So Cal (Other than MD and SJB)

Sammyswordsman

11 minutes ago, Ararar said:

St.Bernard? 😂 not even in the same ballpark.One was a fly by night program run by a coach who has cheated the system so much it would make Rush Probst blush.The other has been steadily building its program for years to the point they actually played well against one of the teams that makes you piss yourself 

Spot on. I guarantee you he brags about beating Sierra Canyon *IF* servite can get it done. Thank God we’ll be here to remind him they are a “joke”. Best team on their pre-league schedule is a joke according to him! Can’t make this shit up! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

When is the last time Servite has Been in The Open?
. đŸ€Ł

DLS is Allright, They will win the open again before Servite beats MD, That’s Forsure
. đŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł

Just now, Griff said:

This sounds absolutely stupid. Football in California runs in cycles. 10 years ago in 2011, Servite was the number #1 program in CIFSS, LB Poly was the strongest public in the state, MD hadn't won a championship since 1999 and Bosco wasn't relevant. 10 years later, things have drastically changed. 10 years from now, its going to be completely different. Everyone is panicking for no reason.

Wrong.  10 years ago there was no clear cut finalists.  Look it up 

I’m not suggesting to change the playoffs permanently, just right now due to the disparity in talent at the top 2 schools.

attendance and interest n the D-1 playoffs  is down.   Read the local HS sports reporters.   They’ve been screaming for changes 

13 minutes ago, Ararar said:

program run by a coach who has cheated the system so much it would make Rush Probst blush.

đŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł

14 minutes ago, Ararar said:

The other has been steadily building its program for years to the point they actually played well against one of the teams that makes you piss yourself 

đŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€Łâ€Š. I almost spit my Beer out Twice on this post!!!! đŸ»

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Spot on. I guarantee you he brags about beating Sierra Canyon *IF* servite can get it done. Thank God we’ll be here to remind him they are a “joke”. Best team on their pre-league schedule is a joke according to him! Can’t make this shit up! 

More likely I will point out how over hyped Sierra Canyon is.  Which they are.  I’m calling it right now.  8-2 at best 

• Like 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

More likely I will point out how over hyped Sierra Canyon is.  Which they are.  I’m calling it right now.  8-2 at best 

Same as servite’s record. Well, maybe the friars go 9-1 since SJB is in BIG TROUBLE this year! If Sierra canyon is a joke it better be a running clock because servite is undisputed #8 in the world!! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Wrong.  10 years ago there was no clear cut finalists.  Look it up 

I’m not suggesting to change the playoffs permanently, just right now due to the disparity in talent at the top 2 schools.

attendance and interest n the D-1 playoffs  is down.   Read the local HS sports reporters.   They’ve been screaming for changes 

Point remains things change and Cali football runs in cycles. This is a dominant cycle for MD and Bosco now, but it won't last. 4 playoffs in a row has the same two teams in the championship and suddenly you upchuck everything? I don't think so. D1 caliber teams would rather compete and lose than play for a D2 ring.

• Like 1

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

Same as servite’s record. Well, maybe the friars go 9-1 since SJB is in BIG TROUBLE this year! If Sierra canyon is a joke it better be a running clock because servite is undisputed #8 in the world!! 

Lol.  I just checked their schedule.  More like 1-5 to start.  Starting with a bad loss to Jokes.  

if your are counting on Sierra Canyon to point to competitive equity you’ll be sorely disappointed 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Getting a little long in the tooth for DLS

We've seen this before , as you know . This is normal for H.S.  The " Streak " was not normal .   Since 2016 , Dela doesn't get the depth of talent like they had between 2009 - 2015 , but they are clawing their way back . It's been 4 straight losses in SBG and this year will make it 5 , if they make it.  Losing to these All - Star teams , that look like they will just reload every year with new transfers , etc . for the foreseeable  future , makes the climb more difficult for sure. I personally like watching the best H.S. football , and I'm sure the players for Dela would have it no other way . The program is just wired that way. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Griff said:

Point remains things change and Cali football runs in cycles. This is a dominant cycle for MD and Bosco now, but it won't last. 4 playoffs in a row has the same two teams in the championship and suddenly you upchuck everything? I don't think so. D1 caliber teams would rather compete and lose than play for a D2 ring.

