21 SJR vs 28 Good Counsel (Final) - i95 kickoff classic

imaGoodBoyNow

3 minutes ago, DBP55 said:

Agree with WCAC

i thought he was talking about sorry-assed Joes.

at any rate, we played a top-25 team in a place where our kids probably got caught up in the nation's emotions and all that's going on.  long bus ride.  crappy accommodations.  we always get our iphones stolen from the locker room whenever we go there.  our cheerleaders don't cheer at away games.  a lot to deal with

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

1. Zaga

2. SJC

3. DMC

4. GC

According to the local, MD/DC experts. 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

1. Zaga

2. SJC

3. DMC

4. GC

According to the local, MD/DC experts. 

I totally disagree..that is based on the four game spring season where some played seniors and some didn’t. I think it’s 1 DeM…2 SJC …3/4 GC and Gonz. But all four should be close.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WCAC guy said:

I totally disagree..that is based on the four game spring season where some played seniors and some didn’t. I think it’s 1 DeM…2 SJC …3/4 GC and Gonz. But all four should be close.

Thx. I was going by the video that @NicholasMalibu recently posted. DMC #1 even though they lost its starting QB??

Final thoughts ...was at game.  SJR started slow...QB looked shaky.  Give credit to SJR staff, make in game adjustments in the first half.  too many mental mistakes by SJR.  SJR O-Line played better than my expectation.  Key holding penalty on final drive was a killer.  Smiechowski is a baller...Columbia getting a good one.  #2 needs to get fed the ball more.  NO TE hurts.  Overall, SJR competed and gave themselves a shot to win the game.  Young teams, need to learn how to win and hopefully they will figure out this season.  Good win by GC, and we travel to them next year.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Final thoughts ...was at game.  SJR started slow...QB looked shaky.  Give credit to SJR staff, make in game adjustments in the first half.  too many mental mistakes by SJR.  SJR O-Line played better than my expectation.  Key holding penalty on final drive was a killer.  Smiechowski is a baller...Columbia getting a good one.  #2 needs to get fed the ball more.  NO TE hurts.  Overall, SJR competed and gave themselves a shot to win the game.  Young teams, need to learn how to win and hopefully they will figure out this season.  Good win by GC, and we travel to them next year.  

Did your AD get fired? That rumor was flowing around the stadium today. Please advise. 

15 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Really would like to see these programs play each other every year or every other …  

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Did your AD get fired? That rumor was flowing around the stadium today. Please advise. 

4 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Really would like to see these programs play each other every year or every other …  

Planted the seed of a Super Regional Catholic league with our President at game...Big 3 / MD catholic league / Philly Catholics. Have a set rotation every year keep our travel costs down and national competitive games.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ecupatsfan12 said:

Gonzaga has the best coaching in the DMV

No, Bill McGregor is one of the finest coaches in America.  An .875 winning percentage for 35+ years and literally 300+ on major scholarships.  Only Coach Lad has more top 25 finishes in USA Today than Bill.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

No, Bill McGregor is one of the finest coaches in America.  An .875 winning percentage for 35+ years and literally 300+ on major scholarships.  Only Coach Lad has more top 25 finishes in USA Today than Bill.

DMCs national ranking the last three seasons:

2018: 39

2019: 40

2020: 57

Great HC, but his team is trending downward. Rooting for him this season!