Delta variant impact on the upcoming season

Bodysurf

11 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I hope you are right. The Cen10 game is apparently in jeopardy but I have not heard officially if Cen10 is under the COVID protocol. My concern is that with this highly contagious variant the chances of a kid getting infected are much higher than they were during the Spring season. All it takes is one kid for things to get shut down for the team.

Let me call my buddy the Auxiliary Bishop and tell him to stop funding for the testing at MD…can’t get positive test results if you don’t test anyone

A98BAB3B-838A-478E-A5D4-C0351F4CBECD.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

All of the OOS games involving teams from leftist counties are now up in the air. Miami Central, SJB, Bishop Gorman, SFA-STA all come to mind.

The Catholic schools will be fine and I don’t see gov desantis stoping the rockets from flying.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

The Catholic schools will be fine and I don’t see gov desantis stoping the rockets from flying.

Newsom losing the lawsuit over private school closures is KEY. Otherwise, you'd be on high alert.

Central may be stopped by Dade county. Dade was actually quite draconian throughout, using a curfew and other closures up through mid-April. I'm not rock solid on what DeSantis has/hasn't blocked for the counties beyond the mask mandate and schools being open. If he's not able to block a halt to extracurriculars, Dade is a decent bet to lock that down. Ditto Broward. Baltimore is hard left as well, and may block SFA from traveling.

6 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Newsom losing the lawsuit over private school closures is KEY. Otherwise, you'd be on high alert.

Central may be stopped by Dade county. Dade was actually quite draconian throughout, using a curfew and other closures up through mid-April. I'm not rock solid on what DeSantis has/hasn't blocked for the counties beyond the mask mandate and schools being open. If he's not able to block a halt to extracurriculars, Dade is a decent bet to lock that down. Ditto Broward. Baltimore is hard left as well, and may block SFA from traveling.

The only one that could stop MD from going to DV at this point is the State CIF offices and if they do Gavin might as well get a empty box

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

The only one that could stop MD from going to DV at this point is the State CIF offices and if they do Gavin might as well get a empty box

I'm actually afraid that could happen. They've already proven they will trample over children so as to produce "the optics" that show that they "care" and knew they had to "do something".

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

It’s official. MD now with a 7 game schedule assuming the Hawaii game is cancelled which it undoubtedly will be.

The iceberg shows it’s ugly tip.   Fall football in SO CA is going to end up a mess.   I hope for the kids sake, education doesn’t take a big hit again too.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2021 at 2:57 PM, Bodysurf said:

I hate being a Debbie Downer but who here is concerned of the potential impact of the delta variant on the upcoming season? This is not intended to be political either. There is a lot of uncertainty about whether there will be a spike in the Fall. This variant targets younger people. It is not good that just yesterday Los Angeles Country reinstituted the indoor mask mandate. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the upcoming season, at least in some parts of the country.

I'm concerned, because the enemy partee seems to have a death wish, by not getting vaxxed! Six months into vaxxing, and a lil more than 50% vaccinated, just ain't gonna cut it!

On 7/16/2021 at 10:31 PM, Bodysurf said:

I’m not so sure about that. Do some googleing and you will see that it may be just the opposite. Delta is not only more transmissible, it is more severe according to reputable studies. 

NAME those REPUTABLE STUDIES?

But being vaxxed lessens your chances at a severe case of the Delta Variant! For whatEVER THAT'S worth!

6 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I don’t see the OC schools taking a step back

Not until they start to get positives.  It’s still very early. The thing about Corona Virus is it’s likely going to be here to stay in varying forms, and at some point it will be far less damaging overall.  If we don’t learn how to deal with it soon, who knows how it will continue to impact football here. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

NAME those REPUTABLE STUDIES?

But being vaxxed lessens your chances at a severe case of the Delta Variant! For whatEVER THAT'S worth!

There are plenty is you look. One was even published in The Lancet with is one of the most reputable medical journals there is.

I agree 100% that being vaxed lessons your chances of severe disease. This is irrefutable 

https://asm.org/Articles/2021/July/How-Dangerous-is-the-Delta-Variant-B-1-617-2

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Not until they start to get positives.  It’s still very early. The thing about Corona Virus is it’s likely going to be here to stay in varying forms, and at some point it will be far less damaging overall.  If we don’t learn how to deal with it soon, who knows how it will continue to impact football here. 

As I've said elsewhere, it all boils down to whether they test asymptomatic people, and also how they deal with "contact tracing" and quarantines. L.A. Unified is fucked, unless Newsom steps in and overrules them. They are testing ALL students and staff every single week, regardless of vaccination status or having symptoms or not. And if school districts follow L.A. Unified's approach (this does NOT appear likely) those districts will be fucked as well. ANY system testing all players and coaches every week regardless of status as well as mandating quarantines for positive PCR tests will be fucked.

Can we compile a list of associations/counties/districts that plan to test every single player and coach every week? That will be the list of schools who will have no different a 2021 season than their 2020 season.