Valdosta Wildcat player to sue the ghsa

Ga96

15 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Cmon Fred. The spirit of the rule is what’s violated. It is what it is, but everybody in America know what Grayson is. If you are naive (I know you’re not dumb) enough to think that the rules were set up for kids to move in and then skate as soon as the season ends, I have a bridge in Marietta to sell you. 

Be as defensive as you like, but everybody knows what goes on. I never said you didn’t follow the rules, but the self righteousness is laughable. Easier to say, “Yep. Kids had their families make bona fide moves into Grayson them make bona fide moves minutes after they’re done with their season.” That is what happens. 

Did you ever once hear me say I liked it?  I think it stinks and I hate it.  I personally am glad he was declared ineligible for further sports the rest of his senior year. That doesn't change the fact that the move to Grayson was 100% bonafide.  His dad played us all.  All he wanted was for junior to get as much exposure as he could and let's face it, he did.  I don't understand why that is so hard to understand for some people.  You point the finger at us and talk like we are doing everything we can to flaunt the rules.  I guess it never occurred to you and others that the parents sometimes/often time have their own ulterior motive. 

The 2016 team *was* player and family motivated whether you believe it or not.  They got together and said if we all move to Grayson (which already was projected to be a player in the ships that year) we will collectively get more attention than we would get spread out all over.  When they got here they had to earn their spot as well.  There were more than one or two that didn't automatically start.  It was a rude awakening for them.  Nor did they monopolize the playing time.  They rotated in and out during the times where it was still important and not just garbage minutes.  I know because I was there for every minute of every game unlike the naysayers.  But the plan worked.  They all got mentioned all the time not matter who the story was about.

Just like Garcia coming to us.  We didn't contact him, we didn't ask him to come, we were doing pretty good without him, and when he came we made him earn his spot.  Garcia and his parents were thinking only about how best to maximize the benefits to him.  There was a little ulterior motive coming our way vs staying in S Georgia with the people he felt turned him in (yes he made friends at Valdosta, I'm talking about the surrounding schools).  Heck, they were living in Valdosta for God's sake!  Why didn't he just move over to those all world beaters Lowndes?  It would have been a lot easier and not cost as much.  He came to the place they thought they had the best chance to win a championship, get the publicity and enhance his standing, and thumb their collective noses at the part of Georgia that turned against him.  And what do you know?  It worked!

Kids in the metro area have opportunities others don't and that's a fact of life.  Moving around is easy and mom and dad rarely have to change jobs to do it.  I've become convinced the parents' egos are bigger than their kids and as such are willing to do things most of us would never consider.  You can see it in the moves in and around Cobb county and you can see it in the car pooling to a school in another county in S Georgia.  And yes, you can see it in Gwinnett.  It isn't noticed as much in DeKalb because they con change schools pretty much at will as I understand it.  North Fulton is a lot like Gwinnett with the opportunities and means.

What "everyone knows" is very likely less than they think it is.  Your statement “Yep. Kids had their families make bona fide moves into Grayson them make bona fide moves minutes after they’re done with their season.” proves my point.  He was the only kid to do that to the best of my knowledge although I readily admit I could be wrong.  Any others that left after football season graduated and went on to their college of choice.  I don't see anything wrong with that.

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Cmon Fred. The spirit of the rule is what’s violated. It is what it is, but everybody in America know what Grayson is. If you are naive (I know you’re not dumb) enough to think that the rules were set up for kids to move in and then skate as soon as the season ends, I have a bridge in Marietta to sell you. 

Be as defensive as you like, but everybody knows what goes on. I never said you didn’t follow the rules, but the self righteousness is laughable. Easier to say, “Yep. Kids had their families make bona fide moves into Grayson them make bona fide moves minutes after they’re done with their season.” That is what happens. 

At rhe time this happened there was wording in the bylaws about having to remain in that district for 1 year in order to complete the bona fide move. I've looked for that since and it's magically missing now. 

Anyway... That transfer in and back out was shady and everyone knows it. 

46 minutes ago, Fred said:

Did you ever once hear me say I liked it?  I think it stinks and I hate it.  I personally am glad he was declared ineligible for further sports the rest of his senior year. That doesn't change the fact that the move to Grayson was 100% bonafide.  His dad played us all.  All he wanted was for junior to get as much exposure as he could and let's face it, he did.  I don't understand why that is so hard to understand for some people.  You point the finger at us and talk like we are doing everything we can to flaunt the rules.  I guess it never occurred to you and others that the parents sometimes/often time have their own ulterior motive. 

The 2016 team *was* player and family motivated whether you believe it or not.  They got together and said if we all move to Grayson (which already was projected to be a player in the ships that year) we will collectively get more attention than we would get spread out all over.  When they got here they had to earn their spot as well.  There were more than one or two that didn't automatically start.  It was a rude awakening for them.  Nor did they monopolize the playing time.  They rotated in and out during the times where it was still important and not just garbage minutes.  I know because I was there for every minute of every game unlike the naysayers.  But the plan worked.  They all got mentioned all the time not matter who the story was about.

Just like Garcia coming to us.  We didn't contact him, we didn't ask him to come, we were doing pretty good without him, and when he came we made him earn his spot.  Garcia and his parents were thinking only about how best to maximize the benefits to him.  There was a little ulterior motive coming our way vs staying in S Georgia with the people he felt turned him in (yes he made friends at Valdosta, I'm talking about the surrounding schools).  Heck, they were living in Valdosta for God's sake!  Why didn't he just move over to those all world beaters Lowndes?  It would have been a lot easier and not cost as much.  He came to the place they thought they had the best chance to win a championship, get the publicity and enhance his standing, and thumb their collective noses at the part of Georgia that turned against him.  And what do you know?  It worked!

