The #1 Rated LB Cy Park's Harold Perkins is a Katrina Kid.

RedZone

Just now, RedZone said:

It really doesn't matter.

I just want him at LSU and his family is here in NOLA/Louisiana which is a tool. They want him here.

Why is this so tough?

Despite two 247 recruiting experts claiming Texas A&M are the frontrunner / "confidence pick", the joys of relocating back to the Perkins' first home, Louisiana, may have more magnetism than some would expect.....home is home, although Texas has been a new fortified home.

Everything seems to be up in the air with a slight Tigers lean (follow the actions, I see more action and movement in June toward Baton Rouge than I do College Station), and though the process is a long and winding road to February's National Signing Day, the Tigers may just be the team to beat if you want to sign the best LB of the 2022 class.

and, that's it!

Jesus Christ!

27 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Where does the kid say he is from?

my niece and nephew moved to Texas when one was in middle school and the other elementary….they are Texas to the core and you couldn’t tell them other wise.I can only assume at 2 years old that’s a Texas kid because that’s where he grew up

Lots of Katrina kids have come home to Louisiana and LSU.. Grant Delpit was one recently....LSU great and 2nd Round NFL selection. I'm just hoping there is still Louisiana blood in Perkins and as long as his family is here it probably is at the end of the day. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Delpit

Born in New Orleans, Delpit and his family were displaced after Hurricane Katrina and eventually settled in Houston, Texas. Delpit attended St. Thomas High School for two years before transferring to Lamar High School as a junior. For his senior season, he transferred to IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, where he was teammates with Dylan Moses. As a senior he had 47 tackles and five interceptions. He committed to Louisiana State University (LSU) to play college football.

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

I think you guys are missing the bigger picture here. This was a natural disaster that ripped families apart. I lived through this being close to the Louisiana border. It was a wild time. Houston got a huge influx of people from Katrina and Rita evacuations. As did other parts of Texas. I have a buddy that's from NOLA and I asked him why of all places did you come to Lufkin. His response "It was the first place we stopped". 

Houston's crime rate doubled after the Katrina evacuees arrived.  Coincidence?  I think not.  The only good thing that ever came out of Louisiana was the Cajun Navy.  Those are good dudes.  But, they go home when their work is done.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

Houston's crime rate doubled after the Kartina evacuees arrived.  Cooincidence?  I think not.  The only good thing that ever came out of Louisiana was the Cajun Navy.  Those are good dudes.  But, they go home when there work is done.

They got pretty good chicken Sandmiches too not great but Good

13 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

Houston's crime rate doubled after the Katrina evacuees arrived.  Coincidence?  I think not.  The only good thing that ever came out of Louisiana was the Cajun Navy.  Those are good dudes.  But, they go home when their work is done.

It was a real tough situation that followed. You had people showing up that had just lost everything. It was a recipe for high crime.

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

It was a real tough situation that followed. You had people showing up that had just lost everything. It was a recipe for high crime.

yard dart doesn't know much about open enrollment in Texas high schools or crime rates in Houston.......sorta sad, but typical when people just want something to be true or not true so bad.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Study-Katrina-crime-wave-nonexistent-in-Houston-1715592.php

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, RedZone said:

yard dart doesn't know much about open enrollment in Texas high schools or crime rates in Houston.......sorta sad, but typical when people just want something to be true or not true so bad.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Study-Katrina-crime-wave-nonexistent-in-Houston-1715592.php

“What we found in Houston was there appears to be an increase in some categories of crime, in particular murder and robbery, during the Katrina time period when the evacuees came to Houston."

The Houston Chronicle also said Joe Biden was the right choice for President, and Sylvester Turner was the right choice for mayor.

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...