That will be the list of schools who will have no different a 2021 season than their 2020 season.

CNUSD is trying to take a leadership position based on ensuring that students and athletes have minimal chance for Covid exposure.  Realistically, this has an inverse relationship to the likelihood of having games go on as scheduled.  Short term impact, another season scuttled. Long term impact, this could be a death knell for Cen10 football.   

Imagine if going forward teams have to schedule, not based on the quality of the opponent, but the likelihood that the opponent manages Covid in a way that games are likely to happen.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, On2whls said:

CNUSD is trying to take a leadership position based on ensuring that students and athletes have minimal chance for Covid exposure.  Realistically, this has an inverse relationship to the likelihood of having games go on as scheduled.  Short term impact, another season scuttled. Long term impact, this could be a death knell for Cen10 football.   

Imagine if going forward teams have to schedule, not based on the quality of the opponent, but the likelihood that the opponent manages Covid in a way that games are likely to happen.  

SEC vs B1G/PAC12…kids will go the schools where they know they will get to play games

I think the season will still happen but modified. I think most teams will play 8 or so games. California is different then most states. 

Will be interesting to see what the WCAC does- they made the correct call to push it back six months.  I think the big 4 will play at ryken again if need be. I think they will get all conference games and maybe 1-2 OOS games. Very much doubt the Catholic BR GC game happens. Think the SJR game happens. 8 games and playoffs.

There will be mutiny if they push off- data has shown that kids are going to catch it regardless. Our country squandered a medical miracle not being more stringent on vaccinations

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2021 at 11:56 AM, On2whls said:

How can Cen10 cancel a game on the 20th for safety reasons and a week ago but now are open to scrimmaging multiple teams on the 20th? Did Coach Logan cure Covid in 7 days?

8430E35B-3110-45EA-AE8E-EE5E503EC7AE.jpeg.69586371188a3a7a6f22630441cc97ad.jpeg

7 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

How can Cen10 cancel a game on the 20th for safety reasons and a week ago but now are open to scrimmaging multiple teams on the 20th? Did Coach Logan cure Covid in 7 days?

Great question.  I’ll see what I can find out but allowing a scrimmage seems contrary to their CNUSD mission. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I get that scrimmages are practices but the optics look terrible 

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Great question.  I’ll see what I can find out but allowing a scrimmage seems contrary to their CNUSD mission. 

Per the Post on the Other Thread, because of the COVID Stoppage Cen10 won’t have enough “Padded” practices to play in a Real Game per CIF rules….

Tough Break for Both Programs….

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 2:57 PM, Bodysurf said:

I hate being a Debbie Downer but who here is concerned of the potential impact of the delta variant on the upcoming season? This is not intended to be political either. There is a lot of uncertainty about whether there will be a spike in the Fall. This variant targets younger people. It is not good that just yesterday Los Angeles Country reinstituted the indoor mask mandate. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the upcoming season, at least in some parts of the country.

They shut my grandsons school down for the rest of the week today for multiple covid cases. They'll make a determination this weekend on next week.

He goes to a STEM school here in Georgia. They don't field a football team

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

IMG_2094.PNG

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/07/30/1022867219/cdc-study-provincetown-delta-vaccinated-breakthrough-mask-guidance?fbclid=IwAR0jktdHHPzD6bsrR3GxQIVkbGa4y5Q3zleK8RRikcG9Coo9UXRyC5FWHPk 

The vaccinated are the SUPER SPREADERS of the DELTA variant?
Can we please STOP all VACCINATIONS until this gets figured out.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, jserralions said:

It's all pretty crazy. I read and I know we all read, so much information. Some of it good, some of it bad, some of it opinion pieces. 

People are starting from an unrealistic thought process about these vaccines. They were never designed to eradicate covid 19. They're designed to trick the body into having an immune response similar to that it would have if you get the virus. What that does is basically train your immune system on what to do to deal with it if you do contract it.

You breathe in the virus and the body says, hey, I know you, you're that bullshit from before. Gtfo. Now you're not very sick and able to survive the virus without your own immune system attacking you in order to get rid of the virus. 

If you aren't vaccinated and you contract the virus, your body has never seen it or anything like it before and your immune system goes into over drive making you very ill. 

So now, basically what they're saying is those of us that are vaccinated can still contract it, but simply think it's like allergies or headache or sinusitis and due to not feeling ill, go spread the virus to those that aren't vaccinated. So, now, they want me to wear a mask even though I did all the stuff I needed to do to protect me, and they expect me to feel sorry for you that didn't get vaccinated or do what you needed to do to protect yourself. 

Once you have contracted the virus and survived it, that's as good as being vaccinated. Your body see that virus again and it says, hey I know you! Gtfo! 