Kids in the metro area have opportunities others don't and that's a fact of life.  Moving around is easy and mom and dad rarely have to change jobs to do it.  I've become convinced the parents' egos are bigger than their kids and as such are willing to do things most of us would never consider.  You can see it in the moves in and around Cobb county and you can see it in the car pooling to a school in another county in S Georgia.  And yes, you can see it in Gwinnett.  It isn't noticed as much in DeKalb because they con change schools pretty much at will as I understand it.  North Fulton is a lot like Gwinnett with the opportunities and means.

What "everyone knows" is very likely less than they think it is.  Your statement “Yep. Kids had their families make bona fide moves into Grayson them make bona fide moves minutes after they’re done with their season.” proves my point.  He was the only kid to do that to the best of my knowledge although I readily admit I could be wrong.  Any others that left after football season graduated and went on to their college of choice.  I don't see anything wrong with that.

Again with the defensive bullshit when it isn’t necessary. If YOU can point out where I said you cheated then show us all. 

I said the rule and the spirit of the rule are two different things. I never said Grayson broke a rule. I said the spirit of the rule wasn’t for kids amd families to make “bona fide” moves to play a sport and then leave at seasons end. If you think that’s why the rule was written the way it was you are wrong! Hence the garcia/Grayson rule that has apparently been created after the fact this season. 

I’ll say it once again, I never said Grayson cheated. They didn’t. But if you don’t think that shit is janky you’re the ultimate homer. 

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Anyway... That transfer in and back out was shady and everyone knows it. 

And I agree with that.  What I take exception to is those that say we encouraged it or even knew about it until it happened or claim that is business as usual at Grayson. We didn't and it isn't.  One of the reasons that I'm pretty sure we had nothing to do with it or knew about it was there were some interesting family dynamics in play.  When dad moved and took junior with him, mom stayed and sister did too and stayed enrolled at Grayson.  That could have played a role in the move but since I wasn't there, I don't know.  Just like no one outside their family knows.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Again with the defensive bullshit when it isn’t necessary. If YOU can point out where I said you cheated then show us all.

I said the rule and the spirit of the rule are two different things. I never said Grayson broke a rule. I said the spirit of the rule wasn’t for kids amd families to make “bona fide” moves to play a sport and then leave at seasons end. If you think that’s why the rule was written the way it was you are wrong! Hence the garcia/Grayson rule that has apparently been created after the fact this season.

I’ll say it once again, I never said Grayson cheated. They didn’t. But if you don’t think that shit is janky you’re the ultimate homer. 

Multiple times you've said everything but those words.  Your attitude comes across as "No, Grayson didn't cheat. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, ha-ha).

I never claim we are perfect.  I do defend we are not what you and others make us out to be.  Hmm, you tend to get defensive about it being said your coach recruits and cheats.  What's the difference in me backing my team?  Nothing.  Just as I don't know much about the inner workings of your team, you don't know about the inner workings of my team.

10 minutes ago, Fred said:

Multiple times you've said everything but those words.  Your attitude comes across as "No, Grayson didn't cheat. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, ha-ha).

I never claim we are perfect.  I do defend we are not what you and others make us out to be.  Hmm, you tend to get defensive about it being said your coach recruits and cheats.  What's the difference in me backing my team?  Nothing.  Just as I don't know much about the inner workings of your team, you don't know about the inner workings of my team.

Are you shitting me? Who in the hell are you to tell me what I mean with the “nudge wink” garbage? You don’t know what the hell is going on with your own team. I’ll tell you this, Grayson is the only school in the state who had somebody that was their fucking recruiting coordinator. 

Everybody knows that Grayson has always had a high number of move ins that you’d like everybody to believe just happen with no encouragement.  They don’t. I know for a fact that a Marietta kid was recruited to go to Grayson! And he did, albeit for a semester and he didn’t even play for you. And I give two shits about you believing me, but I am friends with the kids dad and the words came straight outta his mouth. If you wanna call him a liar, knock yourself out, but he wasn’t the only one according to the former Marietta parent. There were several. 

Let me be transparent here. I don’t care! I think if a kid wants to play at abc school he should be able to. I just chuckle at the holier than thou bullshit by people who want so badly for everybody to believe that they are on the up and up and that the many transfers that came to their schools were all in their own accord with no talk about it by anybody. No coaches. No parents. No boosters. NOBODY! 

You can’t make this up! It’s ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Sweetlarry said:

Are you shitting me? Who in the hell are you to tell me what I mean with the “nudge wink” garbage? You don’t know what the hell is going on with your own team. I’ll tell you this, Grayson is the only school in the state who had somebody that was their fucking recruiting coordinator.

Everybody knows that Grayson has always had a high number of move ins that you’d like everybody to believe just happen with no encouragement.  They don’t. I know for a fact that a Marietta kid was recruited to go to Grayson! And he did, albeit for a semester and he didn’t even play for you. And I give two shits about you believing me, but I am friends with the kids dad and the words came straight outta his mouth. If you wanna call him a liar, knock yourself out, but he wasn’t the only one according to the former Marietta parent. There were several.

Let me be transparent here. I don’t care! I think if a kid wants to play at abc school he should be able to. I just chuckle at the holier than thou bullshit by people who want so badly for everybody to believe that they are on the up and up and that the many transfers that came to their schools were all in their own accord with no talk about it by anybody. No coaches. No parents. No boosters. NOBODY!

You can’t make this up! It’s ridiculous.

And so you prove my point.  Enjoy your evening and weekend.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Fred said:

And so you prove my point.  Enjoy your evening and weekend.

And you prove mine. Another head in the sand fan whose school is just better than everybody else because they don’t recruit by golly! Everybody comes to Grayson eyes closed and is awakened when they arrive. 

Enjoy your weekend too, Friend!