So why are all the five stars leaving their teams for the Big 2.?

I’ll answer that.   They want a ring.

7 minutes ago, Griff said:

This sounds absolutely stupid. Football in California runs in cycles. 10 years ago in 2011, Servite was the number #1 program in CIFSS, LB Poly was the strongest public in the state, MD hadn't won a championship since 1999 and Bosco wasn't relevant. 10 years later, things have drastically changed. 10 years from now, its going to be completely different. Everyone is panicking for no reason.

I feel you on this, but times are different now with Social Media, Recruiting and games on TV, etc

MD is a National Brand now and SJB has a Young Coach that could carry them for 15 more years as a Top Team

You have to remember that when Servite won their Back to Back PAC 5 Titles Cen 10 was not in their playoff Bracket and they didn’t play in the regular season

So we don’t know Forsure if Servite was #1 is So Cal on the field

Now these questions are clearly answered every year because every one plays each other so it is definitive that MD and SJB are the Top 2 Teams in So Cal and it’s not that close

Who is going to unseat these 2 and how will they do it when MD and SJB are Committed to this and they can get players from all over So Cal?

Cen10’s Feat of Back To Back PAC 5 Titles by a Public School will never be done again
. The only thing that can stop MD and SJB is to Bring back the transfers sit out rule

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

We've seen this before , as you know . This is normal for H.S.  The " Streak " was not normal .   Since 2016 , Dela doesn't get the depth of talent like they had between 2009 - 2015 , but they are clawing their way back . It's been 4 straight losses in SBG and this year will make it 5 , if they make it.  Losing to these All - Star teams , that look like they will just reload every year with new transfers , etc . for the foreseeable  future , makes the climb more difficult for sure. I personally like watching the best H.S. football , and I'm sure the players for Dela would have it no other way . The program is just wired that way. 

The streak caused a lost generation in Nor Cal football .  These days it’s in shambles.  

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Cen10’s Feat of Back To Back PAC 5 Titles by a Public School will never be done again
. The only thing that can stop MD and SJB is to Bring back the transfers sit out rule

I don’t even think that would slow the progress. The freshman classes both schools have gotten these last few years are ridiculous. Kids want to play a national schedule on the biggest stage. MD and SJB offer that. De la is the best up north and always challenges themselves with a big OOS game so they get the kids to come in from day 1. Servite messed up by not taking this team on the road. They made an even bigger mistake by not competing in the TL vs USA event. Kids want the big time games that are broadcasted across the country. As of today not aware of any big time transfer in to MD this off season. A few kids have left for Los al and Edison. Bosco got two 4 stars that play in the secondary to transfer over from Alemany. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I feel you on this, but times are different now with Social Media, Recruiting and games on TV, etc

MD is a National Brand now and SJB has a Young Coach that could carry them for 15 more years as a Top Team

You have to remember that when Servite won their Back to Back PAC 5 Titles Cen 10 was not in their playoff Bracket and they didn’t play in the regular season

So we don’t know Forsure if Servite was #1 is So Cal on the field

Now these questions are clearly answered every year because every one plays each other so it is definitive that MD and SJB are the Top 2 Teams in So Cal and it’s not that close

Who is going to unseat these 2 and how will they do it when MD and SJB are Committed to this and they can get players from all over So Cal?

I can't answer how the next turning will play out. All I know is these things move in cycles. 10 years ago, if I told you Poly has 1 more championship in them before they get utterly decimated and the program self-destructs, you would have never believed me. If I told you Bosco was going to become the new national powerhouse, you would've laughed in my face. MD was 4-6 10 years ago losing to city section schools.

Stuff happens. Cen10 could resurge, maybe Amat and Loyola get their mojo back. Los Al has a resurgence going on right now, tons of transfers and lots of momentum. Can anyone honestly say with an absolute certianty that Bosco and MD are going to be able to sustain this pace for another 5 years? Of course not. 

