Top Georgia season opening games

20 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! A 5'4" WR named TAY TAY Ponder, broke Grayson's back when we last played in Gwinnett county! It ain't how big you ARE, it's how big you PLAY!

Normally I’d agree with you, but a talented 280lb OL kicks a talented 190lb OLs ass eight days a week. Wish it weren’t true, but those of us here who know football know better. There’s a reason there aren’t 200lb linemen in the NFL.......

5 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Normally I’d agree with you, but a talented 280lb OL kicks a talented 190lb OLs ass eight days a week. Wish it weren’t true, but those of us here who know football know better. There’s a reason there aren’t 200lb linemen in the NFL.......

But on the NINTH day they rested! I saw those 190lb. DE's from Lincoln Co. and Thomson, bitch slap two All American OL from Burke Co. and Jefferson Co.!(Mercedes Hamilton and Fernando Velasquez) BIG means something in college! But at the high school level, those smaller dudes are on you before you can get outa your stance!

1 hour ago, Old Rabid One said:

But on the NINTH day they rested! I saw those 190lb. DE's from Lincoln Co. and Thomson, bitch slap two All American OL from Burke Co. and Jefferson Co.!(Mercedes Hamilton and Fernando Velasquez) BIG means something in college! But at the high school level, those smaller dudes are on you before you can get outa your stance!

While I agree, to an extent, if you’ve got quality OL they’re gonna win out. The smaller cats can sneak past them a few times, but come the middle of the third quarter those kids get tire from being leaned on by kids outweighing them by 100lbs. 

A smart coach puts the ball in his RBs hands and tells him to follow the biggest asses to the promised land. Kinda like getting married! 

(wink)

It's not 1950 anymore Rab... 

There are some talented small players. 

It would be foolish to say otherwise but what Larry's saying reigns true more now than ever. 

The odds someone under 200 is gonna measure up to 200+ is VERY Slim. 

I'd also think the guy with Marietta Athletic Department connections and kids in the school system would know more about What Marietta has going on. 

Than someone from Gray... 

Lincoln County and Thomson aren't even half of what they used to be back in the Era of what you're talking about... 

Larry Campbell left after 30+ years at Lincoln and the state titles left with him... 

And Thomson need Coach Welsh to come back from the dead... theyre stuck in such a rut its pathetic... 

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

In Pelham.... 

Pffttt.... 

I mean atleast Albany,Thomasville and Valdosta have stuff to do... 

But small little old Pelham.... 

Wow... talk about ambitious... 

This is why so many of us just sit in awe of the goings on. 

Hard to believe anyone would think their exposure level goes up by moving to Pelham. 

15 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

No. CC is a top 25 team nationally. Marietta will be decent and compete with a lot of teams, but if CC can’t beat us soundly they may be a bit overrated. That’s all. 

No knock at either team, just an honest assessment from somebody who knows football. 

I have no doubt we're overrated. You can't lose practically your entire defense, QB and 3/4 of your offensive line and not have growing pains to open the season.

I'm hoping we can make the game close. The thought of pulling off a win on the road with a team this young is a stretch.

2 minutes ago, 67packer said:

I have no doubt we're overrated. You can't lose practically your entire defense, QB and 3/4 of your offensive line and not have growing pains to open the season.

I'm hoping we can make the game close. The thought of pulling off a win on the road with a team this young is a stretch.

Yall sound like your Week 2 opponent Westlake... 

They lost a lot...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 67packer said:

Add to that...our recent setback...and things just got more complicated.

Sometimes I think we just can't catch a break.  But hopefully...we can get a couple of poor, tiny, little undersized Hawgs to step up.  Coach Hanson has one tough job....but I believe he can overcome.

Rufus>>

13 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Damn.... 

Somebody did say Westlake was taking a step back this season. But to get blown like that... 

How bad did NC beat CG?

And thats foreboding for The Hoyas... 

I mean these are just OTAs. And I've gotten a lot of hate from Westlake people for not putting them in the finals. Goes as far as making me question what they preach over there in that program honestly...

54 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Shitty coaching at westlake. Period.

All I did was predict that Westlake would lose in the semifinals (which is generous) and immediately I was hit with threats. One time I left RJ Johnson off the top 10 QB's in GA list because I felt he was like 11 or 12 and yeah, it was horrible. Never experienced so much disrespect from any other school ever. Sad part is I actually loved that school, it seemed so awesome.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is why so many of us just sit in awe of the goings on. 

Hard to believe anyone would think their exposure level goes up by moving to Pelham. 

Its better than sitting on the bench and having no film. Its pretty simple if you think.

15 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Its better than sitting on the bench and having no film. Its pretty simple if you think.

The kids that have went there have film already. Zane has had starts for Colquitt Varsoty and ran the JV for 2 years. 

But, if they aren't playing at all in Moultrie, then, maybe that makes some sense. 

Zane won't play on a scholarship outside of an NAIA or something no matter where he plays ball this year. His dad will still have to kick out 60 to 80 k for the kid to play ball in college. Some peoples expectations are way too high and they can't handle the truth when they're counseled on it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The kids that have went there have film already. Zane has had starts for Colquitt Varsoty and ran the JV for 2 years. 

But, if they aren't playing at all in Moultrie, then, maybe that makes some sense. 

Zane won't play on a scholarship outside of an NAIA or something no matter where he plays ball this year. His dad will still have to kick out 60 to 80 k for the kid to play ball on college. Some peoples expectations are way too high and they can't handle the truth when they're counseled on it. 

I don't know the answer...but did Z-Man step into the starting role in Pelham?

God...I hope he did.......

Rufus>>

12 hours ago, 67packer said:

There’s a reason people think cc is a top 50 team nationally and Marietta isn’t too 50 in Georgia. 

6 minutes ago, 67packer said:

If there's a reason other than reputation I don't know what it would be.

Size and depth. Everybody loses kids. 

The question about cc, from a national perspective, is the coach. Many aren’t believers. 

I personally think you guys upgraded. You avoided the impending shitstorm that valdosta caught. It wasn’t if with rush, but when. The fact that y’all kept his bullshit hidden for ten years (when most knew what was happening) is testimony to people pulling in the same direction. 

12 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Size and depth. Everybody loses kids. 

The question about cc, from a national perspective, is the coach. Many aren’t believers. 

I personally think you guys upgraded. You avoided the impending shitstorm that valdosta caught. It wasn’t if with rush, but when. The fact that y’all kept his bullshit hidden for ten years (when most knew what was happening) is testimony to people pulling in the same direction. 

What was we hiding?