IMG calling out MD they said the Monarchs are scared

Ga96

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Yes it appears that we have  another crop of young novice posters who think stuff people buy on the local boards will fly here.  The esteemed members on this board can sniff an excuse post just by looking at the thread title

They will need to find their "A "game by August or risk making "the list".  Which gives me a good idea for a new poster related thread.  Just need to refine it enough to get it some traction.

Not the list!! Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

Shouldn’t the tweet be directed at the CIF for not allowing California schools to play IMG and not at the school? 

If this tweet is from IMG as thread title  indicates “IMG calls out MD” then their PR department is brutal and not doing a good job. If it’s just from an individual then their just a retard. 

• Haha 2

On 7/14/2021 at 9:53 PM, Ga96 said:

I see cali fans love to forget they beat img playing those kids at 1am ET after flying out. Professional athletes don't do that. 

On 7/14/2021 at 9:55 PM, Ararar said:

6B998A23-4720-41F1-BBB9-13C784565574.gif

I can't believe I'm doing this agreeing with Ga96 but when does pointing out a true factor become an excuse?  People are too quick to play the excuse card instead of having  reasonable discussion about whatever factor is under discussion.  It may or may not be valid, I don't know as I'm not familiar with the circumstances but my point stays the same in general.

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Shouldn’t the tweet be directed at the CIF for not allowing California schools to play IMG and not at the school?

If this tweet is from IMG as thread title  indicates “IMG calls out MD” then their PR department is brutal and not doing a good job. If it’s just from an individual then they're just challenged.

FIFY

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fred said:

I can't believe I'm doing this agreeing with Ga96 but when does pointing out a true factor become an excuse?  People are too quick to play the excuse card instead of having  reasonable discussion about whatever factor is under discussion.  It may or may not be valid, I don't know as I'm not familiar with the circumstances but my point stays the same in general.

It has no validity.As pointed out IMG flew in two days early.Plenty of time to get adjusted to game time.It also wasn’t their first time playing in California as they had played here at least 3 other times.So yes it’s just an excuse.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They wanted to play MD, but the CIF permanently banned them from playing CA teams for the foreseeable future. Sad. 

So apparently the rule is CIF says teams that don't play in any playoffs aren't eligible to play CIF schools. Does Florida allow IMG to play in playoff games?

7 minutes ago, Griff said:

So apparently the rule is CIF says teams that don't play in any playoffs aren't eligible to play CIF schools. Does Florida allow IMG to play in playoff games?

That's not the rule as SFA can still play football in CA and they don't participate in their state playoffs.

The CIF defines an "Academy" in certain, subjective terms. They established this rule mainly to keep the AAU-type, pop-up basketball schools (Montverde, La Lumiere, Wasatch, etc.) out of Cali. Unfortunately, IMG is included on this list of prohibited schools on the football side. 

38 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That's not the rule as SFA can still play football in CA and they don't participate in their state playoffs.

The CIF defines an "Academy" in certain, subjective terms. They established this rule mainly to keep the AAU-type, pop-up basketball schools (Montverde, La Lumiere, Wasatch, etc.) out of Cali. Unfortunately, IMG is included on this list of prohibited schools on the football side. 

Well that's not what this says at all. But maybe they don't know SFA doesn't play in state playoffs.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-high-schools-sondheimer-20180412-story.html

Screenshot_20210719-093828_Chrome.jpg

9 minutes ago, Griff said:

Well that's not what this says at all. But maybe they don't know SFA doesn't play in state playoffs.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-high-schools-sondheimer-20180412-story.html

Screenshot_20210719-093828_Chrome.jpg

There are exceptions like SFA. That's all I'm saying. Hoping a waiver system gets put into place soon so MD/SJB can start playing the Ascenders again. 

8 hours ago, Griff said:

Correct.  Neither can Cali teams play schools that have 5th year players.

Trust me, MD would gladly play IMG again if it were up to us.

• Like 1