Top Georgia season opening games

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I dont trust CP rankings and GAC is still trying to get over the hump that's been plaguing them since they where competing against Benedictine and Marist... 

Made it to the state finals 2 years in a row and lost to Benedictine both times... 

Ok, forget about that game.

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I dont trust CP rankings and GAC is still trying to get over the hump that's been plaguing them since they where competing against Benedictine and Marist... 

Made it to the state finals 2 years in a row and lost to Benedictine both times... 

Can’t wait for the Columbus FL at Benedictine game! #PGL 

@HooverOutlawwhat's Phenix Central looking like? 

Central (Phenix City,AL) travels to Peach County and thats not an easy place to win... 

Peach County plays nothing but larger schools until region play... 

that's how they schedule every single year... 

Because smaller schools and similar classed schools won't play them... 

And they win... 

They have some Large Players.... 

They put the nails to 6A power Lee County... 

So will 7A power Central fair better? 

31 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@HooverOutlawwhat's Phenix Central looking like? 

Central (Phenix City,AL) travels to Peach County and thats not an easy place to win... 

Peach County plays nothing but larger schools until region play... 

that's how they schedule every single year... 

Because smaller schools and similar classed schools won't play them... 

And they win... 

They have some Large Players.... 

They put the nails to 6A power Lee County... 

So will 7A power Central fair better? 

Central should be good. This will be Patrick Nix's 2nd year as HC . Should be better in his 2nd year.  Probably a toss up game at Peach County.  Central's depth may win the game in 4th quarter. I know peach county is solid.  

Central may win the south in 7A. 

Man, I love my Packers, but, I can't put them top 25 nationally with a sophomore QB. Neko Fann is a cool Star Wars type name and he's a good looking young qb, but, like I said, young. 

I think there's probably an argument for us to be top 5 in the state maybe, but, we'd have to go against the grain for the preseason rankings where there's most concentration on roster. 

I'd guess most services would have us top 10 in Georgia, and top 100 somewhere nationally. Too many question marks early on with the roster raiding from surrounding schools and young qb.

That new coach from Thomas County Central that took over at Pelham wants to do some shit quick. He's after area players and coaches alike. 

I do think the Colquitt @ Marietta game should garner some attention in week 1. Two Georgia brand name teams going at it in week 1 should always have some eyes on it from a  national perspective. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

South Forsyth @ Roswell is interesting. 

A game between 2 Solid teams.  

Roswell will probably win it but not by much. 

They have a few Defensive stars to keep an eye on. 

And South Forsyth is gonna be one of those Good team ball teams this year. But not enough to win them a title or make a deep run. 

I don't think this game will be as great as we think. Sure, the score may be close, but besides that, nothing really stands out to me. South Forsyth lost their QB to Johns Creek and graduated their leading receiver. Roswell lost their entire starting WR corps and rely too heavily on Ethan Nation defensively.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

We're not that far away from the start of the season

And we've got some good games headlining the season start:

South Forsyth (Cumming,GA) @ Roswell (GA)

Hillgrove (Marietta,GA) @ Norcross(GA)

Tucker (GA) @ Dacula (GA)- A battle between 2 Gritty Tough as nails North Atlanta squads. Both these teams are 6A players they could both end up meeting in the playoffs as well. 

Westlake (Atlanta,GA) @ Archer (Lawrenceville,GA) 

Colquitt County(Moultrie,GA) @ Marietta (GA)- Dont know what the  Blue Devils have coming back but Marietta better be ready for a stiff Test at Home. Otherwise they'll be embarrassed at home... 

Walton (Marietta,GA) @ Lowndes (Valdosta,GA) Corkey Kell Game being played in Atlanta. The Raiders are without a doubt gonna bring a big crowd but will that be enough to help the Raiders beat a Invigorated Viking Squad? 

Hoover (AL) @ North Gwinnett (Suwanee,GA) 

Brookwood (Snellville,GA) @ Collins Hill (Suwanee,GA)

If Colquitt can get by Marietta! They SHOULD have smooth sailing in the next three games with Westlake, Cedar Grove, and Valdosta!🙄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

If Colquitt can get by Marietta! They SHOULD have smooth sailing in the next three games with Westlake, Cedar Grove, and Valdosta!🙄

I'm looking forward to seeing how our O-line performs for the young qb. That Isaiah Palmore kid is playing tackle at 6' 3" and closing in on 310 lbs is a senior now. Looks like Cam Erving did to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how our O-line performs for the young qb. That Isaiah Palmore kid is playing tackle at 6' 3" and closing in on 310 lbs is a senior now. Looks like Cam Erving did to me. 

According to the Moultrie Disturber, Coach Hansen says that his OL will surprise many folks this season!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

I don't think this game will be as great as we think. Sure, the score may be close, but besides that, nothing really stands out to me. South Forsyth lost their QB to Johns Creek and graduated their leading receiver. Roswell lost their entire starting WR corps and rely too heavily on Ethan Nation defensively.

If they throw it Ethan’s way, he’s picking it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

@TheMaximumHornetSting

Don't know whether this interests you but I have some scrimmage scores...

North Cobb beats Westlake 49-7.

North Cobb beats Cedar Grove.

Trinity Christian beats Harrison 49-0.

Damn.... 

Somebody did say Westlake was taking a step back this season. But to get blown like that... 

How bad did NC beat CG?

And thats foreboding for The Hoyas... 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, I love my Packers, but, I can't put them top 25 nationally with a sophomore QB. Neko Fann is a cool Star Wars type name and he's a good looking young qb, but, like I said, young. 

I think there's probably an argument for us to be top 5 in the state maybe, but, we'd have to go against the grain for the preseason rankings where there's most concentration on roster. 

I'd guess most services would have us top 10 in Georgia, and top 100 somewhere nationally. Too many question marks early on with the roster raiding from surrounding schools and young qb.

That new coach from Thomas County Central that took over at Pelham wants to do some shit quick. He's after area players and coaches alike

I do think the Colquitt @ Marietta game should garner some attention in week 1. Two Georgia brand name teams going at it in week 1 should always have some eyes on it from a  national perspective. 

In Pelham.... 

Pffttt.... 

I mean atleast Albany,Thomasville and Valdosta have stuff to do... 

But small little old Pelham.... 

Wow... talk about ambitious... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

If CC doesn’t beat Marietta by 3+TDs they’re not as good as advertised. Everybody says, “It’s the first game of the season” and I don’t know what that means? I mean, it’s the first game for both teams. That provides no advantage for anybody.

Fact is Marietta just isn’t big enough to hang with CC for four quarters. We have enough skill kids to give them a good look, but not enough horses for the whole ride. 

Colquitt will be starting four new DB's, and a totally revamped OL/DL! And the BEST part is, that their starting QB was THIRD STRING six months ago!

2 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

Colquitt will be starting four new DB's, and a totally revamped OL/DL! And the BEST part is, that their starting QB was THIRD STRING six months ago!

And? We literally start two OL a less than 200lbs. That’s the truth. Couple that with our two WRs both being under 5’8” and yes, we’re tiny. 

Wait and see. 

3 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

And? We literally start two OL a less than 200lbs. That’s the truth. Couple that with our two WRs both being under 5’8” and yes, we’re tiny. 

Wait and see. 

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! A 5'4" WR named TAY TAY Ponder, broke Grayson's back when we last played in Gwinnett county! It ain't how big you ARE, it's how big you PLAY!