6 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I don’t even think that would slow the progress. The freshman classes both schools have gotten these last few years are ridiculous. Kids want to play a national schedule on the biggest stage. MD and SJB offer that. De la is the best up north and always challenges themselves with a big OOS game so they get the kids to come in from day 1. Servite messed up by not taking this team on the road. They made an even bigger mistake by not competing in the TL vs USA event. Kids want the big time games that are broadcasted across the country. As of today not aware of any big time transfer in to MD this off season. A few kids have left for Los al and Edison. Bosco got two 4 stars that play in the secondary to transfer over from Alemany. 

Totally Agree!!
 Especially what you said about the Freshman Classes as well
. This is what kids want now and MD and SJB have built it up
. We are in a different ERA of HSFB now, this is not a Cycle

Teams are sponsored by Nike, there are all these showcases, the “Old Days” of Cali Football are gone in the Souther Section
. It is one of the most talented areas in the Country and talent wants to play against talent and get recognized and recruited

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Griff said:

I can't answer how the next turning will play out. All I know is these things move in cycles. 10 years ago, if I told you Poly has 1 more championship in them before they get utterly decimated and the program self-destructs, you would have never believed me. If I told you Bosco was going to become the new national powerhouse, you would've laughed in my face. MD was 4-6 10 years ago losing to city section schools.

Stuff happens. Cen10 could resurge, maybe Amat and Loyola get their mojo back. Los Al has a resurgence going on right now, tons of transfers and lots of momentum. Can anyone honestly say with an absolute certianty that Bosco and MD are going to be able to sustain this pace for another 5 years? Of course not. 

If you remove the big 2 from your point above then it sounds exciting.

We’ve had 4 years of the same teams in the finals and their freshmen classes point to 4 more.   

How much carnage do you put up with  while waiting for your cycle?

5 minutes ago, Griff said:

Can anyone honestly say with an absolute certianty that Bosco and MD are going to be able to sustain this pace for another 5 years? Of course not. 

Yes, 100% They can Sustain it
 They have the Financial Backing and Support of the School and they don’t have to worry about their School District Tanking them like LBP’s did by changing the Rules

These are Privates and they make the rules and MD has Already proven they can out muscle the CIF

Again, I hear what you are saying, but we are in a new ERA of HSFB in So Cal

I have watched DLS do this to Nor Cal for 25+ year and they were not even trying to do it
.MD and SJB are in a Mission

2 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Yes, 100% They can Sustain it
 They have the Financial Backing and Support of the School and they don’t have to worry about their School District Tanking them like LBP’s did by changing the Rules

These are Privates and they make the rules and MD has Already proven they can out muscle the CIF

Again, I hear what you are saying, but we are in a new ERA of HSFB in So Cal

I have watched DLS do this to Nor Cal for 25+ year and they were not even trying to do it
.MD and SJB are in a Mission

I just can't see it happening, but I guess only time will tell. I've watched HS football in SoCal since the 80s and nothing ever lasts very long. I get that we are seeing something different at this juncture, but history has shown none of this will last beyond a few more years. 

2 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

There is an article that came about around a year ago that proposed using a system that grouped the playoff divisions solely on how a team has performed against its level of competition that year.

“The proposal includes a formula that calculates the strength of each team based entirely on the regular season results of the current year. The formula, which includes a school’s win-loss record, its strength of schedule and quality of wins, among other things, will allow teams to be subsequently placed into divisional brackets that will be released the Sunday after the regular season ends.”

https://www.desertsun.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2020/05/15/cif-ss-vote-new-high-school-football-playoff-format-may-21/5203912002/

Unless, something similar has already been attempted, would this format have any hopes of improving the playoffs?

That is similar to the system they will be using this upcoming season. They should be releasing weekly rankings as well so when the end of the season comes around y it should have an idea of what division you will be playing in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

So we don’t know For sure if Servite was #1 is So Cal on the field

Maybe we don't know in 2010, but in 2009, Servite was the highest rated team in the entire state of California. That's according to USAToday, PrepNation, Rivals, MaxPreps, and CalPreps.