There's basically two choices for how to deal with the virus. Get vaccinated so your body already knows what's up or get the virus and survive it. One is for sure playing Russian roulette so to speak. 

10 years from now I may be seeing commercials on TV saying... Did you get the J&J Covid vaccine? You may be eligible for compensation in a class action lawsuit brought by all the wives of men who got it. If your pecker got so big and you felt so much more manly in bed that it hurt your significant others, you should call us now. Don't hesitate. Call now. xD

But, I for sure know people that have died, and I for sure know people in my age group that fought it for weeks and say they wouldn't wish it on anyone. So there lies the roulette. Maybe you get it and it's like the sniffles, maybe you get it and battle it for weeks or maybe you get it and die. 

As for me, I'll be a superspreader and risk having to call a law firm 10 years from now for side effects pertaining to the vaccine.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

For the safety of the children…

image.png.b8e654dc0674d2b15888ab91571f708e.png

I just posted on another thread about this scrimmage... I said why dont they get a waiver to play an actual game vs the scrimmage? They're still pounding the pads.. its just the stats and records wont count? ... And Logan seems to be a coach would he push a waiver and want a real game..  

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2021 at 10:33 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

This thing has killed two more people that I knew personally in the last couple of months. 

Went to the doc last week for a sinus infection and she asked if I thought they should run the covid test on me. I said I had been vaccinated and she said three people the last couple of days were vaccinated and still test pos on the test. However they were mostly asymptomatic. 

Idk. With ICUs filling again, no telling what the future has in store for out football season. 

Most everyone is tired of it and don't care anymore. 

Your boy Cuomo caught Covid this morning.

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's all pretty crazy. I read and I know we all read, so much information. Some of it good, some of it bad, some of it opinion pieces. 

People are starting from an unrealistic thought process about these vaccines. They were never designed to eradicate covid 19. They're designed to trick the body into having an immune response similar to that it would have if you get the virus. What that does is basically train your immune system on what to do to deal with it if you do contract it.

You breathe in the virus and the body says, hey, I know you, you're that bullshit from before. Gtfo. Now you're not very sick and able to survive the virus without your own immune system attacking you in order to get rid of the virus. 

If you aren't vaccinated and you contract the virus, your body has never seen it or anything like it before and your immune system goes into over drive making you very ill. 

So now, basically what they're saying is those of us that are vaccinated can still contract it, but simply think it's like allergies or headache or sinusitis and due to not feeling ill, go spread the virus to those that aren't vaccinated. So, now, they want me to wear a mask even though I did all the stuff I needed to do to protect me, and they expect me to feel sorry for you that didn't get vaccinated or do what you needed to do to protect yourself. 

Once you have contracted the virus and survived it, that's as good as being vaccinated. Your body see that virus again and it says, hey I know you! Gtfo! 

There's basically two choices for how to deal with the virus. Get vaccinated so your body already knows what's up or get the virus and survive it. One is for sure playing Russian roulette so to speak. 

10 years from now I may be seeing commercials on TV saying... Did you get the J&J Covid vaccine? You may be eligible for compensation in a class action lawsuit brought by all the wives of men who got it. If your pecker got so big and you felt so much more manly in bed that it hurt your significant others, you should call us now. Don't hesitate. Call now. xD

But, I for sure know people that have died, and I for sure know people in my age group that fought it for weeks and say they wouldn't wish it on anyone. So there lies the roulette. Maybe you get it and it's like the sniffles, maybe you get it and battle it for weeks or maybe you get it and die. 

As for me, I'll be a superspreader and risk having to call a law firm 10 years from now for side effects pertaining to the vaccine.

We are now post pandy…if you get sick it on you…if you want a jab get one, if you want to “stay safe at home” you can and if you want to get crunked up and lick doorknobs you can…it’s up to you

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, covercorner said:

I just posted on another thread about this scrimmage... I said why dont they get a waiver to play an actual game vs the scrimmage? They're still pounding the pads.. its just the stats and records wont count? ... And Logan seems to be a coach would he push a waiver and want a real game..  

I guess the school district thinks you can’t get Covid if the coaches are aloud on the field

19 hours ago, jserralions said:

Despite the poorly conceived, sensationalist headlines, I have a contrarian hot take.  Provincetown is a good news story, and probably a view into the vaccinated future.  Highly vaccinated population, limited spread, few  hospitalizations, no ICU, no deaths, and the spike died out very quickly.  Contrast that with previous unvaccinated actual super-spreader events where people died and the hotspot continued to spread outward for months afterward .

From the article you linked:

image.png.f161eb319aeadc11e323e1a0da877fc9.png

• Thanks 2